The problem with fans and the status quo

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
People blame Dak and Garrett because it’s easy and that’s what fans do, not because they’ve conducted an exhaustive review of what the team actually needs.

It’s the same reason the majority was 100% convinced Kellen Moore wasn’t qualified to be a QB coach when he’s apparently good enough to be promoted to OC after a single season. Generally speaking, fans don’t have a clue. But they’re always certain they’re right.
And they move from one negative narrative, after they’ve been proven wrong, to the next. Over and over again. The funny thing is they don’t realize how stupid they look doing it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they move from one negative narrative, after they’ve been proven wrong, to the next. Over and over again. The funny thing is they don’t realize how stupid they look doing it.

It is pretty routine. All fans of all teams do it. You'd think more would recognize the patterns. It's not like the issues in Dallas are that difficult to diagnose in the first place.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
People blame Dak and Garrett because it’s easy and that’s what fans do, not because they’ve conducted an exhaustive review of what the team actually needs.

It’s the same reason the majority was 100% convinced Kellen Moore wasn’t qualified to be a QB coach when he’s apparently good enough to be promoted to OC after a single season. Generally speaking, fans don’t have a clue. But they’re always certain they’re right.

but an organization whos been a loser for 22 plus years is doing something right? the eagles who went from bad years to SB winner in 2 seasons with a HC shouldnt talk or shouldnt win? Yea, fans arent always right but after 22 years, and let me clear this up, if you wanted to see Dallas winnig years , well you couldnt because we dont have the technology anymore. Yea its been that long IN a league that has dumbed it down as well. Thats your logic? Well, they are the organization. No, thats lame. Teams that just wanted a full stadium is doing what Dallas wont do. But hey, they were right about Kellen Moore, Brandon Weedon, and Dave Campo, am i right? Swamp of mediocrity and as long as it pays the bills. The hapless Seahawks have done what we cant, the Cardinals have come closer, the RAMS have turned it around. But hey we got KM, that ll learn em.

your acceptance of the swamp is ill fitting.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
despite my total disdain for the schmuck, I can't go so far as to root for his earthly demise, but I do believe its the only chance of worthwhile change....

until I realize his spawn has permeated the entire organization so they're likely to carry on flailing in the wind indefinitely
It does beg the question, doesn't it?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
23 years and can't beat 2 teams in a row in the playoffs. It's Jerry as gm obviously. We've had a whole bunch of different coaches and players but only 1 thing has stayed the same and that's Jerry. He doesn't hire real coaching talent and too loyal to his players. He also had a really bad stretch of FA signings and trades.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
23 years and can't beat 2 teams in a row in the playoffs. It's Jerry as gm obviously. We've had a whole bunch of different coaches and players but only 1 thing has stayed the same and that's Jerry. He doesn't hire real coaching talent and too loyal to his players. He also had a really bad stretch of FA signings and trades.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The essence of his futility.

edited

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but an organization whos been a loser for 22 plus years is doing something right? the eagles who went from bad years to SB winner in 2 seasons with a HC shouldnt talk or shouldnt win? Yea, fans arent always right but after 22 years, and let me clear this up, if you wanted to see Dallas winnig years , well you couldnt because we dont have the technology anymore. Yea its been that long IN a league that has dumbed it down as well. Thats your logic? Well, they are the organization. No, thats lame. Teams that just wanted a full stadium is doing what Dallas wont do. But hey, they were right about Kellen Moore, Brandon Weedon, and Dave Campo, am i right? Swamp of mediocrity and as long as it pays the bills. The hapless Seahawks have done what we cant, the Cardinals have come closer, the RAMS have turned it around. But hey we got KM, that ll learn em.

your acceptance of the swamp is ill fitting.

Look at what the Eagles did to get over the hump. It’s fitting. It’s all about talent acquisition.

And don’t say I’m accepting the swamp when you’re the one falling for the head fake again instead of lobbying to fix what’s actually broken. Your way gets more if the same with a different smiling face in front. You’re the one advocating for more mediocrity, not me.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry. Forgot to get back on that one. It’s a little bit from column A and a little bit from a column B and a lot from column Owner for me on that one.
Any organization succeeds or flounders/fails because it all starts from the top. All anyone can do is compensate. I agree that it's a blend of factors. It really is difficult for me to assess Garrett's efforts without fully knowing how much meddling actually occurs. Knowing Jerry's past tendencies, I would say enough to hamstring him. Garrett is not without his faults, but he ain't the boss.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any organization succeeds or flounders/fails because it all starts from the top. All anyone can do is compensate. I agree that it's a blend of factors. It really is difficult for me to assess Garrett's efforts without fully knowing how much meddling actually occurs. Knowing Jerry's past tendencies, I would say enough to hamstring him. Garrett is not without his faults, but he ain't the boss.

That’s how I see it, too. I’m Garrett’s invest supporter on the site, maybe, but he’s made his share of mistakes, as well. Jerry makes it awfully tough to have a not-dysfunctional organization in the first place. He sows chaos wherever he goes, and he’s the boss.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s how I see it, too. I’m Garrett’s invest supporter on the site, maybe, but he’s made his share of mistakes, as well. Jerry makes it awfully tough to have a not-dysfunctional organization in the first place. He sows chaos wherever he goes, and he’s the boss.
It really becomes difficult to assign any sort of role responsibility when an organization is micro managed. I've liked Garrett and it's easy to pick a fall guy and pile on him, and I have at times. Can't believe he has put up with his over lord, Jones. You think he would have left a while back. I'm sure they have clashed in private. Garrett has a fiery temperament. I am seriously amazed that Kris Richard came here!

yimyammer

Reaction score

bingo, we don't know what we don't know but my money is on "it ain't good" and we are therefore not seeing coach Garrett unencumbered by the albatross in charge. I'm not saying this to defend Garrett, he may be better or worse if he had full control, it just makes it difficult to accurately assess him.

Given the obstacles to success that are firmly entrenched here, I've always thought Garrett might be the best we'l ever see because most coaches wouldn't have a clue how to navigate the disfunction jeri brings to the party which takes time and energy away from the job they do best

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It really becomes difficult to assign any sort of role responsibility when an organization is micro managed. I've liked Garrett and it's easy to pick a fall guy and pile on him, and I have at times. Can't believe he has put up with his over lord, Jones. You think he would have left a while back. I'm sure they have clashed in private. Garrett has a fiery temperament. I am seriously amazed that Kris Richard came here!

Yeah. That’s why I have a hard time taking Richard as a possible replacement for Garrett seriously. The dude throws down with players in pregame. How he going to take Jerry publicly emasculating him for no reason?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. That’s why I have a hard time taking Richard as a possible replacement for Garrett seriously. The dude throws down with players in pregame. How he going to take Jerry publicly emasculating him for no reason?
Good point. Maybe Richard doesn't want that anyway. Makes me wonder if Garrett crosses Jerry too much, he's done. Maybe he already has.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bingo, we don't know what we don't know but my money is on "it ain't good" and we are therefore not seeing coach Garrett unencumbered by the albatross in charge. I'm not saying this to defend Garrett, he may be better or worse if he had full control, it just makes it difficult to accurately assess him.

Given the obstacles to success that are firmly entrenched here, I've always thought Garrett might be the best we'l ever see because most coaches wouldn't have a clue how to navigate the disfunction jeri brings to the party which takes time and energy away from the job they do best
It is the quintessential quandary in this dysfunctional junction.

yimyammer

Reaction score
How he going to take Jerry publicly emasculating him for no reason?

not well, but seeing that might be as good as 1 or 2 Super Bowls for this fan

Richards would find a hasty departure and end up like the reporter in the video below who had the temerity to ask jeri a "tough" question. That reporter appears to be persona non grata at the star and is now covering the Mavericks (I'd love to get the real skinny on how that happened):

I'd go so far as to speculate that press passes at the star are controlled by jeri & spawn, if they don't like your questions and stories, access becomes difficult, if not impossible