The talk is Cooper won't be back

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 3, 2022.

1. panchucko

panchucko It's Back

4,112 Messages
    2,569 Likes Received
    Throw to the open man, it worked so well pre Coop

Brooksey, Stash and Gaede like this.
  2. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,775 Messages
    13,358 Likes Received
    What about DLaw?

DLaw and Coop both need to go, IMO. The cap is a real thing and it's best to get ahead of it. As long as we bring back WR's Gallup and Wilson and DE's Gregory and Armstrong. We should be alright.

3. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

30,513 Messages
    36,874 Likes Received
    if we do move on from coooooooop...i hope they learned a lesson when they cut dez and fill this hole thru the draft.
    we didnt with dez and ended up trading for cooooooooooop.

4. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,915 Messages
    24,370 Likes Received
    Tight ends drafted in the second round have a 50 percent success rate. Tight ends drafted in the third round have a 39 percent success rate. Fourth round it drops to 33 percent. So, it certainly is not an absolute. We definitely should take one, just saying that doesn't necessarily solve the position if we let Schultz walk, especially with it looking like Jarwin might have a long road to recovery from hip surgery.

Sure, we found Jason Witten in the third round and Schultz in the fourth, but we also drafted Gavin Escobar and Martellus Bennett (who went on to be decent elsewhere) in the second round.

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,915 Messages
    24,370 Likes Received
    Same situation. If we let him go, we have to bring back Gregory and move Parsons to DE/OLB full time, which means we'll need a starting LB. ... I'd rather keep Lawrence than Gregory, but if you can convince the front office to pick up Von Miller instead, I'm for it.

6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

22,306 Messages
    21,298 Likes Received
    Wilson is a free agent as well, so no guarantees there either.

nyc-cowboy likes this.
  7. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    15,992 Likes Received
    So the first round picks from 2017, 2018, and essentially 2019 are gonna be gone.

Gaede likes this.
  8. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

5,073 Messages
    5,799 Likes Received
    The ONLY reason they are acting like he is gone, is so when he gets resigned everyone will go Ape S over it…I’ve studied these two idiots forever, and know every move!!!

9. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

6,026 Messages
    8,143 Likes Received
    Yeah we're going to be hurting without Cooper. He's more valuable than what his stats say. If Lamb is double teamed I don't know if whoever WR2 will beat single coverage. It really sucks we couldn't have seen Gallup, Lamb and Cooper all healthy for a while.

nyc-cowboy likes this.
  10. ShortRound

ShortRound Well-Known Member

18,983 Messages
    65,187 Likes Received
    The Cowboys way

Gaede and Mr_437 like this.
  11. Malhavoc

Malhavoc Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Cooper is almost certainly gone. And he should be. They won’t even be able to trade him because of that ridiculous contract. They will almost certainly draft WR early. Lawrence may be next. Can’t continue to pay these insane salaries to players that are not remotely worth it. Time to move on.

12. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

14,254 Messages
    15,755 Likes Received
    Hate drafting them high, unless there is someone special there.
    3-4 round, if they take one, better not be a good guard still on the board.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  13. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

14,254 Messages
    15,755 Likes Received
    Where did you hear that the cap is a real thing?

14. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,815 Messages
    10,594 Likes Received
    It should really easy to trade Coop. The value of Amari should not drop even if teams know he's being traded, yet I expect a small bidding war. Now, what the GM (Stephen Jones) can squeeze out of team as compensation for #19 I have very little confidence.

15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

39,568 Messages
    9,715 Likes Received
    Someone could make that contract work with a pre-trade agreement to restructure and prorate the remaining amount over additional years.

16. Malhavoc

Malhavoc Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    I think this team will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick from a team desperate to give a young QB a WR. I think they will obviously try to trade him if that doesn’t work they’ll release him.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  17. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

4,692 Messages
    6,663 Likes Received
    Let me get this straight, we traded a #1 for Cooper and then signed him to $100M contract of which he only played 2 seasons. Tell me that's not a bad trade, is like cutting a 1st round pick after 3.5 years.

LOBO7, BigStar, Gaede and 4 others like this.
  18. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    4,575 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    Yep, exactly. Lack of return on investment has been the norm on most Cowboy contract decisions.

19. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    2,265 Likes Received
    Did the article say anything about whether they are leaning towards trading or cutting him?

20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,317 Messages
    154,230 Likes Received
    It was a tweet but it contained a link that can't be here. It didn't say anything more than that but I don't think the Cowboys can trade that contract.