CFZ The prospects of Cowboys most successful season since the 90’s

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve always said there is a time to rake the pieces of this franchise over the coals but we must also recognize when it’s time to take notice and applaud.

I certainly didn’t think going into this season we could be one of the better teams in NFC and have a reasonable shot at making some noise in the playoffs . This looked like more of a retooling season.

I don’t think anyone foresaw that some of the powers from recent season would take such a downfall with losing records like GB, TB and LA which has opened it up for teams like Dallas, Phil and Minn. And of these 3 current top teams in NFC we actually are a more seasoned playoff team presenting a formidable foe.

The Cowboys defense and and a re-emerging Cowboys offense with Prescotts return could boot this 2022 team to our most serious SB contender since 2014 which Jumbo so accurately stated in his outstanding thread.

Yea, I said it. SB contender. Yes, it helps that former strong contenders have fallen back this year. But something to be said for taking advantage.

We will learn more in upcoming weeks as we have a very tough road schedule coming up after the bye . But we have far exceeded my expectations sitting at 6-2.

The only dilemma we may face heading into the playoffs is being a Wild Card but if we are 5th or 6th seed could likely be playing at a division winner with a worse record .

Id like our chances much better if we only had to win a couple playoff games with at least one at home . Winning 3 on the road could be too much to ask for. But with this defense and if offense can continue this current trend we could be an extremely tough out. Strong running game and defense are a recipe for success in playoffs .

Grab your popcorn Cowboy fans . We could be in for our greatest season since the 90’s.

Irv88

Reaction score
Yea. I agree. This is a top 10 all time cowboys team. It is very balanced and good in all three stages of the game -offense, defense, special teams.

All the pieces are there.

We will go as far as QB1 takes us. (We are in same boat as the chiefs with mahommes or bills with Allen)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yea. I agree. This is a top 10 all time cowboys team. It is very balanced and good in all three stages of the game -offense, defense, special teams.

We will go as far as QB1 takes us. (We are in same boat as the chiefs with mahommes or bills with Allen)

I dunno about this one man.. I can't put this team above '69, '70, '71, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '92, '93, '94, '95. I need to see more to even put them above 2007 and 2014. Not saying they can't get there.. but they still got work to do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

No, that’s not the message. We are not in the same boat as the Chiefs and Bills nor do we have a QB of their caliber.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I dunno about this one man.. I can't put this team above '69, '70, '71, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '92, '93, '94, '95. I need to see more to even put them above 2007 and 2014. Not saying they can't get there.. but they still got work to do.
Yea. I don’t think it’s top 10.

I wound only say it could be our best team or best opportunity to go deeper in playoffs since 2014. And it’s one our top teams this era.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No, that’s not the message. We are not in the same boat as the Chiefs and Bills nor do we have a QB of their caliber.

We will see.. Dak sure as hell has looked to be in anybody you wanna name's caliber these last 6+ quarters.. His numbers since the middle of the 2nd quarter of the Lions game are stupid.. 31-38 for over 450 yards and 3 TDs with the one greedy pick.. Dude been droppin dimes all over the field.. If he keeps playing like this (crossing fingers and toes) he will absolutely belong in the company of any "elite" QB you want to name. But of course he has to keep it up..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We will see.. Dak sure as hell has looked to be in anybody you wanna name's caliber these last 6+ quarters.. His numbers since the middle of the 2nd quarter of the Lions game are stupid.. 31-38 for over 450 yards and 3 TDs with the one greedy pick.. Dude been droppin dimes all over the field.. If he keeps playing like this (crossing fingers and toes) he will absolutely belong in the company of any "elite" QB you want to name. But of course he has to keep it up..
Yea but he’s not the core reason we feel our prospects for a deeper run are possible

While he can certainly contribute to the success our hopes rest more in our strong defense and running game which are a recipe for success in the playoffs.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm not raggin on Dak today, he played very well yesterday.

I will say that if Allen or Mahomes were QB'ing this team my hopes of reaching the SB would immediately go from cautiously optimistic to planning the party.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not raggin on Dak today, he played very well yesterday.

I will say that if Allen or Mahomes were QB'ing this team my hopes of reaching the SB would immediately go from cautiously optimistic to planning the party.
Yea,unfortunately one of them most likely are waiting in Arizona in Feb. But just making it to SB would be quite an accomplishment for this franchise. I’ll take making it to champ game which would be best season this era or since the 90’s.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yea but he’s not the core reason we feel our prospects for a deeper run are possible

While he can certainly contribute to the success our hopes rest more in our strong defense and running game which are a recipe for success in the playoffs.

I'm not sure the defense is quite good enough to carry a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson level play to the Super Bowl.. Fortunately for us, Dak is a lot better than those two.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yea,unfortunately one of them most likely are waiting in Arizona in Feb. But just making it to SB would be quite an accomplishment for this franchise. I’ll take making it to champ game which would be best season this era or since the 90’s.
I agree. Coming up short after a very nice run would set us up for an 'all in' season next year.

That seems to be the path the Bills are on and the path the Chiefs took. I get the feeling it is Allen's turn this year.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Opinions vary.

I remember some saying we'd be 6-11 before the season started. 8-9 was one or the other popular predictions.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Definitely the most well rounded team since Parcells last year into Wade’s first year. Also watching Tampa and Green Bay collapsing makes me hopeful for the Tourney because only Brady and Rodgers scare me in the NFC. If they continue on their paths (which both QBs have reversed before), Philly is the only NFC Team in the Tourney that has our number so far. Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I do feel like this is possibly our year. In my decades of watching tons of sports and following teams, I’ve come to realize that a championship year usually happens when you least expect it.

Mannix

Reaction score
I still think that we are better than Philly....however, we will NOT win a playoff game in Philly without a big/physical possession WR....our WR corp does not travel well. What are Booger and Chuckles waiting for....go get the best WR available and quit worrying about 2024 and beyond!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ve always said there is a time to rake the pieces of this franchise over the coals but we must also recognize when it’s time to take notice and applaud.

I certainly didn’t think going into this season we could be one of the better teams in NFC and have a reasonable shot at making some noise in the playoffs . This looked like more of a retooling season.

I don’t think anyone foresaw that some of the powers from recent season would take such a downfall with losing records like GB, TB and LA which has opened it up for teams like Dallas, Phil and Minn. And of these 3 current top teams in NFC we actually are a more seasoned playoff team presenting a formidable foe.

The Cowboys defense and and a re-emerging Cowboys offense with Prescotts return could boot this 2022 team to our most serious SB contender since 2014 which Jumbo so accurately stated in his outstanding thread.

Yea, I said it. SB contender. Yes, it helps that former strong contenders have fallen back this year. But something to be said for taking advantage.

We will learn more in upcoming weeks as we have a very tough road schedule coming up after the bye . But we have far exceeded my expectations sitting at 6-2.

The only dilemma we may face heading into the playoffs is being a Wild Card but if we are 5th or 6th seed could likely be playing at a division winner with a worse record .

Id like our chances much better if we only had to win a couple playoff games with at least one at home . Winning 3 on the road could be too much to ask for. But with this defense and if offense can continue this current trend we could be an extremely tough out. Strong running game and defense are a recipe for success in playoffs .

Grab your popcorn Cowboy fans . We could be in for our greatest season since the 90’s.
They certainly have a shot. A perfect storm could get them to the NFC Championship and beyond. A great time to be a Cowboy fan.

rambo2

Reaction score
I still think that we are better than Philly....however, we will NOT win a playoff game in Philly without a big/physical possession WR....our WR corp does not travel well. What are Booger and Chuckles waiting for....go get the best available and quit worrying about 2024!!!
They have a chance to win any game that they play. You are one of the least qualified to comment about wide receivers.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Ill admit, I had them 7-10, so 6-2 is a pleasant Suprise. Unfortunately, I don't see them beating the Eagles who will have number 1 seed.