The Rakes Mock - 4/20/2019

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I based these picks on BPA, need, prospect interviews, RKG/Team Philosophy and where the prospect is rated to be selected pre-draft from ***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***:

Round 2 - 58th pick:

Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205. Arm: 31.50. Hand: 8.50.
40 Time: 4.42.
Bench: 21. Vertical: 44. Broad: 11-9.
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

Round 3 - 90th pick:

Jace Sternberger*, TE, Texas A&M

Height: 6-4. Weight: 251. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.75.
40 Time: 4.75. Three Cone: 7.19.
Bench: 17. Vertical: 31.5. Broad: 9-5.
Projected Round (2019): 3-5.

Round 4 - 128th pick:

Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

Height: 5-8. Weight: 200. Arm: 29.38. Hand: 9.13.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Bench: 18.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.

Round 4 - 136th pick:

L.J. Collier, DT - 3Tech, TCU

Height: 6-2. Weight: 283. Arm: 34.75. Hand: 9.00.
40 Time: 4.91. 10-Yd: 1.75. Three Cone: 7.71.
Bench: 25. Vertical: 30. Broad: 9-10.

Round 5 - 165th pick:

Kingsley Keke, DT - 3Tech, Texas A&M

Height: 6-2. Weight: 288. Arm: 34.50. Hand: 9.50.
40 Time: 4.95. 10-Yd: 1.77. Three Cone: 7.55.
Vertical: 31.5. Broad: 9-3.
Projected Round (2019): 5-7.

Round 7 - 241st pick:

Trysten Hill*, DT, Central Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 308. Arm: 33.38. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 5.04. 10-Yd: 1.74. Three Cone: 7.70.
Bench: 28. Vertical: 35. Broad: 9-7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAGgtM5Tzc

Please chime in.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I would love to have that draft. With that being said I don’t think your last three will make it to those rounds and for that matter maybe the first pick we have either. Love the draft though.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I would love to have that draft. With that being said I don’t think your last three will make it to those rounds and for that matter maybe the first pick we have either. Love the draft though.

Thanks and I understand about availability.

If Thornhill is not there and there's a good chance he won't be I go Nasir Adderley.

Hill won't be around that late as I am hearing a lot of teams are picking up on him. So Daniel Wise out of KU who played with Dorance Armstrong is another DT I would like picked in those 4th-7th round picks.

This is a very deep d-line, safety and TE class. There are going to be DT's falling. 1 of the top 6 safeties have to be there for us in the top 60 picks as well. Kek is a DE but would be a better 3tech and we have the luxury of looking at players like that for our system because Collins can play 1Tech. Collier is the same thing. Say "bye" to Tyrone Crawford next season, maybe this season.

Furthermore there are still very serviceable DT's and safeties out there in FA still, which also helps having good players at those positions hang around in the draft.

Like last year, it was a very good draft for LB and we needed a LB and we got a hell of one.

Next year is supposed to be the QB year especially if Trevor Lawrence also comes out.

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If we came out of this draft with those players, I would stoked!!! My only critique is with Love. I think safety and RB are the two spots where we will absolutely need the kid to contribute right away, and Love is big time medical risk.

But, I really, really doubt you are going to get Collier in the 4th and Hill in the 7th, unless they get busted for coke ten minutes before the draft. I think those are 2nd and 3rd round guys.

Carson

Reaction score

If Thornhill is not there and there's a good chance he won't be I go Nasir Adderley.

Hill won't be around that late as I am hearing a lot of teams are picking up on him. So Daniel Wise out of KU who played with Dorance Armstrong is another DT I would like picked in those 4th-7th round picks.

This is a very deep d-line, safety and TE class. There are going to be DT's falling. 1 of the top 6 safeties have to be there for us in the top 60 picks as well. Kek is a DE but would be a better 3tech and we have the luxury of looking at players like that for our system because Collins can play 1Tech. Collier is the same thing. Say "bye" to Tyrone Crawford next season, maybe this season.

Furthermore there are still very serviceable DT's and safeties out there in FA still, which also helps having good players at those positions hang around in the draft.

Like last year, it was a very good draft for LB and we needed a LB and we got a hell of one.

Next year is supposed to be the QB year especially if Trevor Lawrence also comes out.

Lawrence cannot declare until the 2021 draft.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think this mock would be a great haul, but outside of Love, not realistic slotting.

Hardline

Reaction score

Adderley will go before Thornhill.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If we came out of this draft with those players, I would stoked!!! My only critique is with Love. I think safety and RB are the two spots where we will absolutely need the kid to contribute right away, and Love is big time medical risk.

But, I really, really doubt you are going to get Collier in the 4th and Hill in the 7th, unless they get busted for coke ten minutes before the draft. I think those are 2nd and 3rd round guys.

Like i said that's where Walterfootball ranks them and they could go higher or lower. Remember once you get close to pick 100 you're in the 4th round and this year is a deep class at the positions we need most.

Also remember there are vet players still available on the FA market at Safety, RB and DT that are starting material. So I agree we need a RB behind Zeke but not a starter. Safety we need better talent but we have 3 guys that have started games in this league. DT the same thing, a rotation with players that have started, could use more dynamic talent.

Love once healthy again is a very talented back that can carry a full load but compliment Zeke with a different style of running and catching out of the backfield. 2 RB set's would be awesome with those 2 out there. Dr. Andrews did Love's surgery and it looks like he's ahead of schedule. Even if he doesn't play right away we can get someone else in the mean time but once he's ready Zeke, who is the engine this team runs through and Love would be utterly relentless behind this o-line and to pay him as a 4th rounder for years is an opportunity unsurpassed. Just hope he's still there in the 4th. There's 100 players that will probably go before him but maybe only 10 more talented across the board when he's healthy.

Last edited: