Video: The truth about the Cowboys' Dak situation

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm fine with signing him as long as it is reasonable. This FO seems to have been making better decisions lately, so, there is some hope they don't cap strap us to Dak. Time will tell.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Dak haters are hilarious.

All the guy does is win, and yet here you are.. kind of pathetic, really.
Yeah the talking heads are bored again. Instead of talking about the positives they going back to last season when Zeke was suspended. The Ravens are struggling now because Ray Lewis, Ed Reed retired. They also have drafted poorly. Joe Flacco is still the same. I am not a fan of Stafford but the issue with the Lions is drafting. Dak's contract will not matter. The Cowboys can keep and sign who they want. It is better for their business for the Cowboys to be average I guess.

conner01

Reaction score
Tanking is dumb
But the point that Avg QB’s are being paid like elite is real
It has hurt teams and when that high a percentage of your cap goes to one guy it makes it hard to keep the weapons around him to help him win
It’s not about hating Dak, it’s about is paying Dak like an elite QB the best way to spend that much of your cap
Can Dak win with less talent around him?
That’s what happens when you pay that much to a QB
You have less talent around him
I think Dak can win with a good defense, good run game and quality receivers
The question is can you have those things and pay huge money to Dak?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Even if you like Dak you should have the awareness to see he isn’t the reason we win and having him on a giant contract crushes the overall team.
I hear you Dak haters saying that he is not the reason we win. But you all never answer the question of what Quarterback on this roster would have led this team to a 29-15 record over the last 3 years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tanking is dumb
But the point that Avg QB’s are being paid like elite is real
It has hurt teams and when that high a percentage of your cap goes to one guy it makes it hard to keep the weapons around him to help him win
It’s not about hating Dak, it’s about is paying Dak like an elite QB the best way to spend that much of your cap
Can Dak win with less talent around him?
That’s what happens when you pay that much to a QB
You have less talent around him
I think Dak can win with a good defense, good run game and quality receivers
The question is can you have those things and pay huge money to Dak?

No.. You can’t.

Dak doesn’t provide offense. He’s just a guy out there facilitating the offense.

To pay him money like he is a consistent playmaker would really hurt our roster.

We need to pay the guys who drive us to victory. The passengers like Dak are replaceable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hear you Dak haters saying that he is not the reason we win. But you all never answer the question of what Quarterback on this roster would have led this team to a 29-15 record over the last 3 years.

I like Dak. I’m just not a naive homer. He’s not worth big money.

What do you mean when you say what QB on this roster?

Like Cooper Rush and Mike White or league wide?

I’m not paying Dak because Rush and White are not good.

Linehan has to go also. That’s the #1 priority right now sense we don’t have a first rounder.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I scanned the other Dak thread and there are some very stupid answers for alternatives to Dak.

Any good ones here?

conner01

Reaction score
No.. You can’t.

Dak doesn’t provide offense. He’s just a guy out there facilitating the offense.

To pay him money like he is a consistent playmaker would really hurt our roster.

We need to pay the guys who drive us to victory. The passengers like Dak are replaceable.
The problem is league wide. Avg QB’s are getting paid like elite QB’s and even the biggest Dak fan can’t honestly say he’s elite. An elite QB wins when his top Rb is out, or with lesser receivers
The league seriously needs to address QB money and the players should be easy to get onboard since most aren’t QB and it’s costing them. A solution to me is a cap of cap pct to any one player
That drives down salaries for the few and up for the rest
20% of you cap can’t go to one guy no matter who he is

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup you either have a superstar QB or you put superstars around your QB. Dak isn't a superstar. Wait 1 more year let him play while he's cheap then talk about a cheap extension... They really need to look at cost of replacement through both free agency and the draft.

waving monkey

Reaction score
We have 54M rthis year and some enormous amount for 2020
all the players mentioned will get paid some lesser talent will walk.
Then the real genuflecting to McClay who walks on water will begin.

conner01

Reaction score
Do you think we would be winning now if we hadn’t traded for cooper?
Do you think we would be winning if the defense was not as good?
Dak supporters take it as an attack on Dak but it’s not. The reality is Dak is not terrible nor elite.
I think if you have a good defense and put talent around him he can win
The question is can you pay him elite money and give him the tools around him

conner01

Reaction score
We have 54M rthis year and some enormous amount for 2020
all the players mentioned will get paid some lesser talent will walk.
Then the real genuflecting to McClay who walks on water will begin.
That money will go very fast but drafting is really the key always to managing the cap
If you can continue to get a couple of really good players in each draft and a couple of solid players the cap gets much easier to manage

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The problem is league wide. Avg QB’s are getting paid like elite QB’s and even the biggest Dak fan can’t honestly say he’s elite. An elite QB wins when his top Rb is out, or with lesser receivers
The league seriously needs to address QB money and the players should be easy to get onboard since most aren’t QB and it’s costing them. A solution to me is a cap of cap pct to any one player
That drives down salaries for the few and up for the rest
20% of you cap can’t go to one guy no matter who he is

Yep.

NFL teams should be aware of what these gigantic contracts do to the team.

Look at Green Bay.

Best QB in football and they are terrible because of that contract.

The Vikings haven’t had Cousins long enough to feel the effect of his contract but it will be coming quickly.

Dallas paid Romo like idiots when he never had playoff success.. That contract and Garrett stopped him from ever having playoff success.

We have an elite corner, receiver, and defensive end that are about to get stupid money too and I’d keep all of them over Dak.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

Watch the video. Accept it, don't accept it, it doesn't matter. It won't change the fact that what they are saying here is the truth and is the future for this team.

There is no chance this front office does the right thing. You are about to be saddled with the most over paid player in the league. Eating up chunks of cap space while you desperately try to put an all pro core around him to overcome all the things he can't do. Namely, play the position of QB.

Mark it down. Jerry is about to make another ginormous mistake. He is the gift that keeps on giving. For fans of the Eagles, Giants and Commanders.

Go Cowboys, bros.

Great thread. X-factor: Stephen Jones. If Stephen didn't exist, Dez is still here, they likely don't let D-Ware go, etc. If Stephen isn't here, Jerry drafts Johnny Football instead of our best player. Etc, etc.

My hope is that although Jerry wants to marry Dak, it will be Stephen who drafts the prenuptial agreement. :laugh:

sbark

Reaction score
Break that down....how many teams above .500 has dak beat