The toss sweep to Barber was

hendog

Reaction score
a great play for us last nite. Just wait til we get to toss it to Felix with Barber leading the way!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Yeah I agree...liked that a lot. They said Bum told Puff Marshmellow to run it...and he did. Good thing Dad knows what's going on!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They clearly picked up something on film about the Skins defense defending the run on the edges. The Skins never really adjusted to that play all game long.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was thinking the whole night, as that toss sweep was working nicely, about how nice it's going to look when Felix can take some of those toss sweeps.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2426154 said:
They clearly picked up something on film about the Skins defense defending the run on the edges. The Skins never really adjusted to that play all game long.

Actually, they did, but we won so I'm sure it seems like it worked every time. If we wanted to, we could have run up the middle all game, but maybe the toss is what softened up the middle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea watching the toss with Barber I just couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if we ran it with Felix. I was hoping we'd give Choice a toss or two.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The whole running game was designed to keep 8 men out of the box (multiple WR's) and to keep Romo from actually handing off as much as possible.

WR blocking was the key as Roy E. said, "I am not a lineman and yet I have all these scratches on my arms"

The passing game was designed to keep Romo protected with short and quick stuff.

anava

Reaction score
aikemirv;2426196 said:
The whole running game was designed to keep 8 men out of the box (multiple WR's) and to keep Romo from actually handing off as much as possible.

WR blocking was the key as Roy E. said, "I am not a lineman and yet I have all these scratches on my arms"

The passing game was designed to keep Romo protected with short and quick stuff.

He has asked not to be called "Roy E.", gosh get with it. Texas Roy from now on, geez :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
rocyaice;2426191 said:
Yea watching the toss with Barber I just couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if we ran it with Felix.
:D
[youtube]S5sVKxcPTpc[/youtube]

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the success we saw with the Toss sweep was predicated on how Washington tries to defense us. I actually had this discussion with my Son last time we played them. Washington believes that if you take away Witten, use safety help over the top on TO and just play for the run between the tackles on 1st and 2nd downs, you can stop our offense. They have done this to us the last couple of games. Last time we played, I thought that sweeps would be effective as there CBs are not really great on the force. We didn't do that but we did it this time and it worked. I think a lot of teams defense us this way. I would not be surprised to see us run this a lot more the next couple games but after that, teams will adjust and then, your going to see our WRs start having big days again. YAC etc.

superpunk

Reaction score
Noone can stop that play when we run it.

Noone.

Our coaching staff has caught on.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Last year on Inside the NFL they were showing the highlights of the Cowboys-Lions game with Bum and his wife watching and providing comentary. Dallas ran a toss sweep and gained 1 yard maybe. Bum said they shouldn't run that play because it never works. Later Barber takes one 20 yards for a TD around the right side. Did he change his mind after that?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss;2426290 said:
Last year on Inside the NFL they were showing the highlights of the Cowboys-Lions game with Bum and his wife watching and providing comentary. Dallas ran a toss sweep and gained 1 yard maybe. Bum said they shouldn't run that play because it never works. Later Barber takes one 20 yards for a TD around the right side. Did he change his mind after that?

I'd say it has more to do with how teams are defensing us, how they are playing there safeties and LBs.

Of course, 20 yd TD runs can have an immediate effect as well.

:D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with the rest.

Those toss sweeps with Felix should keep DC's awake at night.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We better be setting up this toss sweep for a RB pass for an easy TD when we need one. It would work like a charm.

It will never happen though because I have never see Garrett call a fleaflicker or trick play.

joseephuss

Reaction score
aikemirv;2426482 said:
We better be setting up this toss sweep for a RB pass for an easy TD when we need one. It would work like a charm.

It will never happen though because I have never see Garrett call a fleaflicker or trick play.

You didn't watch last nights double reverse?

I don't like trick plays when the offense is struggling. I like them when the offense is rolling because you can catch a defense on it's heals. The offense was not rolling the last month.

hendog

Reaction score
aikemirv;2426482 said:

Actually Crayton threw an incompletion this year on an end around but I can't remember who it was against.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Amazing what a little Romo will do to our running game and O-Line...

He didn't even have that great of a game, but the downfield passing threat he brings alone gets the 8th or 9th guy out of the box, gives the OL an opportunity to open some holes, and gives the RBs the chance to hit them.