The praise Dak is receiving for that game is ridiculous

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke was the one that came up short. When they featured Zeke, we were down 14-0. When they put the game in Dak's hands, he destroyed it. Had they stuck with Dak, we win. But instead they went back to the turd the last 3 plays and as usual, Zeke choked.

Wasn't the play a RPO? and Dak chose to hand the ball off? Seems to me like Dak made the wrong choice, however none of that matters, what matters is teams key on Zeke and when they are successfull at stopping him we generally lose and i guess if we go your route and say Zeke choked, well then i guess whenever he does choke nobody else is able to step up and carry the team.

irving

Reaction score
Look what Brady and Rodgers have done for years with often pedestrian receiving corps.

Brees dropped to 7-2! OMG, the dam is breaking, lol.

Dak is decent, but he can't carry football teams like elite guys do. Until he proves otherwise, that's just the way it is.

Dak is just like Goff or Dalton or Flacco. He's good when everything around him is ideal. Otherwise, he's just a guy.

And go look at that 13-3 record in 2016. One of the easiest schedules in Cowboys history.
Your argument doesn't make since, the three quarterbacks you mention are all Hall of Fame quarterbacks, therefore most NFL quarterbacks pale in comparison to the aforementioned players. As for carrying their teams, once again the players you mention play on teams that have better coaching staffs and have achieved far greater recent success than the cowboys have. All three of those quarterbacks and teams have won Super Bowls in the recent past,when compared to Dallas. Elite quarterbacks can only carry their team but so far, they don't win Super Bowls alone. I'm sure Brady,Brees and Rodgers would tell you that it took an entire team and coaching staff to win the Super Bowl. As a side note, you do realize the Saints were undefeated while Brees was out injured? proving the point it takes a team and coaching to win, not just a elite quarterback.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wasn't the play a RPO? and Dak chose to hand the ball off? Seems to me like Dak made the wrong choice, however none of that matters, what matters is teams key on Zeke and when they are successfull at stopping him we generally lose and i guess if we go your route and say Zeke choked, well then i guess whenever he does choke nobody else is able to step up and carry the team.

Cant really say Zeke choked as he was bad all game long.

Dak carried the team and it was taken out of his hands at the end.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cant really say Zeke choked as he was bad all game long.

Dak carried the team and it was taken out of his hands at the end.

Did we win? and do we win when teams stop Zeke, simple questions. I'll say it again i don't expect (Dak) to win all those games but it would be nice to win them once and awhile. Lets try to reverse it a bit. I have seen some games where Dak didn't play well (whether it be INT's or terrible passing games etc) that we won because Zeke had an awesome game, so how come when Zeke has a bad game or is stopped there is nobody there (Dak) to pick him and the team up? That's all i'm saying. If you want to be called a franchise/elite QB in the NFL you have to win some of those games (not all, infact not many) but some. Our QB seems to never win them. But when the entire team is rolling he has a great winning record and that is what you call a bus driver. If Dak wants to change that narrative he has to find a way to win some of those games, situations be damned.

CWR

Reaction score
No, I don’t and neither do our opponents, who have been playing one deep safety with man on the outside consistently with Dak, when Zeke is in the backfield this year. The approach by defenses in regards to this team is the exact same, to stop Zeke.

The Vikings pretty much did it all night and they didn’t even have their best corner back, leaving a second year CB on Amari all game long without safety help. Jim Schwartz essentially did the same thing with his third string CBs and LBs injuries last year, and this year.

the only difference is Dak, after 3 years, realizes he has man coverage pretty much all day on the sideline routes because of how this team is defending the Cowboys and the RG and he needs to challenge the corners. Yippee...

NINE games -2777 yds 308 yards per game

SIXTEEN games-3324yds 207 yards per game

Yeah the offense is extactly the same. Dak is really failing us. Lmao

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did we win? and do we win when teams stop Zeke, simple questions. I'll say it again i don't expect (Dak) to win all those games but it would be nice to win them once and awhile. Lets try to reverse it a bit. I have seen some games where Dak didn't play well (whether it be INT's or terrible passing games etc) that we won because Zeke had an awesome game, so how come when Zeke has a bad game or is stopped there is nobody there (Dak) to pick him and the team up? That's all i'm saying. If you want to be called a franchise/elite QB in the NFL you have to win some of those games (not all infact not many) but some. Our QB seems to never win them. But when the entire team is rolling he has a great winning record and that is what you call a bus driver. If Dak wants to change that narrative he has to find a way to win some of those games, situations be damned.

Dak leads the NFL in late game wins. LOL

I guess you missed the 400 yards and 3 TD's. Dak continues to put the team on his back. I know that bothers you. But I guess if you keep denying it, you will never have to face reality.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did we win? and do we win when teams stop Zeke, simple questions. I'll say it again i don't expect (Dak) to win all those games but it would be nice to win them once and awhile. Lets try to reverse it a bit. I have seen some games where Dak didn't play well (whether it be INT's or terrible passing games etc) that we won because Zeke had an awesome game, so how come when Zeke has a bad game or is stopped there is nobody there (Dak) to pick him and the team up? That's all i'm saying. If you want to be called a franchise/elite QB in the NFL you have to win some of those games (not all, infact not many) but some. Our QB seems to never win them. But when the entire team is rolling he has a great winning record and that is what you call a bus driver. If Dak wants to change that narrative he has to find a way to win some of those games, situations be damned.
Some might say we would've won, had Dak continued to throw to his receivers, and that the final nails came on the 3 consecutive plays to Zeke....in which case, they share the blame.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

One of the plays showed film that said that it wasn't set up as a RPO, but a run all of the way from how the O Line or players was lined up or something.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This team is pretty close to frittering away a season and all you people care about is what "credit" the QB gets.

Thread after thread. Prescott is doing this. Prescott is really elite, see? Better than Wentz!

None of that matters.

It is the same as it was back then with Romo.

The team was not getting it done, so the only thing to do is latch onto a player and worry about the credit, or lack thereof, they are receiving.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak leads the NFL in late game wins. LOL

I guess you missed the 400 yards and 3 TD's. Dak continues to put the team on his back. I know that bothers you. But I guess if you keep denying it, you will never have to face reality.

I guess you are missing the entire point of the conversation or ignoring it because you have no answer. Dak has led comebacks i agree, when has he led a comebacks when Zeke has been held in check? It's a simple question. He threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's and we lost, was he responsible for the loss? of course not. Did he do anything at the end to win it? No he didn't. I'm not the one denying anything i'm the one asking when Dak will win some games like this when Zeke is held in check, and this entire day you have not answered that question. I will repeat my position again. I do not expect Dak to be able to win all those games. I DO expect him to win the occasional game when things are not perfect. I guess being the Dak coddler you are you think i am asking too much from him. Dak has yet to put this team on his back and carry them to victory when things around him are not going well. Elite QB's (Brady, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers etc) do this from time to time, not always but from time to time, that is why they are considered elite. You can argue it any way you want but what the stats say is simple. As Zeke goes the team goes and when Zeke doesn't the team doesn't. I don't care how many yards, TD's come from behind victories you want to say Dak has. Until he can win some big games (not all of them just a couple would be nice) when Zeke is being bottled up....then he is nothing more than a bus driver, if i'm being nice he is an ELITE BUS DRIVER, but a bus driver still the same

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This team is pretty close to frittering away a season and all you people care about is what "credit" the QB gets.

Thread after thread. Prescott is doing this. Prescott is really elite, see? Better than Wentz!

None of that matters.

It is the same as it was back then with Romo.

The team was not getting it done, so the only thing to do is latch onto a player and worry about the credit, or lack thereof, they are receiving.

Pretty sad if you ask me.
Those few extremist Dak fans don’t care as long as they can fight the haters on here smh.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Is that so? We are not talking about game winning drives where the team is playing well as a whole, Zeke is having a 100 yard day etc and Dak and the Cowboys have the ball last or late in the game and drive for a FG or TD, we are talking about those game where not everything is perfect and the team needs Dak to step up and put the team on his shoulders and win a game (that is what franchise QB's do, they don't do it all the time but they do it enough). Maybe you should check Dak's record when Zeke doesn't have a good game, i promise you it is not very good

Dallas vs. Giants, week 17, 2018

NEXT.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess you are missing the entire point of the conversation or ignoring it because you have no answer. Dak has led comebacks i agree, when has he led a comebacks when Zeke has been held in check? It's a simple question. He threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's and we lost, was he responsible for the loss? of course not. Did he do anything at the end to win it? No he didn't. I'm not the one denying anything i'm the one asking when Dak will win some games like this when Zeke is held in check, and this entire day you have not answered that question. I will repeat my position again. I do not expect Dak to be able to win all those games. I DO expect him to win the occasional game when things are not perfect. I guess being the Dak coddler you are you think i am asking too much from him. Dak has yet to put this team on his back and carry them to victory when things around him are not going well. Elite QB's (Brady, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers etc) do this from time to time, not always but from time to time, that is why they are considered elite. You can argue it any way you want but what the stats say is simple. As Zeke goes the team goes and when Zeke doesn't the team doesn't. I don't care how many yards, TD's come from behind victories you want to say Dak has. Until he can win some big games (not all of them just a couple would be nice) when Zeke is being bottled up....then he is nothing more than a bus driver, if i'm being nice he is an ELITE BUS DRIVER, but a bus driver still the same
I have to say, none of this is unfair.