The Super Bowl is tainted. Others too!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You can say this is simply my opinion. Which it is. But it goes deeper than that. Than me.

The Pats were caught cheating in a Super Bowl(s).

The non-flag play. Flag NOT thrown. When it could have been 2-3 different penalties.

* These things have tainted the great “Bowl” game,

The above isn’t even my main point.

My main point is they are parading Sean Peyton and Drew Brees and other Saints players PROMOTING THIS*

Neither will “Get over it”... time will tick away and they will move on. Not the same.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You can say this is simply my opinion. Which it is. But it goes deeper than that. Than me.

The non-flag play. Flag NOT thrown. When it could have been 2-3 different penalties.

My main point is they are parading Sean Peyton and Drew Brees and other Saints players PROMOTING THIS*

Neither will “Get over it”... time will tick away and they will move on. Not the same.

In underground bunker, with stowaway goods, slew of PC, sonar tracking devices and tin foiled hat.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Steelers fans still think Neil O'Donnell was paid off to throw SB XXX to the Cowboys, or more specifically, to Larry Brown.

Does that make them right?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If you don’t think the league wants LA to actually become an NFL town you are not paying attention. 2 teams. New stadium coming. Lots of money invested. Big US market that has long eluded them. The NFL needs it badly. Add to it that this is happening under Roger Goodell and there should be no doubt the Saints were toasted.

The game is great. The league sucks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This one is definitely tainted. More and more people feel this way, I believe. The league makes a ton of money, but it has real troubles on the horizon.

I think those of us who spend time on boards like this overestimate the outrage of the general public, most of whom don't follow as closely or care at all about anything other than their own team.

Saints fans think it is tainted (while conveniently overlooking their wasted chances after the infamous non-call), but the attendance and ratings today will be reminders that most people aren't losing their minds over that play.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think those of us who spend time on boards like this overestimate the outrage of the general public, most of whom don't follow as closely or care at all about anything other than their own team.

Saints fans think it is tainted (while conveniently overlooking their wasted chances after the infamous non-call), but the attendance and ratings today will be reminders that most people aren't losing their minds over that play.
I do know 2 families who are not watching the game. I wish I could pull myself away.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tossed a coin and I'm watching WWF Smackdown instead of Football

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The NFL and the refs being corrupt is new news? There was a story after the Divisional round of the playoffs stating that the NFL felt a Pats/Rams match-up would be the most lucrative outcome. The non-call was no surprise at all.

In a sport where nobody knows what a tackle is, nobody knows what intent is, and rules are just made up on the fly based on the refs preference, you're looking in the wrong place if you want consistency and integrity. You can stop watching or accept that it is what it is, and it's not changing. Personally, I don't care who gets screwed over as long as it isn't the Cowboys. It's happened to us, it'll happen to others, again and again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

:facepalm:

Little Jr

Reaction score
This one is definitely tainted. More and more people feel this way, I believe. The league makes a ton of money, but it has real troubles on the horizon.
People say they have real problems every year. They have no problems.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll try to watch the game with as much anger and outrage as I can muster, but i can’t promise I won’t foget how upset I’m supposed to be after a fajita burrito and a couple of beers.