Video: The truth about the Cowboys' Dak situation

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Watch the video. Accept it, don't accept it, it doesn't matter. It won't change the fact that what they are saying here is the truth and is the future for this team.

There is no chance this front office does the right thing. You are about to be saddled with the most over paid player in the league. Eating up chunks of cap space while you desperately try to put an all pro core around him to overcome all the things he can't do. Namely, play the position of QB.

Mark it down. Jerry is about to make another ginormous mistake. He is the gift that keeps on giving. For fans of the Eagles, Giants and Commanders.

Go Cowboys, bros.

Maybe he earns his contract, maybe he doesn’t, but the premise that he screws up our salary cap is silly. Every team in the NFL proves every year that the salary cap doesn’t really matter. We didn’t get into trouble signing our own guys to below, at, or above market. Where we created salary cap he’ll was signing free agents who weren’t that good, along with the endless restructuring of Tony Romo. Pay a guy his money. If you need to get out, get out and eat the loss. It won’t hamstring you until you restructure guys over and over until you can’t afford to move on.

Dallas isn’t going to make Dak a top 5 paid QB, but he is our now and future QB, so he will be paid handsomely for the next 4 years at least.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There are at max 8 guys that are tier a.

Dak is our guy. Who would you prefer to sign to a 25mn a year 5 year contract, Dak or Dalton? Tannehill?
Why does anyone have to ne given 5 yrs at 25 per? If those are your only options (they aren't), spend 25 million elsewhere until there is someone worth paying.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Maybe he earns his contract, maybe he doesn’t, but the premise that he screws up our salary cap is silly. Every team in the NFL proves every year that the salary cap doesn’t really matter. We didn’t get into trouble signing our own guys to below, at, or above market. Where we created salary cap he’ll was signing free agents who weren’t that good, along with the endless restructuring of Tony Romo. Pay a guy his money. If you need to get out, get out and eat the loss. It won’t hamstring you until you restructure guys over and over until you can’t afford to move on.

Dallas isn’t going to make Dak a top 5 paid QB, but he is our now and future QB, so he will be paid handsomely for the next 4 years at least.

This is wrong in so many ways.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I hear you Dak haters saying that he is not the reason we win. But you all never answer the question of what Quarterback on this roster would have led this team to a 29-15 record over the last 3 years.

So, sign Dak, draft/trade for a guy to back him up until he beats him out. Don't just not sign Dak, and not have a plan.

That's what the Dak haters are all suggesting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Watch the video. Accept it, don't accept it, it doesn't matter. It won't change the fact that what they are saying here is the truth and is the future for this team.

There is no chance this front office does the right thing. You are about to be saddled with the most over paid player in the league. Eating up chunks of cap space while you desperately try to put an all pro core around him to overcome all the things he can't do. Namely, play the position of QB.

Mark it down. Jerry is about to make another ginormous mistake. He is the gift that keeps on giving. For fans of the Eagles, Giants and Commanders.

Go Cowboys, bros.

Put a bow on it Jerry. Get the deal done. :yourock::clap:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So, sign Dak, draft/trade for a guy to back him up until he beats him out. Don't just not sign Dak, and not have a plan.

That's what the Dak haters are all suggesting.
The Dak haters want the Cowboys to move on from him. The opening poster thinks the best thing for the Cowboys is to cut Dak. You either have a QB or you don't. One QB takes most of the reps in practice, you don't groom your replacement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just remember the words of Bill Parcells. “You can’t just pick up the phone and dial 1-800-QUARTERBACK”.

Dak isn’t perfect but he’s good enough. There are no free agent quarterbacks better this off season. The franchise has no number 1 pick.

So @Risen Star if your plan is to wait until the 2020 draft to pick one and start him in 2021, then start over with the offensive line, running back, and defense, count me out.

What is your plan exactly?

This is a team sport and Dak does enough to win (as witness by his 29-15 record).

Doesnt really matter actually if he isnt "good enough" at the moment. Hes only in his 3rd year as a QB. If you listen to the trolls, QB's get worse the more experience they get. Dak will get better and the team around him will get better. He will be anchoring this team for the next 5 years minimum.

robbieruff

Reaction score
i think if Jerry extends him before this deal expires, he does so at a discount (Bortles deal)...I don't think he jumps the gun and gives him elite QB level deal...my two cents.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
i think if Jerry extends him before this deal expires, he does so at a discount (Bortles deal)...I don't think he jumps the gun and gives him elite QB level deal...my two cents.
Bortles deal is way too high (as it was for Blake).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Dak haters want the Cowboys to move on from him. The opening poster thinks the best thing for the Cowboys is to cut Dak. You either have a QB or you don't. One QB takes most of the reps in practice, you don't groom your replacement.

Short of trading 2 years worth of picks for a young QB, I am all for continuing to draft young talent at QB. You should NEVER pass up on good young QB's. But you could go out there and get a kid with a top 5 pick and he wouldnt beat out Dak till 2nd or 3rd year in the league. And Dak will be getting better. He would be lucky to catch him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It doesnt matter what the trolls want. Dak is getting resigned. What a stroke of luck finding this kid in the 4th round.

I like you, CowboyRoy.

I'm glad not all of our fans are impulsive jackasses.

Dak is a McClay dude, anyway. And while people say he's not doing anything to win, he's also not costing us games with risky throws or a hero complex. As much as I loved Romo, that's the strength of Dak's game.. and the fact he can beat you running or passing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like you, CowboyRoy.

Dak is a McClay dude, anyway. And while people say he's not doing anything to win, he's also not costing us games with risky throws or a hero complex. As much as I loved Romo, that's the strength of Dak's game.. and the fact he can beat you running or passing.

Dak would be doing a lot more to help us win if he actually had help from the FO. Started with Cooper. Now they need to fix the Oline and fix the coaching. Seen what Dak can be even as a rookie when the line blocks and he has decent pass catchers to throw to. And thats with sorry coaching.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL! Interesting timing for this thread by the OP.

The night before we’re set to BURY his boy-toy Wentz.

Hmm.
:lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like you, CowboyRoy.

I did the same thing for 10 years when Romo was our QB. Always a bunch of QB dummies that think Tom Brady is the ONLY QB in the NFL. And that Tom Brady doesnt do it all on his own.

Nav22

Reaction score
No.. You can’t.

Dak doesn’t provide offense. He’s just a guy out there facilitating the offense.

To pay him money like he is a consistent playmaker would really hurt our roster.

We need to pay the guys who drive us to victory. The passengers like Dak are replaceable.
Would we be 7-5 right now if Cooper Rush was our QB?

Nope. We’d be like 3-9 at best.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Deangelo Hall has an interesting take on this. He agrees Dak isn’t elite. He’ll never be as good as Arod or even Wentz. But, on the upside, you won’t have to pay Dak top quarterback money. You’ll have more cap space to build a team around him. Guys like Arod and Wentz are awesome, but their salaries are prohibitive.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Deangelo Hall has an interesting take on this. He agrees Dak isn’t elite. He’ll never be as good as Arod or even Wentz. But, on the upside, you won’t have to pay Dak top quarterback money. You’ll have more cap space to build a team around him. Guys like Arod and Wentz are awesome, but their salaries are prohibitive.

We'll find out what we have in Dak as the season goes on, and by the end of the season next year.

Patience, grasshoppa(s).