The Rams traded a 1st for Cooks

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I get it some are mad and I know watching draft night will be miserable without a 1st rounder. But before you bash Jerry . The genius rams gave up a 1st to get Cooks who in my opinion is a similar type WR. Speedy and good route runner. I’m going to hold my judgement and see how it plays out before I get pissed.

I will judge this trade with the WR’s that will be drafted in the 1st round in 2019. IMO we would’ve gone WR anyways.

I also think that this is Jerry’s way of letting Garrett know that if he fails. He’s gone.

Angus12

Reaction score
I get it some are mad and I know watching draft night will be miserable without a 1st rounder. But before you bash Jerry . The genius rams gave up a 1st to get Cooks who in my opinion is a similar type WR. Speedy and good route runner. I’m going to hold my judgement and see how it plays out before I get pissed.

I will judge this trade with the WR’s that will be drafted in the 1st round in 2019. IMO we would’ve gone WR anyways.

I also think that this is Jerry’s way of letting Garrett know that if he fails. He’s gone.
:laugh:

They also have competent coaching, a good WR corp, and a very good QB.

Just a slight difference in situations, wouldn't you say?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
:laugh:

They also have competent coaching, a good WR corp, and a very good QB.

Just a slight difference in situations, wouldn't you say?

I know I know, but, they’re some similarities with personnel now. I’m not going to say the Rams are soooo much better at the skill positions (besides QB) anymore. And yes they have a much better offensive playcaller. But personnel wise we are not that far away.

Reactions: CWR

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
yall are some massive homers if you think cooper is better than cooks. I dont give one turd about how much talent he's got.

Cooks produces every year and now he's in for another huge year in LA for a 4th straight productive season. Amari Cooper has been dropping passes and looking like he doesn't want to be on the field for A SEASON AND A HALF now.

You give me Cooks everytime, all the time.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I have no doubt Amari Cooper would be a pro bowler if the Saints traded for him. I also have no doubt that Cooper will never make another pro bowl as long as Dak Prescott has the ball at the beginning of each pass attempt. If the reports are true that Cooper has no love for Football, then once he is sitting in the film room watching the Cowboys film, he might retire. He'll look at every receiver in that room, and say why am I here? I ain't gonna get any more open then yall are.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Rams got McVay n Goff they can do Esch like that, DAL can't with any success.

Jerry has a funny was of burning the boats by trashing the next draft, but maybe the new coach will be fine w/o the pick.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
LA is playing for the Super Bowl. We're playing for a one and done.
That’s not how you judge individual personnel. I’m just showing you that there’s a lot of similar traits. I understand we’re probably an average team. But the way Jerry is thinking is if he had a guy who could’ve made 1-2 game changing plays vs the Texans / Skins we should be 5-2 right now.