The Ramones or The Clash?

Hardline

Reaction score
1aae91aeb900b9a3731d67675d4ee862.1000x1000x1.jpg

timb2

Reaction score
The Clash has my vote. Ramones were too Jan & Dean & era groups for me in sound.

To me Ramones songs sound similar to this.

RS12

Reaction score
I saw the Clash at the Hollywood Paladium summer of 1982. There were no seats just mosh pit and slam dance the whole show. They were very good. The Clash had the scariest security by far. Somebody threw something on stage and this one enormous guy who looked like a gorilla in a leather jacket with death in his eyes, climbed down off stage to look for the perp. I've never seen a crowd as tightly packed as that, part so quickly to let him through.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The Clash has my vote. Ramones were too Jan & Dean & era groups for me in sound.

While I have nothing but an assumption I always assumed that was the sound they were trying to do.

To me, the late 50's/early 60's rock/rockabilly type music would sound like a Ramones type punk song if you just cranked up the distortion.

I love the Ramones personally. This may be why I prefer early Beatles vs later Beatles music.

Shinaoi

Reaction score

i read an interview with one or some of the Ramones where they said they thought they were writing bubble gum music. The lyrical content just happened to be every day life for them. So you’re not wrong.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
The Clash, one of my all time fav bands, they stay on my playlist. Their infusion of Ska is incredible. Wish egos didn't get in the way, would have loved more albums from them.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Great topic.

I'm still an 80's-early 90's punk at heart, it's all I listen to still. I couldn't name a recent popular song if I had to.

At 53, I grew an 8" mohawk and colored it purple. People at work thought I went even crazier, but I loved it. Strange thing is that I never liked to stand out, always preferred being part on the crowd. But man, I loved my mohawk. Reminded me of my youth and not the old guy I see in the mirror now. Kept it for about 18 months, had another neck surgery so the back needed to be shaved.

I have often thought about growing it back at 58, I still have baby blue hair color I had bought when I tired of the purple.

Well now that I've bored the hell out of you, the Ramones were always a little too "poppy" sounding for my taste. They were a great punk band, just not my style. To this day I prefer must that has a message or makes me want to punch things.