The salary cap

Verdict

Reaction score
I apparently live on a different planet.

On the planet I have lived on, the Cowboys have spent a good bit of the past 25 years in cap hell. They frequently have to let players go that they wouldn't otherwise, like Jones just this year. Many years they can't even think about bringing in competition for spots because they are hamstrung with the cap. Free agency is a fairy tale that cowboy fans tell their little kids exists in bed time stories.

if Jerry had no cap, I think it would be stunning what would actually happen. He would spend like the Yankees used to, just buying up titles every year or at least trying. He would never let anyone go worth a dam and he would sign the top free agents every year or take a run at them.
This makes too much sense. The natives will get restless over this. Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score
Signings can always work if you're willing to get creative. Players frequently get cut because of cap space.

To suggest that the cap is non-influential is borderline delusional.
It’s COMPLETELY delusional.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's purely coincidental that our success happened to dry up about the same time the CAP was introduced?
It definitely seems that way doesn’t it.What dried up with the talent in the league.We’re have the men gone. The two tall Jones the Lawrence Taylor ‘s. The Randy whites. The Randy whites. John Riggins. That’s what’s missing had nothing to do with the cap in my opinion. It’s just that most fans don’t know what real football is