News: The reason Cowboys are favorite to win East

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dalton playing bad was very very predictable.
no, it's just a narrative by people who say any player who isn't elite sucks. no amount of word play can change that he actually played quite well under the circumstances just like he has been a solid starter his entire career. the facts speak for themselves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no, it's just a narrative by people who say any player who isn't elite sucks. no amount of word play can change that he actually played quite well under the circumstances just like he has been a solid starter his entire career. the facts speak for themselves.

"under the circumstances". LOL changing the goal posts to prove a point eh?

Dalton didnt play well, that is a fact. He was terrible actually save for one very good game.

Now "under the circumstances" one could say that Dak played well. But you dont hear much about that very often do we? The offense under Dak despite the poor state of the Oline AND a ineffective rushing attack still lead the best statistical offense in NFL history and averaged 32 points a game when he was in there.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Dalton didnt play well, that is a fact. He was terrible actually save for one very good game.

Now "under the circumstances" one could say that Dak played well. But you dont hear much about that very often do we? The offense under Dak despite the poor state of the Oline AND a ineffective rushing attack still lead the best statistical offense in NFL history and averaged 32 points a game when he was in there.

I've stated my points clearly and stand behind them. It's obvious you can't be fair and rational on the subject.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've stated my points clearly and stand behind them. It's obvious you can't be fair and rational on the subject.

No, you changed your stance from "Dalton played well" to "Dalton played well under the circumstances". Two completely different things.

If you would like, please point out the games you feel he played well in. We can start there.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No, you changed your stance from "Dalton played well" to "Dalton played well under the circumstances". Two completely different things.

If you would like, please point out the games you feel he played well in. We can start there.

I didn't change any stance. I brought up that he had a concussion & Covid as "additional circumstances". You have made your feelings about how he performed clear so not going to try to change your mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't change any stance. I brought up that he had a concussion & Covid as "additional circumstances". You have made your feelings about how he performed clear so not going to try to change your mind.
Dalton isnt a legitimate starting QB. Thats why he didnt get a job last year and just lost one this year. Dalton is NOT a good QB by any stretch. He was middle of the road even when he was in his prime. Dalton played bad before he had Covid or a concussion. First two games were terrible. He also played bad save for one good game after.

If you like Dalton, be my guest. Some people just have higher standards I guess.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Some people just have higher standards I guess.

Yes, we agree on that.
I am man enough to give a player (even a hated rival) their due. Certainly fair minded enough to give a player that wore the star the proper respect for his performance.
But stats can only be used to prop up your arguments when they suit you. You ignore them and anything else if they don't. So, go right on believing a guy who has started in the league for most of a decade and was just signed to start again isn't a legit starting QB. Middle of the road is a starting NFL QB, just so you know. It's the bottom third of the league that can be questioned as legit starters.

DRella

Reaction score
Lets put it this way. The Cowboys played the entire season pretty much without their starting QB, LT, RT and C on offence.

What would other teams in the division produce with those 4 players missing in their lineups?

Dallas on offence alone with everyone present would outscore everyone in every game within the division. That would have won the East. Defense aside.

Factor in everyone should be healthy this coming season, and their defense takes a jump to middle of the pack in the NFL. This team should easily win the division, and battle for top seed in the NFC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, we agree on that.
I am man enough to give a player (even a hated rival) their due. Certainly fair minded enough to give a player that wore the star the proper respect for his performance.
But stats can only be used to prop up your arguments when they suit you. You ignore them and anything else if they don't. So, go right on believing a guy who has started in the league for most of a decade and was just signed to start again isn't a legit starting QB. Middle of the road is a starting NFL QB, just so you know. It's the bottom third of the league that can be questioned as legit starters.
The league decided for us. It’s obvious to anyone but you.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak is the superior QB and has always been so in the NFCE.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes they did. Yet you still ignore the facts.

he signed as a backup last year. Couldn’t get a starting gig. Chicago signed him this year then traded up for fields. NFL and facts say he sucks. Or you could have just watched him last year or the year before.

poor guy, do you miss your hero?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lets put it this way. The Cowboys played the entire season pretty much without their starting QB, LT, RT and C on offence.

What would other teams in the division produce with those 4 players missing in their lineups?

Dallas on offence alone with everyone present would outscore everyone in every game within the division. That would have won the East. Defense aside.

Factor in everyone should be healthy this coming season, and their defense takes a jump to middle of the pack in the NFL. This team should easily win the division, and battle for top seed in the NFC.
The fact we were still in the divisional race until the final weekend without all of these offensive weapons is evidence why we are still overwhelming favorites this year assuming most are healthy including Dak.

It speaks not only how much more talented our roster is than the rest of the division but it also on how weak the division is.

ESisback

Reaction score
Based on 2020, we were first on offense and fourth on defense in the NFCE. IF we stay healthy and a couple of young players contribute, our offense SHOULD be first by a wider margin, and our defense should be third or maybe even second in the division.

I think the defense will be much better. We picked up 8 in the draft and five in FA. We’ve strengthened the middle and added depth, and in Quinn’s system, I think fans will feel more confidence when opponents are in third and long.

jnday

Reaction score
Are you joking? Dak ran the NFL's more prolific offense when he was in there. 37 points a game and outpaced the "greatest show on turf" Rams offense. Statistically anyway.
And how many wins did that produce? Without the Falcon’s special team’s screwup, it would have been even more embarrassing. Dalton led the team to a few meaningless wins while playing behind an oline full of Wal-Mart people greeters .

jnday

Reaction score

Useless stats really impresses you. One of the most embarrassing plays in Cowboy’s history came when Dalton took a cheap shot and none of his teammates came to defend him or even help him up. It proved that Dalton was playing with a bunch of soft, gutless wonders that didn’t deserve to wear a star on their helmets. It was worse than being an embarrassment.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It’s been pretty much confirmed that the NFC East is a dumpster fire. When a team wins the division with a 7-9 record as Washington did in 2020, that’s about as weak as it comes. The hope is that the 2021 season will be a little more competitive; the fact that the Dallas Cowboys were competitive until the final weeks after playing four different quarterbacks is a clear signal that the East is no longer a Beast. The Least is more accurate.

Still, someone has to win it, and with that win comes a playoff berth. The early favorites for the 2021 NFC East title are the Cowboys. That certainly will bring much skepticism and scoffing from different parts of the fanbase, and the media. But the fact remains that the betting houses favor the Cowboys.

Again, someone has to win it. And the Cowboys should be the favorites for one simple reason. Dak Prescott. The Cowboys clearly have the best quarterback in the division and it’s really not that close.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...he-favorites-in-the-nfc-east?ref=SiteHype.com

Dumpster fire was last year.

Media idiots talinkg what has been.

Lets see what 2021 brings. WFT is a good team. So could be the Giants.

We are crap. And so is Philly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And how many wins did that produce? Without the Falcon’s special team’s screwup, it would have been even more embarrassing. Dalton led the team to a few meaningless wins while playing behind an oline full of Wal-Mart people greeters .

Cowboys were 2-3 in 5 games with dak at qb in 2020. 13-3 in 2016, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8. All 3 loses last year were against playoff teams. Dalton played like garbage. Team won a few garbage wins against 3rd string qb’s on bad teams.

Anything else you want to know?

Last edited: