The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
So I was reading some of my posts from today and yesterday. If I came across as snarky, aggressive or angry I did not mean to. I'm specifically talking to @Diehardblues and @CowboysFaninHouston, if you picked up agitation or anger directed at you from me I meant no disrespect. Any emotion that comes out in my posts is due to passion for the Cowboys and frustration with how the organization built this roster and mismanaged players.

Lol, it's almost emotional self mutilation being a fan of this team these days.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Either way. They need to draft a QB.
Before Dak, Quincy Carter was the last starting quarterback Dallas drafted. They already drafted the golden goose in 2016, they just messed up by not signing him a few years ago.

Should Dak move on in 2022, they'll pick up one of these old has-beens before they ever draft a starting quarterback again. It's Jerry's nature.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
1. His asking price must be too high again

2. Mike M must not have full faith in him, as does Stephen

Both go hand in hand.

If they thought he was the elite QB, some here believe, he would get whatever. Mike would let it be known, "bro, we need this dude by any means"

I'm not a Dak fan, but ready for this to be over.

Trade him or just out right let him walk.

Big Mike has zero say in this....

he isn’t the GM.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This team need to sign Dak move on from Andy Dalton, keep GG as the back up and draft another QB in the mid rounds. If Dak want 3 years that's fine. Hell they could've gotten him wayyy cheaper 3 years ago.

what if Dak can’t play in July?

you need Dalton.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Before Dak, Quincy Carter was the last starting quarterback Dallas drafted. They already drafted the golden goose in 2016, they just messed up by not signing him a few years ago.

Should Dak move on in 2022, they'll pick up one of these old has-beens before they ever draft a starting quarterback again. It's Jerry's nature.
Do you think the Vikings fans view Cousins as their golden goose? I said back in 2017 Dak was just good enough to prevent Dallas from drafting a true pedigree QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
Do you think the Vikings fans view Cousins as their golden goose? I said back in 2017 Dak was just good enough to prevent Dallas from drafting a true pedigree QB.
I stated back after the 2016 season that we should have traded Prescott back then as his trade value would not be higher. We all have our opinions and we are all right and wrong from time to time but imagine what we could have got for him after his rookie season compared with now? And we wouldn't be faced with this contract issue. Heck, we may have even drafted Mahomes in the 2017 draft!

Frozen700

Reaction score
Very insightful.......not.

At least post something....... anything.

Hey, how's it going bro?

Any thoughts behind why Dak isn't signed yet? Or you just think everything is rainbows and unicorns around here?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Big Mike has zero say in this....

he isn’t the GM.

Nah, I believe if he went to Jerry and Stephen and pleaded with them, they would have a deal by now.

Trust me, they run things by him. At least ask his opinion

9darter

Reaction score
The "Bookends" (Dak+Zeke) are looking to milk the star for their benefit and the rest is just gravy.
Jerry if you're listening cut this cancer out of the franchise ASAP!

Hot Boyz too.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, “ we” is referred to the Cowboys. Not fans.

And an offer regardless if we think is a good offer means nothing unless we get a signature on it. I’m not sure why some buy into this , “ we made a good offer “ . If you don’t get the deal it wasn’t good enough.

And as a result it’s either going to cost more limiting our ability in Cap or we’re going to lose our Franchise Qb. Neither of which are good for Cowboys Football.
it far exceeded his pay grade that i know..EF the market talk..dudes greedy the entourage in his ear is bad for him and ive moved to the eide of keep him let him go Dont care..over all this bs..

blueblood70

Reaction score

what the record? hes the leader isnt he? yards and production are nice but list all his fumbles add him to his INts and then W-L and playoff appearances he hasn't had now 3-5 years??

I realize its team game but why pay QB that kind of dough if thats going to be our Record regardless of whos to blame for the losses..seems to me we can achieve average to below 500 records with different much cheaper qbs until we fix the rest of the team..If dak cant help with team friendly deal and give the FO a better flexibility, i say use him and lose him..its time we are at crossroads and well we are losing with him so why not lose with a cheap qb maybe rookie learning while we push the effort to rebuild the defense and establish a new culture ..??

I rather do it with Dak here but not what he and his agent are holding out for..we would just be the Texans with 38mil dollar qb and a 4-12 record..SMH reality check

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it far exceeded his pay grade that i know..EF the market talk..dudes greedy the entourage in his ear is bad for him and ive moved to the eide of keep him let him go Dont care..over all this bs..
Why is the player greedier than the owner?

It sounds like we have fans who haven’t been in a position to negotiate their salary. They just take whatever is offered.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what the record? hes the leader isnt he? yards and production are nice but list all his fumbles add him to his INts and then W-L and playoff appearances he hasn't had now 3-5 years??

I realize its team game but why pay QB that kind of dough if thats going to be our Record regardless of whos to blame for the losses..seems to me we can achieve average to below 500 records with different much cheaper qbs until we fix the rest of the team..If dak cant help with team friendly deal and give the FO a better flexibility, i say use him and lose him..its time we are at crossroads and well we are losing with him so why not lose with a cheap qb maybe rookie learning while we push the effort to rebuild the defense and establish a new culture ..??

I rather do it with Dak here but not what he and his agent are holding out for..we would just be the Texans with 38mil dollar qb and a 4-12 record..SMH reality check
Those are decisions our ownership must make. And if they can’t get a deal done we move on. But they will have to deal with the effects.

Fans must always remember this is a business first. It’s sports entertainment at the highest level . The NFL is a Show broadcast on national TV just like other programming but happens to play football.

Obviously while fans love the game they hate the business.

LittleD

Reaction score
why is it that when players want money, they are called greedy, but when owners don't want to pay, fans cheer on....the money is the money.......Dak is as greedy as Jerry Jones.

Brady worked with NE for several years so that his team could sign players to help him get to 6 SB's. Brady is about winning while Dak is just about his Quan. Good kid but he's just not a top 10 QB. Time to move on and rebuild the team.

LittleD

Reaction score

If you build a championship quality defense, you can win a SB with one of those old has-beens. We certainly haven't been winning with a fair to good offense and one of those young QB's.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you build a championship quality defense, you can win a SB with one of those old has-beens.

Seems so simple, yet the Cowboys haven't had a defense who scared anyone since the mid-90s. But with our new GM and personnel director...oh, wait.

It's still the same two guys, living the dream.

"Win a SB"...have you been watching this team the last 20+ years? I've got a better shot at a date with Elizabeth Hurley.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why is the player greedier than the owner?

It sounds like we have fans who haven’t been in a position to negotiate their salary. They just take whatever is offered.
um first off WE isnt you or us you have no idea what you are talking about its just another fan narrative.. what was offered LOL you act like they offered him 25 and walked away the dude at thee time was offered top 5 deal with a top 10 results qb..that not just any number, stop being a drama queen and exaggerating everything..dude was offered more then fair money it was top money and no reason to not take it..

BTW owners his Boss employees dont set prices , iof owners ie tjhe boss decides you are not performing to the demanded salary well here we are..Daks not his own boss the NFL and the Jonses have set the cap and set structured pay scales so players cant always get the MAX, its not possible

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brady worked with NE for several years so that his team could sign players to help him get to 6 SB's. Brady is about winning while Dak is just about his Quan. Good kid but he's just not a top 10 QB. Time to move on and rebuild the team.
What other QB’s beside Brady ?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
um first off WE isnt you or us you have no idea what you are talking about its just another fan narrative.. what was offered LOL you act like they offered him 25 and walked away the dude at thee time was offered top 5 deal with a top 10 results qb..that not just any number, stop being a drama queen and exaggerating everything..dude was offered more then fair money it was top money and no reason to not take it..

BTW owners his Boss employees dont set prices , iof owners ie tjhe boss decides you are not performing to the demanded salary well here we are..Daks not his own boss the NFL and the Jonses have set the cap and set structured pay scales so players cant always get the MAX, its not possible

Dak got paid $31 million last year and can get another $37 million this year before becoming a free agent. Or, he could become a free agent this year.

Why on earth would he take $25 million? Because YOU think he should do it? :muttley:

There's no reason for him to take less than what the CBA - which Jerry helped to negotiate - affords him. How good you, I, or anyone else here thinks he is doesn't matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s not up to us the fans to decide what’s fair money. That’s to be determined by those negotiating.

The players should always be looking out for their own self interest. And optimize their value.

Status
Not open for further replies.