The Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

Givincer

Reaction score
Let's talk about our quarterback who is sporting a 103.5 QB rating this year (97.8 career).

281 passing yards/game. 2.3 passing TD's per game. Sounds pretty decent right about now.

Each of the three Sunday's Tony didn't start, I couldn't help but get excited for the game during the week regardless. But then once the game started, I couldn't help but remember how unenjoyable it was watching Dallas play without Romo. Without the ability to escape constant pressure. Without the ability to convert 3rd and 5+. Without the ability to sustain any kind of drive whatsoever. Real fans sit through the hard times though, otherwise the good times aren't as enjoyable. If nothing else, these three weeks have made Cowboy fans (and the Cowboys themselves) realize how much they appreciate Tony Romo.

It's been flat out painful to watch this team flounder, these past few weeks. Tony Romo makes our entire team better. Our defense too. I'll go so far as to say Tony Romo is our team. All the evidence you need: Look at it without him...

When he comes back, I honestly expect him to lead us deep into the playoffs. Because he's that good.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I agree!

But watch out for the debbie downers..

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I can't wait to put up 30 pts on the Commanders!!!!!!:skins::skins::skins:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
<----waiting for the idiotic inevitable poster who says "can Romo tackle,?can Romo play special teams? , can Romo pass protect? then he wont make a difference"

all hail ROMO.............lead us to the promise land

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We better get some pass blocking to put up 30 or some turnovers.

kai cyr

Reaction score
dadymat;2398244 said:
<----waiting for the idiotic inevitable poster who says "can Romo tackle,?can Romo play special teams? , can Romo pass protect? then he wont make a difference"

all hail ROMO.............lead us to the promise land

why would that be idiotic? it's true. We are very bad. We had some SERIOUS problems even when Romo was healthy. OVERRATED. Trust me, things will still be bad when he comes back.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
kai cyr;2398543 said:
why would that be idiotic? it's true. We are very bad. We had some SERIOUS problems even when Romo was healthy. OVERRATED. Trust me, things will still be bad when he comes back.

It won't be near as bad when the defense isn't on the field for so long because the offense can't sustain a drive.

Things snowball. No threat of a deep ball means the opposing team's defense condenses, which in turn leads to less effectiveness in the run, and so on...

We have problems, no doubt, but things can be exponentially better when your offense scores more than 7 points and doesn't turn the ball over 4 times.

BigR

Reaction score
kai cyr;2398543 said:

romo fixes soooo many of the problems

helps the defense because they now will have time off the field because the offense will be able to move the ball

ability to scramble and get rid of the ball quickly helps o-line

he is not the fix-all....but will be a huge shot in the arm

Reaction score
I don't post a lot but ill post to this!

I wont deny we have other issues that need to be addressed, but TRomo isn't one of them.

We always have a good chance to win with Romo leading.
:star:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
BigR;2398222 said:
romo is the heart and soul of the team

period

Amen. Maybe I'll be wrong but I see an energized Romo coming back. I think this team will come out strong and rejuventated with new hope. Romo firing his first big pass will pump this entire team up and allow it to put the past in the past. Sort of a "Now THIS is our team!" type of reponse that will hopefully springboard this team to success. Despite watching that crap yesterday and living in NJ to boot (dealing with Giants fans) I feel a little optimistic. There's a reason why Romo has the won-loss record he has.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
kai cyr;2398543 said:

Honestly if Romo played the last 3 weeks I believe we would be 7-2 and everybody on this board would be singing a different tune.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't appreciate anyone that isn't winning and right now he isn't winning ****! :mad:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I love Romo but I think he masks a lot of this teams problems. That isn't always a good thing. I happen to think that Felix Jones makes this team that much better. We have won every game that he has played and finished. I will be a happy chappy when he makes it back.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
jobberone;2398246 said:
We better get some pass blocking to put up 30 or some turnovers.

Pass blocking hasn't changed. Our guys got blown off the ball even when Romo started, Romo would escape the pressure or 'feel it' a lot better than Brad did.

Our offensive line didn't start to suck overnight, Tony just covered up a lot of their warts. Now he needs to stop being Tom Brady and we have a shot at 5 out of 7.

Givincer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;2398862 said:
Honestly if Romo played the last 3 weeks I believe we would be 7-2 and everybody on this board would be singing a different tune.

So true.