Article: The Queen Broke With Tradition To Give Bond Actor Daniel Craig An Honor

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Queen broke with tradition to give Bond actor Daniel Craig an honor usually reserved for real-life diplomats or spies
by Marianne Guenot
January 1, 2022

The Queen broke with tradition by giving an award to Daniel Craig that is usually reserved for diplomats or spies, like his on-screen persona James Bond.

Craig received the Order of Saint Michael and Saint George (CMG) for "services to film and theatre" after portraying the fictional spy in five movies.

The award was part of the Queen's annual New Year Honours list announced on Friday.

https://www.insider.com/queen-daniel-craig-honour-spies-diplomats-cmg-bond-honours-list-2022-1
Read More

1u71AFX.gif

Best Bond actor since Sean Connery in my opinion. :clap:

Creeper

Reaction score
I'd list him 4th after Connery, Brosnan, and Moore. Its not that I don't like Daniel Craig as an actor. He is fine, but not as Bond. He changed the character, I think. But he is better than Timothy Dalton at least. Dalton came off like a TV actor.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'd list him 4th after Connery, Brosnan, and Moore. Its not that I don't like Daniel Craig as an actor. He is fine, but not as Bond. He changed the character, I think. But he is better than Timothy Dalton at least. Dalton came off like a TV actor.
Agree 100%.

Craig was great as an action start but he never felt like James Bond to me.

Brosnan was the best Bond imo.

Creeper

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

Craig was great as an action start but he never felt like James Bond to me.

Brosnan was the best Bond imo.

Brosnan had the most suave as Bond I thought, but he is too frail to be fighting all those villains. Roger Moore was too gawky and overdid it with the quips. Connery was the best mix. But its one of those things that could be debated forever.

terra

Reaction score
Brosnan had the most suave as Bond I thought, but he is too frail to be fighting all those villains. Roger Moore was too gawky and overdid it with the quips. Connery was the best mix. But its one of those things that could be debated forever.
Honestly as regards being believable at surviving Connery was head and shoulders above everyone else except Craig who to me was a completely different type of Bond that frankly was not Bond. He just had that little something extra that none of the others could quite match. I agree Brosnan was too physically frail to be believable. Moore's quips were OK to me; not sure about the gawky part.

John813

Reaction score
For me, Sean Connery is #1. Maybe because he was the first, and played the role perfectly.
I was first introduced to the Bond series with Brosnan so maybe there's a slight bias towards him for me being #2. Loved Golden Eye film/game so maybe even more biased there lol. I think one thing that hurts from the Brosnan era was how corny(tired so maybe poor choice of words) the films were at time with the action scenes. But I thought as an actor Brosnan did well.

I think Craig falls in at #3. And it's not a distant #3.

jnday

Reaction score
Craig brought something new to the character , kind of a unpolished version of Bond which I liked. It was appropriate for this era.