The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's true, Payton could have drafted him and Peyton could have offered more for him. But both guys, reportedly, offered more money to Romo to leave Dallas. They both definitely would have claimed him had be been waived, which is why I don't believe he was ever waived by the Cowboys, early on. That's just my opinion though, I can't recall 100%
Correct . He was never waived. Came close that time. Quincy saved him. I think he was close another time when we brought in Drew Henson but I don’t recall the details. Romo was moved down to 3rd string but we decided to keep 3 QB’s on active roster.

J-man

Reaction score
Seriously all this talk about Dak not being an elite QB is a joke. Of course he's not, so what? There are 2, maybe 3 elite qb's in the NFL right now. Screw him and draft an elite qb, yeah that's a great idea. Said every team in history of the NFL.
Yes it's every teams deepest desire to land an elite QB in the draft, but almost always, that's just not the case.

The reality is when you find a guy who is good enough to make plays, win games, who isn't an idiot off the field, whom the team respects as a leader...you keep him. And in today's cap era, you pay him what the market says he should get. End of discussion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman not accurate is the most absurd take I've ever heard here, congrats on that distinction.
Aikman wasn't particularly accurate on deep passes relative to other QB's, but on short to intermediate passes, which are far and away the majority of passes thrown, he was deadly accurate.

But I think the point the guy you responded to was making was that all QB's have to have quality players around them. Aikman surly had that.

As for Dak, while, he's not "elite" like Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers, for example, he is a high quality QB. The thing some don't seem to understand is those "elite" guys don't grow on trees, and aren't available to pick up at the local Walmart. Hell, of those 3 guys one was drafted 21 years ago, and one was drafted 16 years ago. That tells you how rare those guys are. Most teams have to get the next level down and build around that.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1. His asking price must be too high again

2. Mike M must not have full faith in him, as does Stephen

Both go hand in hand.

If they thought he was the elite QB, some here believe, he would get whatever.

You made similar posts dozens of times over the last two years, with each passing day feeling more and more like you actually knew something.

Some of us said Dak wasn't going anywhere whether we like it or not. Why? Because we paid attention to Jerry for years. It's not rocket science.

No one should be surprised by Dak's contract. "We like our guys" isn't just a slogan. It's their management philosophy, for better or worse.

Frozen700

Reaction score
You made similar posts dozens of times over the last two years, with each passing day feeling more and more like you actually knew something.

Some of us said Dak wasn't going anywhere whether we like it or not. Why? Because we paid attention to Jerry for years. It's not rocket science.

No one should be surprised by Dak's contract. "We like our guys" isn't just a slogan. It's their management philosophy, for better or worse.

Well if you're happy, (not saying you in particular) then I hope whoever stays happy when we can only sign bums, and Dak is looking average to above average and can't carry this team with his huge contract.

I will be in every panic thread, reminding you all that you were just oh so happy a moment ago.

Don't switch up and blame Jerry when the wheels fall off and Dak proves to be average. You all were right there with him, stay in his corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.