The talk is Cooper won't be back

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is how our 160 million $ QB utilized our 20 million $ no 1 WR

2021 Dallas Cowboys 15 68 865yrds 12.7 41 8 45 66.18 15 1

R.I.P. Coop shame we gave a no 1 pick for you.....

Yet Lamb had over 1,000 yards receiving. a career high, Dalton Schultz 78 rec, 808 yards a career high, Cedric Wilson 45 rec 602 a career high. I hate to see Cooper likely not be here but cap situation and the fact Cowboys can save big money off his contract will be the reason behind it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had him 4 years and wasn’t enough to get us over the hump.

When you’re paying your QB top Salary can’t afford top paid support all around your QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see it now.

Wilson walks, Cooper traded, Turner and Brown gone.

We pay Gallup and expect him for opening day. Starts the season on the PUP.

And end up with another Terrance Williams situation.

If you’re parting with far and away your best receiver, don’t waste money on an injured #3. That’s a rookie deal position, not something you PAY FOR.

My opinion is that losing Cooper will hurt far more than losing any of the other potential free agents as well as Lawrence. But. Cooper’s contract gives Little Enos the most cap relief for all of his blunders, so he’s the one they’re focused on.

Next comes the spin on how it’s ‘not so bad’. What’s Allen Hurns doing theses days?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
$20+ million and 2 first-round draft picks (Cooper and Lamb) is a lot to invest at receiver unless we are talking a "wow" player like Roy E. Williams. Lamb probably has to become the number 1 and Dak better be prepared to run if he can't get the ball out quickly.

visionary

Reaction score
The world knew it though. Every GM has the power to look at the cap charts and realize that they are either going to restructure that deal or cut him and if they were going to restructure it they would have done it by now. Everyone can see he has only 6m in dead money and 16 million in cap savings for a team that NEEDS cap space. GMs are not dumb and know Cooper is gone and that as such they can sign him for 15m and give up nothing.

Are you Stephen Jones?

How are other teams able to trade their players for great picks but we never can’t? Are their finances hidden?

If Cooper is released he goes to the highest bidder. If they trade for him he comes to their team

there are multiple layers to this but you are clearly unaware so, bye

Adreme

Reaction score
Are you Stephen Jones?

How are other teams able to trade their players for great picks but we never can’t? Are their finances hidden?

If Cooper is released he goes to the highest bidder. If they trade for him he comes to their team

there are multiple layers to this but you are clearly unaware so, bye

Because Cooper is not a great player. He is a good player being paid like a great player. The trick to trading players though is timing. When players get traded for good picks they are usually either all pro or on a rookie deal (or both if you want multiple picks). What they are not are players being overpaid for their production in a free agent market where you can get better players cheaper.

Nobody is going to want to pay Cooper 3 years 60 million. As such nobody is going to trade for that. As such they are going to have to release him and the highest bidder will get him for less than so there is no incentive to trade. If anyone was offering anything of value he would be traded right now but no one is so that only leaves release.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Coop/Lamb/(Pollard or Fehoko) is far superior to Lamb/injured Gallup/Wilson/Wasted 1st round draft pick

With a legit TE, your 3rd WR is usually only utilized on their downs anyway.
If you think your 3rd WR is weak, then use 2 TE sets or utilize a FB or HB for first 2 downs and strengthen your running game.
If you don't like Pollard as a 3rd down blocker, but think he is dynamic and want to get the ball in his hands more, use him as an H back\3WR.
Fehoko is a straight line speed. On third down force teams to guard him deep, and use CD in the slot.

This would allow for Coop, CD, Pollard, Legit TE, and Zeke all in the game as needed to run or pass.
Coop, CD, Legit TE, Fehoko, and Zeke/Pollard on passing downs.
Coop, CD, Fehoko, Vasher, Legit TE in red zone when passing........Lots of height\ability there.

Legit TE = Wydermeyer, McBride, or Ruckert

And you could find a FA 3rd WR fairly inexpensively, IMO.

You can restructure Cooper without him losing a dime, and save millions on the cap this year, although it does cause dead money IF he doesn't play out his contract. If he plays out his contract, you cause more money to count towards future cap space, but that is expected to go up anyway.

I am fairly certain Dallas will cut Coop due to EGO, but I am also fairly certain that Dallas will not be as talented at WR next year and will lose games because of it if they do go through with it, OR they will use draft capital causing the team to have less talent somewhere else that they need it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't link it because of the rules here but Michael Gehlken is reporting from several sources that it would be considered an upset if Cooper returns this season.
Did Gehlken subscribe to Mike Fisher's blog...

Reactions: JPM

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Somebody has to be the voice of reason among the delusional.

That's why you and your buds are left wondering what went wrong all the time while I sit back, laugh, make fun of you, and watch you desperately try to figure out what some of us knew all along and tried to warn you about before it happened.

Have an open mind and listen to folks that know the game better than you.
But the joke is really on YOU because you sit here just like us "delusional" people and still tune in and spend money lol. You may be "making fun"(the hell lol?) but the joke is really on you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
But the joke is really on YOU because you sit here just like us "delusional" people and still tune in and spend money lol. You may be "making fun"(the hell lol?) but the joke is really on you.
This is the emotional responds I expected.

I just offered advice to open your mind and stop being so biased. If you do that you will not be left confused after every failed season. You will see it coming before it even happens.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

d4b.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the emotional responds I expected.

I just offered advice to open your mind and stop being so biased. If you do that you will not be left confused after every failed season. You will see it coming before it even happens.
I'm "emotional" because I called you out for the fraudulent and ridiculous behavior you are partaking in lol? You just admitted that you spend your precious time on this site trying to get the attention of others. If that doesn't scream loser than I frankly don't know what does.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm "emotional" because I called you out for the fraudulent and ridiculous behavior you are partaking in lol? You just admitted that you spend your precious time on this site trying to get the attention of others. If that doesn't scream loser than I frankly don't know what does.
You're clearly emotional.

Open mind, unbiased, and I'm going to throw in less emotional now. If you do these things you to will be able to predict what is going to happen before it happens. I don't have some kind of gift to see the future or anything. I just read between the lines.