The Speed at wide receiver is the best I've ever seen at camp

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'd pretty much agree with you ,about the #85 , though, while watching some YouTube game hi-lites recently I saw where he'd caught a pass for a 1st down, I think it was in #89's 3 t.d. game I saw it happen.

Was that route/catch anything Hanna couldn't have done?

Maybe this one against the Rams?

I guess a decent run, but zero route required.

Here are Brown's "highlites" from Seattle. One completed dump off pass and lots of disaster.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I was excited to see JVJ, but he couldn't hold on to the ball. I hope hes not another camp stud who falls apart when the lights come on.

Consistency of execution is what makes a pro. Lack of it is what keeps guys on the PS.

Rico had some great highlites.

Reactions: CWR

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will keep 7-8 WRs.

Was that route/catch anything Hanna couldn't have done?

Maybe this one against the Rams?

I guess a decent run, but zero route required.

Here are Brown's "highlites" from Seattle. One completed dump off pass and lots of disaster.
[/QUOTE]
Oh ya! the ol' #84 Hanna would've just as easily snagged that ball.

*and I'm clueless in how I'd inadvertantly jacked yer' post

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
*and I'm clueless in how I'd inadvertantly jacked yer' post

I messed up the markup in my post. Maybe it cascaded to you, or you made your own goofs.

I was confused on looking at this. Would have been a lot more confused coming back to it an hour later. We know what's going on.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
When the Cowboys traded for Galloway, Rocket was still on the team. If Galloway hadn’t torn his ACL in week one, Troy would have had a field day throwing to those two all season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defenses could just categorize Brown as a TE and use their normal workflow. Not that complicated. It's at least more accurate than treating him like a WR.

And it does matter. With Brown on the field, we've got a no threat blocker on the field. With Jarwin, we've got threat. If Brown blocks as well as Jarwin, we're worse with Brown on the field than Jarwin against 3LB defenses.

Without stupidity on the part of defenses, Brown on the field is a loser for us.

Cowboys have professional football coaches that altogether get paid millions of dollars per year.

Those coaches like Brown as a blocking WR.

All the gerrymandering in the world by you is not going to change that fact.

The appreciation of Brown is likely limited to people that spend excessive time studying football game footage.

khiladi

Reaction score
Galloway was a complete disaster and one of the Jones' dumbest moves by far. There was no return with that. It was complete and utter crap.

He completely blew out his knee, otherwise he was a number 1 WR, with 3 1000 yard seasons in 4 years. We needed a number 1 WR. The dumbest move by far was passing on Randy Moss.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Never did that, just haven’t seen enough to separate him from the rest of the group as a receiver. It probably doesn’t matter because chances are he’s the PR.

But he literally had one reception last year that was awesome, the others were pedestrian - hence the sample size statement

In training camp last year there was a lot of articles saying Austin had shown he could play the Y and not just the Z and trick plays. I only went for one day last year but in camp it was obvious he could handle regular WR assignments.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys like Austin when used correctly create fear for DCs which pushes DBs outside the box opening up the run game and keeping defenses guessing.

In Dallas, DCs know that's not how Garrett works as he telegraphs the plays with personnel groups and a tendency to try to run a brute force style of offense. I hope we keep Tavon and Moore moves to a more Mcvay-like offense with Austin playing the role of a 3rd WR.
They do give it away. Might as well have a neon sign on his helmet. Use him in better sets and let him fly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cowboys have professional football coaches that altogether get paid millions of dollars per year.

Those coaches like Brown as a blocking WR.

All the gerrymandering in the world by you is not going to change that fact.

The appreciation of Brown is likely limited to people that spend excessive time studying football game footage.

Whatever the coaches do must be right. Or at least righter than we can possibly know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never did that, just haven’t seen enough to separate him from the rest of the group as a receiver. It probably doesn’t matter because chances are he’s the PR.

But he literally had one reception last year that was awesome, the others were pedestrian - hence the sample size statement

And that's why I joked asking if you were Linehan. Because that's whose fault it was that Austin wasn't used much. Linehan.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
And that's why I joked asking if you were Linehan. Because that's whose fault it was that Austin wasn't used much. Linehan.
That's a convenient excuse steeped in speculation but has no basis in actual production. It's not like he was a rookie.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a convenient excuse steeped in speculation but has no basis in actual production. It's not like he was a rookie.

Find someone else to have your lame argument with.

And go on looking foolish trying to defend Scott Linehan’s stupidity and waste of resources.

Maybe you can follow him to his next team?

Oh wait.