The reality is the Cowboys are 5-4

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by eromeopolk, Nov 15, 2019.

1. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

1,218 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are 5-4. At the 1st quarter of the season 3-1 (2-0 NFC East), 2nd quarter they are 2-2 (2-0 NFC East), and 3rd quarter to date 0-1 (0 record NFC East).

New England is beatable and we have a player that has been on the team since training camp. The Bills have no comeback fire power at WR or TE. The Lions are 3-5-1 with no RBs. So there is a way to come out 3-1 or at worst 2-2.

Horses to the men that can ride them. Cowboy Up.

2. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Cowboys Fan since 1949. Zone Supporter

16,613 Messages
    16,073 Likes Received
    Runwildboys likes this.
  3. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

3,693 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    I have no doubts we can win the division still. It’s beyond that because we have Jason Garrett. That’s reality and has proven to be reality for 9 years now.

DuncanIso and Praxit like this.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

47,789 Messages
    40,021 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are frauds and are going to do what they always do.

You don't need to preach to the fans or have some rallying cry.

This is all on the coaching staff and players.

I do not believe in them and only their actions can change my mind. I don't have years and years of success to go by.

What I expect is Garrett to get them looking good enough to just make the playoffs, take our divisional round exit, get extended by Jerry, and have the same excuse makers on this forum applauding Garrett.

It's just a mess right now and I think Jerry is far more concerned about his comfort with the Head Coach then he is winning.

5. DeStorm

DeStorm Active Member

57 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    The reality is this team is entertaining to watch, but will win nothing of substance until the coach moves on. The cowboys start every game a -10 with JG on the sidelines. That means they can't even make the SB, let alone win one. This is the Dallas reality.

6. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

11,151 Messages
    9,538 Likes Received
    We may stumble into the playoffs, but it won't mean that our problems don't exist.

A losing record against winning teams probably means we suck in the playoffs.

7. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

39,770 Messages
    39,228 Likes Received
    7-0 run, let's do it.

8. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

2,980 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    I'm not sure we have the privilege of undermining these teams at 5-4 (including a loss to the Adam Gase Ghosts...sorry, I meant the NY Jets). With Garrett at the helm and an immature, inconsistent team, I fail to see where you get your confidence.

9. eromeopolk

1,218 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received
    I agree with the Garrett comments and you are what you are. However if we are what we are, we beat all teams in the NFC East, and all teams not above .500 less 1 (Jets).

So the Cowboys finish 10-6 and make the playoffs in a "you are what you are" analysis.

Continuing that analysis, unless they play and 8-8 team, they will lose in the first round as usual.

10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,674 Messages
    16,184 Likes Received
    unfortunately Garrett apologists will take a win against a mediocre team like the Lions as evidence that all is good and we roll in

11. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

6,814 Messages
    4,834 Likes Received
    they are not winning the division

12. eromeopolk

1,218 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received
    Look at your signature photos...that's were my confidence comes from Dak who never had a losing season in his entire football career (pee wee to pros) and Cooper who played at Alabama were winning Championships is the only good season.

Dak has overcome Jason Garrett so far.

13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,644 Messages
    7,936 Likes Received
    Why? This is such a scared attitude. Dallas is a team that has consistently shot itself in the foot, more than any other season. That type of thing is so easy to overcome. They can absolutely win the next 4.

It's not like Philly doesn't have the same question marks, and they have less talent too.

14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

76,793 Messages
    45,406 Likes Received
  15. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,883 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    They should win the division by at least two games due to their talent and skill. Key word there is "should".

TexasBoys2288 likes this.
  16. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

17,583 Messages
    14,327 Likes Received
    So, by what you just said, you believe the Cowboys will get a wild card round win at home in the playoffs. That's saying more for them than I'm willing to.

17. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

2,156 Messages
    2,165 Likes Received
    reality is that we are 2-4 in our last 6 games.

Jarv, Bullflop, morat1959 and 2 others like this.
  18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

14,891 Messages
    12,130 Likes Received
    I don't think he was suggesting we can take those teams lightly, just that they are teams we can beat.

19. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

6,814 Messages
    4,834 Likes Received
    not scared. perception is reality. this year they seem off. something is not right. I agree, Philly does have question marks but they seem to have an easier schedule. Dallas can absolutely win the next 4....but they could also lose the next 4. That right there is why my faith has faded for this year.

20. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

11,151 Messages
    9,538 Likes Received
    If by "overcome" you mean early exits from the playoffs, then yeah.

And Dak has to overcome Marinelli in the playoffs too. He's been the bigger problem in Dak's playoff losses.