The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
He would have to agree with that because his agent will not allow him to sign any tag that allows the Cowboys to dictate where he goes.

The trickiest part to this entire situation is it in unknown what any other team, in need of a QB, would agree to with Prescott. Is there any team willing to pay him what his agent wants?

No one knows Prescott's value on the open market.
Good point, I agree. Part of me would like him to be placed on the non exclusive franchise tag and see what teams will pay him and how much? At worst we get 2 first rounders for him. Next year if he leaves we get nothing. And if he wants 40-41.5 million for on a 3 year deal then most likely we are back with this problem in 3 years.

as each day goes by I'm starting to sour on Dak. I'm also thinking that we may be paying a lot more than what other teams might pay. I don't see a problem letting him explore contract negotiations with another team and work out a trade. I'd like for him and his agent to see what his value is outside of Dallas. I think at this point I can live without him. Last year we had no Dak, no offensive line, no defense and poor special teams and we finished 6-10. 2019 we were healthier on the offensive line, better on defense and had Dak for a whole season and finished 8-8.

How is he worth 40-42 million a year? I need someone to explain that to me. How a relatively healthy roster in 2019 and a full season of Dak resulted in only 2 more wins than a 2020 campaign of 3rd stringers on offensive line, the defense tackling air and avoiding the ball at all costs and special teams that sucked. O yeah and also a coach that goes for it on 4-10 from his own 20 while being down by 4 points in the 3rd quarter. So a third string offensive line, horrible coaching and the worst defense in franchise history lost 2 more games than a Dak led team that was relatively healthy offensive line, better defense, shockingly better coaching (never thought I'd say that about Garrett) and roughly the same special teams. @CouchCoach I'm not arguing with you, I'm just throwing this out to the board in general.

I need help understanding this. Cuz I think Andy Dalton would have gotten us to 8-8 without the injuries to the offensive line and horrible defense and bad coaching that 2020 had. If only Dak got injured and no one else I firmly believe that we finish 8-8 this year and go to the playoffs. If Martin, Collins, Tyron play then we make the playoffs with Dalton in 2020.

How is Dak worth 40-42 million. Let him shop his skills and lets rebuild or we will suck for 3 more years while our QB goes to the probowl and we miss the playoffs. Can't wait. I'm so excited to suck again. 2019 was amazing, I can't wait for 3 more years of 2019.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If the team dump all those players to rebuild, then why would they keep Andy. No way Andy could win without those players. And no way they do that to tank to get a top pick. That is absurd.
I don't even know what you are trying to say to my response, of my other post. It makes no sense to me.
I was saying build the defense, and the offense as is (if OL says healthy), you can win with Andy. And we seen them win with Andy with a very injured team. Apparently you just do not like Andy.
then great, why even go with Andy, because it will only gaurantee us 4 or 5 wins...if we don't sign dak, we should just dump and restart......pile up on draft picks, and hope it works out...or we may go through the campo, Gaily years again and luck into a Parcells type coach again.

you can not win with Andy...with Dak, same OL, worse defense, we were at least competitive in games. with a score with three minutes to go...all we have to do is fix the defense..

with Andy, we got blown out against average team with same team....AZ, WFT, and teams like Ravens,

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is a QB who plays well in the regular season and shrivels like Romo did in the post season
Dak is 1-2 in the post season. lost to GB because defense couldn't hold and gave up 3 long pass plays after he tied the game.

Lost to the Rams because defense gave up 200 yards rushing...please give me a list of teams that gave up 200 yards rushing and won a game...I will be waiting.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can you show me a quote or comment from Jerry or Stephen on Dak’s second surgery? I haven’t seen one to date. No reporters even bothered to ask the obvious? Very odd, like the dog not barking to Holmes. The surgery happened in the beginning of Dec and first comment on it was from ‘sources’ in early Feb, two months later. Why didn’t Dak and Jerry announce it in Dec?

You are running blindly with assumptions. I am stopping and asking questions before I make big decisions.

It is March, nearly 5 months later and no videos of Dak rehabbing? I guess he is just camera shy.
that's the point son...Jerry and Stephen don't need to tell me or you anything...you need to read the post again.... I said, DO YOU THINK THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SITUATION than a forum poster like you and me....

you are so naive I don't know where to begin....

you are hoping, that his injury is worst than it is...its a wishful thinking on your part.

dude, you are unbelievable..just too funny...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hold on, so you don't agree that if he puts the team on his back, and barely needs talent, that he'd be signed right now?
which QB puts the team on their back without having talent around them....give me the list of those with barely talent around them that have succeeded and won something signficant...I will be waiting

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Then same criteria for Aikman & Romo. They too weren't elite. They were average. Were not accurate. Needed talent around them.
Wait , what ? Aikman wasnt accurate ? At one time he was the NFL’s most accurate passer .. now yes he did have great team around him but so did other QBs over the years .. you lost me there

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what would you call it? This has gone way beyond just business at this point. The agent should be charged for attempted extortion. Of course its tongue and cheek..but you get the point.
its negotiations...what I want, what you want to pay, what terms I want, what terms you want....it goes back and fort.....in any negotiation there are points that I maybe willing to give up, points that I won't....and so it goes...last year, based on the things we heard about the contract, the dollars were not an issue, it was about market value, but the length of the contract was an issue....this year, its probably about Watson type of contract......

why is it extortion? extortion is when I hold you up and not allow you to move forward and threaten you with something that has dire consequences for you...this is not life and death. Dallas can let him walk. he can go sign somewhere else and Dallas can go somewhere else....the team has a upper hand, so that they franchise him and he can't negotiate with anybody else...

its not beyond anything...that's why those provisions are in the CBA, knowing that sometimes negotiations don't happen and a team can franchise a player to hold on to them...the players association said, if you do that, then they have to get paid average of top 5 money....they all agreed, so both sides are playing by the rules.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Good luck finding a decent QB unless you draft one. Which will take another 1-4 years to fully develop. Trade for and give up some picks but who is really out there besides Cam? Either way you slice any young or established QB on Dak level or higher will be asking for 38M or better. Andy Dalton isn't the answer and we all know that. Right now this team is wasting time and money. Be a grown up and move on from this situation.
It’s not really like that though. Dak came into a loaded offense and went 13-3 and has been living off of that. Why cannot we do the same with another QB and spending that money towards the defense? I am a Dak fan btw although I see both sides...it’s not really an anomaly as a lot of the young QBs typically have their best seasons in year 1/2 and fall off with game tape and tendencies figured out ala Wentz/Goff

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. His asking price must be too high again

2. Mike M must not have full faith in him, as does Stephen

Both go hand in hand.

If they thought he was the elite QB, some here believe, he would get whatever. Mike would let it be known, "bro, we need this dude by any means"

I'm not a Dak fan, but ready for this to be over.

Trade him or just out right let him walk.

His asking price is absolutely the problem. The cap went from a projected 210M in 2021 to 180M.........yet Dak still demands a contract that completely ignores the reality of the cap...... and his own lack of success.

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
its negotiations...what I want, what you want to pay, what terms I want, what terms you want....it goes back and fort.....in any negotiation there are points that I maybe willing to give up, points that I won't....and so it goes...last year, based on the things we heard about the contract, the dollars were not an issue, it was about market value, but the length of the contract was an issue....this year, its probably about Watson type of contract......

why is it extortion? extortion is when I hold you up and not allow you to move forward and threaten you with something that has dire consequences for you...this is not life and death. Dallas can let him walk. he can go sign somewhere else and Dallas can go somewhere else....the team has a upper hand, so that they franchise him and he can't negotiate with anybody else...

its not beyond anything...that's why those provisions are in the CBA, knowing that sometimes negotiations don't happen and a team can franchise a player to hold on to them...the players association said, if you do that, then they have to get paid average of top 5 money....they all agreed, so both sides are playing by the rules.
we let him walk, that is sinful and bad business. NO SPIN.

LittleD

Reaction score
Good luck finding a decent QB unless you draft one. Which will take another 1-4 years to fully develop. Trade for and give up some picks but who is really out there besides Cam? Either way you slice any young or established QB on Dak level or higher will be asking for 38M or better. Andy Dalton isn't the answer and we all know that. Right now this team is wasting time and money. Be a grown up and move on from this situation.

That's a huge pile of bologna. Dak was had in the 4th round and no other team was breaking down his door to draft him. Dak was given a great opportunity to play his 1st year when Romo got hurt. Brady, the GOAT was had way down the QB stack. If we find one that is coachable and can play the position, it may only take two years. Dak will ruin this franchise is Jerry does the deal. We need to offload bloated contracts, retool and restock for the future.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Nothing like still fixating on a pay day years down the road after you watched your ankle snap in half.

Turning down market price for a life changing amount of money when you aren't all that great and have yet to win a thing is just pure greed.

Not to mention you can't pass a physical.

It really may be time to think about moving on....if you're the Dallas FO that is.
Yeah what in the world is he thinking.

Someone in his corner needs to pull him to the side and let him know he’s not Patrick Mahomes. Secure the generational wealth and if you’re as good as you say you are you’ll get two more big contracts after that like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc

visionary

Reaction score
Dak is 1-2 in the post season. lost to GB because defense couldn't hold and gave up 3 long pass plays after he tied the game.

Lost to the Rams because defense gave up 200 yards rushing...please give me a list of teams that gave up 200 yards rushing and won a game...I will be waiting.

Whine, whine , whine

excuse, excuse, excuse

This is a results business
Your homie wants cash, then he needs to put up

if he can’t, and no, he can’t

then his sniffers should me quiet

lostar2009

Reaction score
It’s not really like that though. Dak came into a loaded offense and went 13-3 and has been living off of that. Why cannot we do the same with another QB and spending that money towards the defense? I am a Dak fan btw although I see both sides...it’s not really an anomaly as a lot of the young QBs typically have their best seasons in year 1/2 and fall off with game tape and tendencies figured out ala Wentz/Goff

It's easy. We hit the lottery with Dak. Right now Dak is the only qb from his draft class that is still with his team. Check the qb landscape, how many qbs out there really doing it with their teams? There's only a handful of and getting the job done. But we gotta understand Dak is still a very young QB.

lostar2009

Reaction score
That's a huge pile of bologna. Dak was had in the 4th round and no other team was breaking down his door to draft him. Dak was given a great opportunity to play his 1st year when Romo got hurt. Brady, the GOAT was had way down the QB stack. If we find one that is coachable and can play the position, it may only take two years. Dak will ruin this franchise is Jerry does the deal. We need to offload bloated contracts, retool and restock for the future.

Well if that's the case where is he? Why can't this team find one? Dak did have a great year when he went 13-3 but after that the team suffer some injuries and Dak was require to do more.

cowboyec

Reaction score
If the reports are fact, it is now a 3 year deal. They wanted a 5 year deal last year and his agent is counting the tag year as year 1 of a 4 year deal, which is all he wants. From the get go, Todd France has been pointing to 2024 as a FA year for Prescott. He doesn't seem to want to come off that.

If that's the case, they're better off tagging him and making other plans past 2022.
i hadn't heard this before.
if that report is true and thats the kinda hard ball they're playin'....im draftin' a QB and movin' on.
hope its not true.
i'd like to see him finish it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.