The Rams traded a 1st for Cooks

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The rams can afford too their on the cusp of a superbowl

Dallas is on the cusp of doomsday
Bingo. That's the difference. We are nowhere close to a SB. Even if we happen to stumble to an NFC East title, we will be one and done. I wouldn't put money on that either.

bysbox1

Reaction score
:laugh:

They also have competent coaching, a good WR corp, and a very good QB.

Just a slight difference in situations, wouldn't you say?

And a first round pick from the rams will probably be in what, the late 20's of the draft? They are on their way to a Super Bowl.

Jerry just gave away what could be a top 15 pick to a Raiders team that already had 2 first round picks.

It was a disgusting trade.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Trading a first when you're maybe one player away makes total sense. Trading a first when your offense is abysmal, you QB is lost and your head coach hasn't improved anything in over 8 years, is absolutely ignorant. I swear this FO makes moves just to see their names in the paper. This isnt as bad as the Galloway and Williams trades, but it's still laughably bad.

The Cowboys are now the worst run franchise in the NFL.

This.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing up this tired point? A 1st rd WR next year would be under control for up to 5 years if we want. Would cost way less and is younger. It is in no way the same thing. If we were going to draft a WR in the 1st round next year, why not just wait? This season is already a lost cause. Whomever wins this pathetic division will be a quick out just like the Skins were in 2015. This is a type of move you make if you actually believe you can win it all right now. Rams did it. We are not even close to the Rams.

This was a god awful move that makes zero sense.
problem is the front office doesn't see this season as a lost cause witht he dominant defense we have...we yell they don't make moves, we yell they do...I agree that this is wayyyyy to much but they aren't sitting on their hands and possibly see hope. Again, I don't agree with the move either, but seeing it from their warped way is all

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Cooks also played with brees and brady and both NO and NE were happy to move on
part of that could be about money, but money is no issue with the jones boys!
That could explaiin why cooks looks to be better though, where as Amari had whats his name at oak.

For all we know Amari is probably thinking , oh no not the cowboys !:thumbdown:

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn't like that trade for the Rams either, but at least they're a super bowl contender and a good WR could make a difference.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Blackspider214 said:
Why do people keep bringing up this tired point? A 1st rd WR next year would be under control for up to 5 years if we want. Would cost way less and is younger. It is in no way the same thing. If we were going to draft a WR in the 1st round next year, why not just wait? This season is already a lost cause. Whomever wins this pathetic division will be a quick out just like the Skins were in 2015. This is a type of move you make if you actually believe you can win it all right now. Rams did it. We are not even close to the Rams.

That is how I see it, much better to wait and this season is in trouble already and 1 wr isnt going to change much.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Blackspider214 said:

That is how I see it, much better to wait and this season is in trouble already and 1 wr isnt going to change much.

This, and why a first when Josh could be had for less. You knew your receivers needed an upgrade earlier when the season was still young.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This, and why a first when Josh could be had for less. You knew your receivers needed an upgrade earlier when the season was still young.
exactly, this could have been done after or during PS but the jones boys like what they had, and they are just now changing their minds.
It is too little and too late for this season.

I still am hoping they make the playoffs, even if one and done, but after this last game , I am starting to think they may not make
the playoffs.
Amari may help, but how much I dont know.
plus they have so many other issues to correct, 1 player wont help all that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
3 1000 yard seasons with Brees and Brady...
Cooper has 2 straight 1000 yard years to start his career. Last year he had almost 700 yards and 7 TDs with an injured foot and a terrible raiders offense. Some forget how good Cooper really is and I can't wait to the same ones complaining eat crow in 2 weeks

Reactions: Ken

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

I’ll certainly eat my crow—I thought Cooks was better at the time, too.

But it’s only laughable in hindsite. Cooper wasn’t exactly tearing it up in Oakland. We were the only team to offer a 1 outright, meaning the rest of the league had their questions about him, too.

So yeah, Cooper has proven A LOT of people wrong, but that’s no reason to laugh at your fellow Cowboy fans.