The reason why Malik Davis got zero carries when Pollard went down

Jipper

Reaction score

Insane if true. Shocked he didn’t get cut after that.

So he was asking for an opportunity when it was clear zeke was done and that's a perceived bad thing? Maybe some tact and coaching on self awareness and how to articulate his view would have been warranted but he should have gotten a chance...I don't get it

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the above. This can't be the whole story. I know he is a "nobody" and not a second round pick like Bossman or Trysten Hill but he has a point that he wants to be the guy they go to in an emergency like that. If they don't trust him, don't believe he is a hard worker or don't see results when he is in the game then he should have already been cut.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So he was asking for an opportunity when it was clear zeke was done and that's a perceived bad thing? Maybe some tact and coaching on self awareness and how to articulate his view would have been warranted but he should have gotten a chance...I don't get it
I think the issue was him saying why should he work hard if he’s not going to get playing time and that’s the complete wrong way to go about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the above. This can't be the whole story. I know he is a "nobody" and not a second round pick like Bossman or Trysten Hill but he has a point that he wants to be the guy they go to in an emergency like that. If they don't trust him, don't believe he is a hard worker or don't see results when he is in the game then he should have already been cut.
But he was the guy wasn’t he? Had Zeke or Pollard gotten hurt wasn’t he next in line?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But I do agree this can’t be the whole story media would’ve hopped on this.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
not sure what there is to wonder then about if true. The guy stops working hard because the staff doesnt use him enough? yeah, that would be the minimum thing I would do. We will see what his atitude is this year.... he certainly doesn't have a whole lot of pull so I would suggest to him to work hard and shut up.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I got into a big dust up with my DB Coach in college one week about not playing me because of "seniority". Long story short an injury happened I finally got to play put up 13 tackles (11 solo) from the slot, and started every game the rest of my eligibility.

Point is, I think Malik thought he was better than Zeke, and realized it didn't matter if he was because Zeke was even starting over Pollard. My issue is the coaches not being professional enough to play the youngster when his opportunity came due to them being upset with his attitude. Malik was right he should've played more, and not everyone is as calm as Pollard to wait quitely when they should be playing.

I wasn't a fan of Skip Peete either.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I would be very reluctant to just act like this is reality when the only person saying it is Broaddus.

I think some version of this happened but I have no doubt that some parts are being left out. Broaddus will lean things in the way he wants them to go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Insane if true. Shocked he didn’t get cut after that.

So many fans have felt and said there is much football politics going on within the Dallas Cowboys, and it starts at the top. This is proof of that. Jerry wanted to justify playing his $16 million dollar RB, even if he's not the best choice on the field.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I would be very reluctant to just act like this is reality when the only person saying it is Broaddus.

I think some version of this happened but I have no doubt that some parts are being left out. Broaddus will lean things in the way he wants them to go.
Who could've possibly told this to Broadus? Obviously no defensive coaches. Moore? I doubt anybody talks to that dude like that

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think the issue was him saying why should he work hard if he’s not going to get playing time and that’s the complete wrong way to go about it.
But did he demonstrate that in practice, etc. or was it just an emotional comment he never followed through with? This reminds me of that incident with Pollard where he had a big game and Skip Peete is later saying that Pollard couldn't do more than 15 touches or something like that. There was audio of Pollard saying his legs were shot or something after a long run but that could also have been an emotional statement. If we needed Pollard more, we'd have gotten him out there unless he was hurt. Off topic, it was a dumb statement for the RB coach to be putting in the press so consider the sources.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But Malik hasn't been cut, so what does that mean? It means Malik is good enough to keep on the team, but the front office wanted to make sure Zeke got all the carries in order to justify his $16 million dollar salary, even if it cost the team. It was 'sink or swim' with Zeke come playoffs time, and sadly, Zeke sunk, thus costing the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yea, I agree something is likely missing, otherwise, he is nowhere near good enough to still be on the team with a bad attitude. The fact he's still on the team and they pretty much took pass on adding another feature back via draft and/or free agency says a lot.

Havic

Reaction score
It’s hard for that person to gain trust if you refuse to ever open the door

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know the other side of the story. But I know I don't completely trust Broaddus at all.

I wish Davis would chime in on this but I doubt we ever hear anything.

Davis > Zeke in that SF game after Pollard went down. At least give him a chance.