The Rams traded a 1st for Cooks

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll certainly eat my crow—I thought Cooks was better at the time, too.

But it’s only laughable in hindsite. Cooper wasn’t exactly tearing it up in Oakland. We were the only team to offer a 1 outright, meaning the rest of the league had their questions about him, too.

So yeah, Cooper has proven A LOT of people wrong, but that’s no reason to laugh at your fellow Cowboy fans.
The Titans also offered a 1st. Just stop and eat crow. You were ridiculous then and ridiculous now. You don’t know talent. You can be a fan that is all. Just say Go Cowboys and that’s it. Don’t give opinions or mention personnel anymore.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Titans also offered a 1st. Just stop and eat crow. You were ridiculous then and ridiculous now. You don’t know talent. You can be a fan that is all. Just say Go Cowboys and that’s it. Don’t give opinions or mention personnel anymore.
Thats a bit severe

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
This didn't age well. Speaking of the Rams, most of their success is from guys they drafted. Suh wasn't a terrible signing but wasn't a great one either. And Cooks hasn't been worth a 1st round pick.

CapnB

Reaction score
This didn't age well. Speaking of the Rams, most of their success is from guys they drafted. Suh wasn't a terrible signing but wasn't a great one either. And Cooks hasn't been worth a 1st round pick.

Nope, Pats got fleeced by the Saints, then the Rams got fleeced by the Pats. Their defense hasnt been nowhere near as good as i thought they would be. Matter of fact, they have underachieved by a lot in my opinion.

Coop trade? The Joneses are looking like a genius.

jrumann59

Reaction score
You have to wonder about guys with talent like Cooks that has been traded twice in their short career. One trade is explainable but two or more there has be something about the player...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And I have this debate/argument with people who say you need to sign free agents. You are only as good as the guys you drafted.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score

But it’s only laughable in hindsite. Cooper wasn’t exactly tearing it up in Oakland. We were the only team to offer a 1 outright, meaning the rest of the league had their questions about him, too.

So yeah, Cooper has proven A LOT of people wrong, but that’s no reason to laugh at your fellow Cowboy fans.

Miserable people like this guy go trawling through old threads just so they can call people out and one up folks to make themselves feel better

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

That's what was so infuriating to talk to posters about during the lead up to the trade. You're absolutely right that Cooper wasnt tearing it up statistically in Oakland this year or last. But he was still this dominant force the entire time. Cooper has always been good.

The drops were a product of Carr, and thats why three of the top 5 drop % players were all Raiders.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You have to wonder about guys with talent like Cooks that has been traded twice in their short career. One trade is explainable but two or more there has be something about the player...
Typically true, but not in Cooks case.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You can lol all you want, but cooper had done nothing for over a year in oakland. Anyone trying to i told you so is full of crap.
No, you were just wrong here buddy.

Crow is low in fats and high in protein, fortunately.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
wrong yes but so was everyone else. except jerry jones
To varying degrees. And actually @Mobinvans was all aboard on giving a 1st and got it right.

A few of us knew that Cooper was a very good player despite his recent statlines to that point. We had watched him instead of box score scouting to determine what he'd bring to the team.

My analysis was he was an elite route runner with elite YAC ability, and while he doesnt use his size to his advantage, I'd would be willing to give up our 2nd rounder.

The more common answers were:
He's trash
I'd only give up a 6th
It doesnt matter because who's going to throw him the ball
Etc etc etc

It was infuriating to see these sentiments regurgitated time after time when they actually hadnt watched the subject player play football.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
To varying degrees. And actually @Mobinvans was all aboard on giving a 1st and got it right.

A few of us knew that Cooper was a very good player despite his recent statlines to that point. We had watched him instead of box score scouting to determine what he'd bring to the team.

My analysis was he was an elite route runner with elite YAC ability, and while he doesnt use his size to his advantage, I'd would be willing to give up our 2nd rounder.

The more common answers were:
He's trash
I'd only give up a 6th
It doesnt matter because who's going to throw him the ball
Etc etc etc

It was infuriating to see these sentiments regurgitated time after time when they actually hadnt watched the subject player play football.

I know we've had our differences on Dak but thanks for the Cooper shout at!...haha

At the end of the day all of us posters and fans just want to win :)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I know we've had our differences on Dak but thanks for the Cooper shout at!...haha

At the end of the day all of us posters and fans just want to win :)

I give credit where it's due. You stuck your neck out there where most wouldnt have and you were dead right. You deserve the recognition for that.

Others were cool with the 1st rounder, but theyre the ones that approve of every move the cowboys FO makes. Not you, you knew your stuff on the topic it showed. Good job.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
And I have this debate/argument with people who say you need to sign free agents. You are only as good as the guys you drafted.

Yeah, people will probably try to attribute the Rams' success to free agency, but it's really been coaching and drafting. They were much improved last year without Suh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, people will probably try to attribute the Rams' success to free agency, but it's really been coaching and drafting. They were much improved last year without Suh.
Yeah I actually thought that defense would have more impact. I wasn't sold on Peters though. He was apart of a underachieving unit with the Chiefs last year. Cant' deny they don't have playmakers though . Well.....in name they do anyway.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Miserable people like this guy go trawling through old threads just so they can call people out and one up folks to make themselves feel better
Don’t be sour lol. I’m right like 97% of the time here, It’s okay. Not everyone can be like me.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I have no doubt Amari Cooper would be a pro bowler if the Saints traded for him. I also have no doubt that Cooper will never make another pro bowl as long as Dak Prescott has the ball at the beginning of each pass attempt. If the reports are true that Cooper has no love for Football, then once he is sitting in the film room watching the Cowboys film, he might retire. He'll look at every receiver in that room, and say why am I here? I ain't gonna get any more open then yall are.
You still feel that way or nah