Video: The truth about the Cowboys' Dak situation

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He hasn’t won anything yet.

His talent and passing skills simply don’t warrant an elite contract. His marketability does.

Dak brings many qualities. He’s a gamer . Playmaker. A winner. But he’s proven thus far he needs more surrounding support than elite QB’s. Time will tell. But he certainly doesn’t measure up at this point in the top prolific passing QB’s in the NFL.
Name a QB that has won without some other type of star on the offense. Folks keep saying Dak can't win without elite talent, he took a 4-12 team to 13-3.

Brady has Gronk
Rodgers has had a ton of weapons
Mahomes has a ton of weapons
Ben same thing
Brees same thing
Rivers same thing
Romo same thing
Ryan same thing

The list goes on. No QB has done it by themselves. But when talking about Dak he isn't good because he has to have weapons..... Same as anybody else.

Not only that Dak has said he isn't looking to break the bank on his next contract. Dak haters like to say he isn't worth a big contract so try and prove a point.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dak haters are hilarious.

All the guy does is win, and yet here you are.. kind of pathetic, really.

Your Pathetic when you state that Dak wins......Zeke wins ....defense wins....Dak is just feeding off off the real talents on our team.....now move along there Dak-zoid and make room for # 21 to save the day.....

DFWJC

Reaction score

Watch the video. Accept it, don't accept it, it doesn't matter. It won't change the fact that what they are saying here is the truth and is the future for this team.

There is no chance this front office does the right thing. You are about to be saddled with the most over paid player in the league. Eating up chunks of cap space while you desperately try to put an all pro core around him to overcome all the things he can't do. Namely, play the position of QB.

Mark it down. Jerry is about to make another ginormous mistake. He is the gift that keeps on giving. For fans of the Eagles, Giants and Commanders.

Go Cowboys, bros.

They make so many great points here.
One of many was

The very top teams either
A) Have a star QB (brady, rodgers,brees and a few other) who is paid a monster deal
B) Have getting paid much less (on a rookie deal or just not as good a QB) but surrounded by great players

They are not sayi g Dakis a bad QB. Just saying they think itll hurtDallas if he gets a 27 mil/ yeartype long term deal.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I will say this with certainty.
Barring a catastrophic injury, Dak will be our starting QB in the 2019 season.
The only question is if he's on the current rookie deal next year or not

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys have the luxury of waiting until 2020 to worry about Dak. I’d sign Lawrence, Cooper, Byron, Zeke and Jaylon before I worry about Dak. His ability has hit a plateau and his performances will not greatly improve. Extending him early benefits no one but Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys have the luxury of waiting until 2020 to worry about Dak. I’d sign Lawrence, Cooper, Byron, Zeke and Jaylon before I worry about Dak. His ability has hit a plateau and his performances will not greatly improve. Extending him early benefits no one but Dak.
Uh, not really (Zeke first over Dak). Dak is earning pennies compared to Zeke. Both are signed through the end of 2019. I say sign Dak by this season's end to a friendly new deal, then sign Zeke to a new deal a year from now.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

Watch the video. Accept it, don't accept it, it doesn't matter. It won't change the fact that what they are saying here is the truth and is the future for this team.

There is no chance this front office does the right thing. You are about to be saddled with the most over paid player in the league. Eating up chunks of cap space while you desperately try to put an all pro core around him to overcome all the things he can't do. Namely, play the position of QB.

Mark it down. Jerry is about to make another ginormous mistake. He is the gift that keeps on giving. For fans of the Eagles, Giants and Commanders.

Go Cowboys, bros.

Ok we get it......we get it......we get it! You don’t like Dak. Your obsession with making sure we know this is borderline manic.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wonder if Skins' fans are worrying so much about their QB situation both present and future. Are the Giants' fans losing sleep over Eli and their QB future? Are the Eagles' fans worried about overpaying Wentz?

This is the NFL. Dak came in and beat out Romo for the job. Same thing could happen to Dak even if the Cowboys give him a new contract. NFL teams put oout whoever is best at the position. Find someone better than Dak, and that person will be playing QB.

So far, Dak has earned everything fair and square. Dak has earned the starting QB job of the Dallas Cowboys. If someone comes along and deserves it more, so be it. Until then, good luck to Dak. I hope he does well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Go Cowboys, bros.

Looks like a pencil neck east coast type blowhard and brother wearing fake glasses to look smart.

I'm sure they are experts on QBs...

How's the weather at your home there is Pennsylvania?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Go Cowboys, bros.

:hammer:

Fans watch the wins vs these sinking teams...and think everything is alright w/ the world. In reality...He stinks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Name a QB that has won without some other type of star on the offense. Folks keep saying Dak can't win without elite talent, he took a 4-12 team to 13-3.

Brady has Gronk
Rodgers has had a ton of weapons
Mahomes has a ton of weapons
Ben same thing
Brees same thing
Rivers same thing
Romo same thing
Ryan same thing

The list goes on. No QB has done it by themselves. But when talking about Dak he isn't good because he has to have weapons..... Same as anybody else.

Not only that Dak has said he isn't looking to break the bank on his next contract. Dak haters like to say he isn't worth a big contract so try and prove a point.
hold your horses. who said any QB has won without any help....it depends on type of help and what you do with them....those QBs you names ran some pretty elite offenses. top 5 on a regular basis..... those guys are given weapons, and look at what they do. holy cow.... I mean mahomes....can Das do that if he had Mahomes weapons?

and that 4-12 team was 12-4 the year before. 2-0 before they lost romo and had to go to Weeden as their QB.....Weeden!!!! let me say it again....Weeden...he was so bad...they called noodle arm cassel who was on his couch....yes at home. unsigned.... and brought him in week 4 and he started the next week and we cut Weeden....yes, that weeded.

so don't act as if that 4-12 team didn't have any talent. they did...they just had the worst QB situation....and please don't tell me Cassel won 11 games with bilicheck....that was 10 years before he came to dallas....

come on dude..... the list goes on, yes it does. and that list is all top 5 offenses.....not middling passing offense like ours.

coult44

Reaction score

Go Cowboys, bros.

Yes & No --- Right & Wrong ---

Here's why. Nobody in this camp or way of thinking never looks past the 25-30 million. But will quickly throw out the money the backup or Bradford type deals QB's are making. Like it or not, unless you have a rookie contract guy you are paying any starting in this league 20-24 million. So what are you going to do, draft another guy and hope to get lucky again for a couple years? That's ludicrous if you want to build a team. Especially when most of you who don't want to pay Dak, also don't want to pay Zeke, DLAW, or Cooper either. If you're going to pay a backup or Bradford type QB 22 million, what the freak is the difference in paying a guy like Dak, 25-28 million? Uhhhhh, It makes zero sense not to want to pay Dak 3-6 million more a year , especially if he wins the division again for 2 out of 3 years.

This coming from a guy who doesn't really like Dak that much.

Bigdog

Reaction score
How much did Brady take? It helps to marry a billionaire model. Maybe if Dak got with one of the Kardashians/Jenner girls.
True but like I have said before, Belicheck went to him after his rookie contract was up and asked him if he wanted to be paid well and won many SBs as we can build around you or do you want to be the highest paid player. I think we know the answer.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Dak has improved greatly. I love his game now. I see where he is headed and where wed like him to be. He will never be a Peyton Manning or someone like that. I do think he can reach the level of say an Andy Dalton. He wont always have great numbers but when it's time to perform he does what he needs to do. I dont feel Jerry is going to pay Dak like Stafford or Rodgers or someone like that but it'll be competitive. I doubt Dak will demand that kind of money. He will want what is fair. As long as we build around him we have an open window to the big dance