The skins kick return

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Anybody else notice who it was that stepped right out of the hole? Mr. Jenkins.

It was blantantly obvious he just had no intention of hitting that wall and redirecting the play.

He played good besides that.

Also Watkins getting trucked by Campbell :(

They both played well besides that,.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
don't try to make out Jenkins like a coward

he just kept running

Jacob Rogers was the ***** on that play, he didn't bust the wedge

Smith22

Reaction score
Watkins on that run by Campbell was just as bad as jenkins and his lack of effort on that Giants TD.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424455 said:
scratching_head.jpg

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424455 said:
don't try to make out Jenkins like a coward

he just kept running

It was Justin Rogers #50, but you are right. He just ran up there and stopped. Didn't even try to bust the wedge.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jenkins backed away from contact on the kick return. He didn't take on the block at all. Tackling and any kind of physical play is not his thing, so get him the hell off the kick coverage.

Having said that, they drafted him to cover and he did a nice job with that.

MrMom

Reaction score
Boo to Jenkis on that play.

Horrid, horrid.

He also ducked out on some contact on Portis' 20 yard run in the 3rd quarter.

Wade needs to rough this man up during practice.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats what babe laufenberg ex cowboys qb said, that the cowboys on special teams kickoff were absorbing hits, not dishing them out, and reaching and grabbing, that has got to be fixed

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I want someone to post that clip if possible so you can all see for yourself in case you focused on another player.
I know Rogers sucked it up that play as well, but Jenkins was just pitiful in his effort.

And how does a safety get trucked by a QB? :(

Besides those two plays I can live with the other stuff that went on. Felt great to win!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2424531 said:
I want someone to post that clip if possible so you can all see for yourself in case you focused on another player.
I know Rogers sucked it up that play as well, but Jenkins was just pitiful in his effort.

Besides those two plays I can live with the other stuff that went on. Felt great to win!

all he did was run too wide, idk why you're singling him out when Justin Rogers was the major *****y culprit on that play

MrMom

Reaction score
Muhast;2424531 said:

Oh, it was sad. He avoided busting up the wedge at all and turned to run side by side with Cartwright.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424539 said:
all he did was run too wide, idk why you're singling him out when Justin Rogers was the major *****y culprit on that play

No thats not what he did. He was running dead center into where the return went, and literally moves out of the way of the oncoming blockers. I guess you can watch a replay and u'll understand why it was so pathetic.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2424552 said:
No thats not what he did. He was running dead center into where the return went, and literally moves out of the way of the oncoming blockers. I guess you can watch a replay and u'll understand why it was so pathetic.

he was the gunner, he was on the outside

he just kept running outside

I think he was trying to contain Rock, which was probably a rookie mistake

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
parcells316;2424483 said:
Jenkins backed away from contact on the kick return. He didn't take on the block at all. Tackling and any kind of physical play is not his thing, so get him the hell off the kick coverage.
I'm wondering how many guys we have like that our special teams coverage units. Too many for my taste.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
parcells316;2424483 said:

Having said that, they drafted him to cover and he did a nice job with that.

that was how I saw it, he moved out of the way, if he makes Sellers try to get him out of the way, then there woul dnot be that kind of return.

Then again, would I want to get run over by a bull like Sellers, no, but I'm not paid to have that happen either ;)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424539 said:

Watch this...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_id=29686&displayPage=tab_recap&season=2008&week=REG11

the video, now fast forward to 2 minutes 15 seconds and tell me I'm wrong about Jenkins messing up that whole play.

The run is literally right in his lane. There is no mistake about it. Furthermore you clearly see Rogers(who you singled out) take on a double team. And then watkins out run the play. Thats when Jenkins says "this is getting a little to rough for me" and tip toes out of the play.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2424664 said:
Watch this...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap?game_id=29686&displayPage=tab_recap&season=2008&week=REG11

the video, now fast forward to 2 minutes 15 seconds and tell me I'm wrong about Jenkins messing up that whole play.

The run is literally right in his lane. There is no mistake about it. Furthermore you clearly see Rogers(who you singled out) take on a double team. And then watkins out run the play. Thats when Jenkins says "this is getting a little to rough for me" and tip toes out of the play.

Jenkins didn't mess up that whole play, Rogers and Alan Ball dont' take on their blockers, they are down there before Jenkins is, Rogers faces 2 blockers and doesn't try to split them

if you look at Jenskins, it looks like he's expecting Rock to take it outside, notices that he's boxed out, and tries to get around the block by spinning away from the blocker, not a coward as you try to portray him

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424701 said:
Jenkins didn't mess up that whole play, Rogers did by not busting the wedge, Rock had 2 blockers in front of him, and Rogers ran up to them, stopped and got stoned, in most cases that guy is supposed to split the 2 blockers for the other guys following him

if you look at Jenskins, it looks like he's expecting Rock to take it outside, notices that he's boxed out, and tries to get around the block, not a coward as you try to portray him

Seriously? You think that was a good football play? If he made ANY contact at all, that play doesn't happen. If you pause at 2;20, and then play. He LITERALLY runs in the exact spot Jenkins WAS standing in.