The praise Dak is receiving for that game is ridiculous

khiladi

Reaction score
We were pass heavy because the Cowboys got behind the chains a bunch running on first down.

No, I am referring to the first two drives. Our first drive ended when Zeke ran for four yards on first down, giving a Dak six yards to work with passing. That’s not behind the chains.

the second drive, Zeke on each of his three carries netted 4 yards. We again stalled on two passing plays by Dak with only six yards to go.

khiladi

Reaction score
If that is the case we should be giving Pollard more carries.

Pollard needs more carries, but Pollard is a back that needs space. He’s going to get destroyed going against the fronts Zeke does in early game scenarios. He is a situational back.

Zeke is essentially like Emmitt, in how his impact is ultimately felt over the course of the game. Of course Emmitt was on a whole different level though.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No, I am referring to the first two drives. Our first drive ended when Zeke ran for four yards on first down, giving a Dak six yards to work with passing. That’s not behind the chains.

the second drive, Zeke on each of his three carries netted 4 yards. We again stalled on two passing plays by Dak with only six yards to go.

The two prior first downs Zeke ran for 2 and 3 yards, but Dak converted passes to get the first down. Those are inefficient runs that Dak had to dig the team out of a hole. According to you Zeke doesn't have.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Pollard needs more carries, but Pollard is a back that needs space. He’s going to get destroyed going against the fronts Zeke does in early game scenarios. He is a situational back.

Zeke is essentially like Emmitt, in how his impact is ultimately felt over the course of the game. Of course Emmitt was on a whole different level though.

I'm saying once the defense is tired in secomd half that Pollard would be able to take advantage.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Our defense is second only to New England in fourth quarter scoring and we are basically a top five scoring defense. We are even better than the Vikings in that regards. Our defense actually stopped the Vikings defense in the fourth and gave us the ball back with plenty of time to move down the field.

The 14 point lead that gave the Vikings a head start was when our offense was also struggling and we actually went PASD HEAVY on those drives. It was a 9-4, pass-run ratio.

Dak’s big passing plays, going 5 for 5 on THIRD AND LONG, on the second quarter were basically predicated on great pass protection on long, developing pass plays against man coverage on the outside. They were either sideline routes, or by the third, the deep crossing routes by Cobb over the middle. That’s all because of great protection and the Vikings dedicating resources at the line.
So, Dak did what he was supposed to do under the circumstances. It was a close game and the Cowboys needed a little more from the D or coaching staff. I don't care about stats unless you're talking scoreboard. The Vikes ate more clock and shortened the game with a 150 yards on the ground. The Cowboys were focused on the run too, but couldn't contain the Vikes ball carriers.

irishline

Reaction score
This game proved nothing about Dak nor Zeke’s connection. It proved that our defense sucks a-s and our coaching is probably next to the worst in the league.

I am sorry but what you said is basically wrong. But only because of your lenient use of the word probably.

CWR

Reaction score
Our defense is second only to New England in fourth quarter scoring and we are basically a top five scoring defense. We are even better than the Vikings in that regards. Our defense actually stopped the Vikings defense in the fourth and gave us the ball back with plenty of time to move down the field.

The 14 point lead that gave the Vikings a head start was when our offense was also struggling and we actually went PASD HEAVY on those drives. It was a 9-4, pass-run ratio.

Dak’s big passing plays, going 5 for 5 on THIRD AND LONG, on the second quarter were basically predicated on great pass protection on long, developing pass plays against man coverage on the outside. They were either sideline routes, or by the third, the deep crossing routes by Cobb over the middle. That’s all because of great protection and the Vikings dedicating resources at the line.

Totes man, the defense was super vs Vikings. Im suprised Dak blew it with such a dominant performance from Zeke and the defense. You win. Lol

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
This thread is still going?

holy-grail-run-away.gif

Playmaker247

Reaction score
"at least top 10"

Are you sure about that?

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Russell Wilson

Above five are all gimmes.

Patrick Mahomes - since being in the league obviously
Deshaun Watson - as above
Matty Ryan (people like to criticise him but former league MVP and consistently puts up impressive numbers)
Lamar Jackson
Kyler Murrey

Ravens and Cardinals wouldn't swap their respective guy for Prescott.

Andrew Luck (until retirement)

Subjective QBs
Philip Rivers - starting to feel the pinch but his last two seasons were of a higher standard with less around him than Prescott.
Matt Stafford - Again, i'm taking him over Prescott but I appreciate that some wouldn't.
I personally have Carson Wentz higher than Prescott but appreciate that a lot of Cowboys fans do not.

Aside from the above names, I consider Prescott in the same bracket as quarterbacks like Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garoppolo - all of whom have their strengths but arguably have question marks as to whether they are franchise quarterbacks.
You can’t be this stupid

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone aged 40+ should be ashamed of themselves if they were happy with Dak's play against the Vikings. Millennials are thrilled with good fantasy numbers and participation trophies, but the older generation SHOULD know winning is what's important. Dak had a chance to win it at the end of the game and he flat out blew it. As the leader of the offense, can't he audible out of ridiculous run calls? Then why didn't he?? Everyone else knew how stupid those calls were. And don't tell me he was scared of any retribution by that lame fool clapper for changing the plays :rolleyes:. Secondly, he had open lanes to run instead of forcing bad passes. But that's exactly what he did, especially on the bad pass to Zeke on 4th. He can run, so why didn't he? I guess he doesn't want to get hurt until he gets that huge contract.

I don't give a rat's hiney what any Daktards think, Dak is NOT a leader and he CAN'T win the big game. Fantasy numbers and participation trophies pfffftt.
Prove me wrongo_O.

You know, it actually is possible for a QB to play well and the team still lose. The "Daktard" comment doesn't help your case. It just makes your post seem like an irrational rant intended to pick a fight with other posters.

Now, for a bit of reality … sure Dak could have done something different. With hindsight it's pretty easy to say that, but it is fair to say that what was done wasn't enough to get the job done. But your comments about his lack of leadership are contrary to what every coach, teammate, media source and even opposing coaches and players say about Dak. Even if Dak could have done something better, it's not logical to say that was the result of being a bad leader.

irving

Reaction score
I had two big issues with Dak that night.

1. He started slow yet again, and if they don't drop the pick six he gave them, it's 21-0 and the game is over early.

2. With the Vikings crashing down on Zeke all night, why did he not once opt to run on the RPO? Especially late.

Other than that, he played very well. He just needs to learn how to play 4 quarters instead of it always being 2 or 3.
Since you used the word if, I submit to you if the Dallas defense could have made a few stops Dallas wins the game. As for playing 4 quarters,does that mean the defense doesn't have to play the entire game? It's a team game, the Viking defense, offense and special teams and coaching staff out performed Dallas, that's why they won.

irving

Reaction score
Oh you mean the game Elliott had a total of 35 yards rushing so no help there on two accounts. No rushing yards so no play action to work off of. Or how about that defense that let Bridgewater complete 74% of his passes or Maher missing a field goal that would have won the game. Even franchise QB's need some help otherwise QB's like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, would ever lose a game.
Excellent post, there seems to be this belief among some fans that the elite quarterbacks win games on their own. Truth is the three elite quarterbacks you named actually play on really good complete teams. Elite/franchise quarterbacks need help also.

tico

Reaction score
Hahahahaha this thread is absolutely idiotic

Dallas lost..thus, dak isn't good

OK..so since wins and losses are a qb stat..how about somebody show this guy what daks record is..also show him what daks record is vs winning teams and where that stands vs other qbs in this league

The premise of this thread isn't just stupid...it's ridiculously stupid
Straight the up bro... Suckas can't realise Garrett sucks! ROMO got this heat also.. just pathetic fans who expect him to be Brees every week

CB61

Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.
Pretty much tells it all and a lot of people on here we're pointing that out and some didn't want to hear it they just we're beating that Prescott stats horse, and as I and several other here pointed out stats don't win games or at least quarterback stats don't I don't give a rat's *** if you have 500 yards passing a game if you don't win the game that means nothing except a line in the stat book

CB61

Reaction score
Pretty much tells it all and a lot of people on here we're pointing that out and some didn't want to hear it they just we're beating that Prescott stats horse, and as I and several other here pointed out stats don't win games or at least quarterback stats don't I don't give a rat's *** if you have 500 yards passing a game if you don't win the game that means nothing except a line in the stat book
With that being said the defense let us down big-time in that game but the offense also could have started playing in the first quarter instead of the second and of course you're going to have those off days but it's a consistent thing with this Cowboys team they don't want to play a whole 60 Minutes they try to win the game in the second half when they're already behind playing desperate

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh you mean the game Elliott had a total of 35 yards rushing so no help there on two accounts. No rushing yards so no play action to work off of. Or how about that defense that let Bridgewater complete 74% of his passes or Maher missing a field goal that would have won the game. Even franchise QB's need some help otherwise QB's like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, would ever lose a game.

Ya those games exactly. The same type of games that franchise QB's overcome and find a way to win. Not always but once and awhile, that is what a franchise QB does, except for the ones that need everything around them to be perfect for them to win.