The root of the problem

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah well I’m ready to see a new OC or at least see what Big Mac calling plays looks like.
Yeah on Big Mike call plays too.

I think he is a fraud.

I really do.

He needed money and Jerrah asked what it would take..

then wrote the check.

There was not an interview process for candidates..

Nada.

So the whole thing just sounds fishy to me.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yeah on Big Mike call plays too.

I think he is a fraud.

I really do.

He needed money and Jerrah asked what it would take..

then wrote the check.

There was not an interview process for candidates..

Nada.

So the whole thing just sounds fishy to me.

Which would ultimately mean that Jerry is the root of the problem for being such a sucker after 30+ years of being the GM of Dallas.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
This team has started 4 different QBs, a bazillion offensive line combinations, is down to a backup tight end and has one of the league’s most overpaid players at RB.

I’m ALL for criticizing all parts of the operation, but I honestly have a difficult time watching these games and going, “Boy, a different play caller sure would make chicken salad out of this chicken poo.”

I thought Moore’s fourth-down play call was ludicrous, but otherwise am Switzerland when it comes to our play calling.

At some point the players need to execute. In some cases, the guys just aren’t good enough (offensive line). In other cases, the players are past their prime (Elliott). And in other cases, guys just mess up sometimes (Lamb’s coulda-been TD and other drops).

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I said it when we hired McCarthy.. What is the point of hiring him and him not calling plays?

Nothing against Kellen Moore but you don’t hire Mike McCarthy for him to be a walk around head coach.

yeah I’m so done with Kellen he needs to go...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This team has started 4 different QBs, a bazillion offensive line combinations, is down to a backup tight end and has one of the league’s most overpaid players at RB.

I’m ALL for criticizing all parts of the operation, but I honestly have a difficult time watching these games and going, “Boy, a different play caller sure would make chicken salad out of this chicken poo.”

I thought Moore’s fourth-down play call was ludicrous, but otherwise am Switzerland when it comes to our play calling.

At some point the players need to execute. In some cases, the guys just aren’t good enough (offensive line). In other cases, the players are past their prime (Elliott). And in other cases, guys just mess up sometimes (Lamb’s coulda-been TD and other drops).

The team was struggling before all the injuries set in.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So the OP's take is that McCarthy was going to call plays but voluntarily decided, no, no, I think Kellen Moore should do it ??

That's rich.

Almost as rich as the actual person who told McCarthy that Kellen Moore will be calling plays.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The team was struggling before all the injuries set in.

But even then the offensive line was in shambles, Elliott was what he is, and the starting tight end was done. And the defense was dead on arrival from Day 1.

Related but unrelated, I also thought it was entirely reasonable to expect our team and other franchises with new coaching staffs to start slow out of the gate. This patchwork COVID season inherently favored teams that have had continuity going into the season with the lack of offseason work.

Big D

Reaction score
Get Lincoln Riley in, fresh face, fresh culture, fresh ideas.
I'd go with this guy
1186234169.jpg.0.jpg

I think Riley would be like Saban 2.0. I could be wrong but the NFL is a different beast.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'd go with this guy
1186234169.jpg.0.jpg

I think Riley would be like Saban 2.0. I could be wrong but the NFL is a different beast.
Dallas wouldn't dare take Bienemy.....not even as a high paid OC. I just don't believe it and I have my reasons.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This is 100% correct. I love this place, I think I’ve been here 15 years, and without fail every HC, OC, and DC needs run out of town. It’s comical.

owner and son have no clue how to build a roster. After that fact, doesn’t matter who’s coaching.
It's time for you too make Jerry an offer he can't refuse.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Moore was kept cause Jerry wants him to be the next Sean Peyton... and then JJ can get the credit for keeping him.
It’s the same reason Jerry overpays for players he shouldn’t.

he’s afraid they’ll go somewhere else and shine and it will make him look bad. So for better or worse he keeps them.
You mean like letting Sean Peyton go?