The trinity of Brandt, Stautner, Schramm

pitt33

Reaction score
Well, what is a Princeton grad who played collegiate ball then was a highly touted assistant before he got here.
After that, he got three Super Bowl rings and was a capable QB for one of the greatest teamed in Cowboys history.
I guess you and I, who did better than him before we were 30, can snark on him, yes?
Man,seriously?

I am surprised that you included him with those Dallas Cowboy luminaries.

He needs to pad his resume a little bit more.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Man,seriously?

I am surprised that you included him with those Dallas Cowboy luminaries.

He needs to pad his resume a little.
Well, maybe a reach. I can only do 20% of what Garrett has done so far, so, as you can see, I have stars in me eyes.
Signed,
A ne're do well but beloved by me mum

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Schramm totally lost it when Jerry bought the cowboys and it became obvious he was on his way out. It's a shame both he and Landry spent their last years so angry at their demises brought about by the new regime.

Really good point Cern. I have read that Landry considered himself a NYG (his widow says this) after the Cowboys let him go. There were some Giant fans crowing about this on one of the NYG boards. I consider this heresy especially for a guy from Mission, Texas.

cern

Reaction score
Really good point Cern. I have read that Landry considered himself a NYG (his widow says this) after the Cowboys let him go. There were some Giant fans crowing about this on one of the NYG boards. I consider this heresy especially for a guy from Mission, Texas.
I doubt that after 29 years coaching the cowboys and all his success here that is true. I think his wife still bears a grudge against Jerry for the way things happened. I was in the submarine service in the 60's and 70's. I loved Reagan until he relieved admiral rickover without as much as a phone call. Hated reagan since that day. The end comes for everyone. But some deserve better.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

So bitter was Landry that when Jimmy first went to the Super Bowl, a reporter, quite innocently, asked Ol' Tom if he'd be watching, and bitter Tom Landry said he'd be too busy to watch.
Too busy?
Doing what? Constructing voodoo dolls of Jerry and Jimmy?
I never liked the Plastic Man after that.

rags747

Reaction score
And per Duane Thomas: Gil Brandt was a liar and Tex Schramm was “sick, demented and completely dishonest,” to which Schramm replied goodnaturedly, “That’s not bad. He got two out or three.”

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And per Duane Thomas: Gil Brandt was a liar and Tex Schramm was “sick, demented and completely dishonest,” to which Schramm replied goodnaturedly, “That’s not bad. He got two out or three.”

Duane Thomas, pillar of ethics and team chemistry.
Doesn't he operate a bait stand in Arizona?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Who is that? Is he like the great Arthur Askey?

Georgie Burns? Check this out... he looks like your avatar

giphy.gif

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This just in: @gjkoeppen has agreed to a dsnce-off.

I will do a macarena in 1/2 dub step.
He will do a mini Village People greatest dance routine.

@northerncowboynation will deejay.

@Melonfeud will provide snacks, seating and refreshments.
@Trouty, don't do nothing, just nod to the beats to give us cred.
Yes, I've enough pickled polecat stashed away down in the root cellar & could,,, could probably prepare some opossum pate possibly,cash-in a couple of homemade pickup bed trailers full of mashed flat Milwaukee's best beer cans fer' the coin to spring for the BEAM & SALTINES,,, er,,,that seating predicament could prove problematic,ol' bean,,, I'll have to study up some more on that,,, I'll express rush my findings on the subject matter by way of my ground breaking & fledgling messaging "kitty-cat collar" pen& paper exchange services, LLC.o_O

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes, I've enough pickled polecat stashed away down in the root cellar & could,,, could probably prepare some opossum pate possibly,cash-in a couple of homemade pickup bed trailers full of mashed flat Milwaukee's best beer cans fer' the coin to spring for the BEAM & SALTINES,,, er,,,that seating predicament could prove problematic,ol' bean,,, I'll have to study up some more on that,,, I'll express rush my findings on the subject matter by way of my ground breaking & fledgling messaging "kitty-cat collar" pen& paper exchange services, LLC.o_O
Time is of the essence!
If necessary get the Sardis brothers to help. They need community service time!