The Video Game Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's a Far Cry from Unreal, but hopefully there won't be any Doom and gloom from the graphics requirements Fallout.
%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%AA1.jpg

:muttley:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I don't play as much video games as I used to which was very limited to begin with........
But I have to say the best game I have played as of yet is The Last of Us.
I hate zombie anything and I absolutely loved this game.
The Last of Us is great! Can't wait for part two to come out.

Tomorrow is Gamestop's pro day sale. I'm going to pick up Detroit Become Human.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Do we have any racing game fans on here? Forza Horizon 4 demo just dropped on the Xbox store. These are excellent open world racing games.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Probably going to pre-order Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold edition for PS4 for the wife, may get the PC version myself. They added lots of RPG elements to the game which has piqued my interest. Also may get Red Dead Redemption coming out later in October, both of these look like Game of the Year material.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Probably going to pre-order Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold edition for PS4 for the wife, may get the PC version myself. They added lots of RPG elements to the game which has piqued my interest. Also may get Red Dead Redemption coming out later in October, both of these look like Game of the Year material.
Yeah I'm definitely on-board to check out Red Dead Redemption 2. It's building a lot of hype. Hopefully it'll stand up to it.

aria

Reaction score
Battlefield is my go to. Finished Far Cry awhile back and recently finished God of War.

I rented Last of Us but have only played 5 minutes or so. Any opinions on this? I want to keep playing but I use Game Fly and can only have two games out at once. With the influx of new games coming out (Assassins Creed, Red Dead, Battlefield) in the next month or two I was thinkg of returning Last of Us and renting it again later if it’s worth it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Battlefield is my go to. Finished Far Cry awhile back and recently finished God of War.

I rented Last of Us but have only played 5 minutes or so. Any opinions on this? I want to keep playing but I use Game Fly and can only have two games out at once. With the influx of new games coming out (Assassins Creed, Red Dead, Battlefield) in the next month or two I was thinkg of returning Last of Us and renting it again later if it’s worth it.

Yeah I plan on putting some time into Battlefield V myself. The demo was solid, I thought. I'm trying to remember if I played Last of Us. Seems familiar but if it's the game I think it is, I did the exact same thing. I started it and then it got thrown to the side for something else. I have Gamefly as well. Great service.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

The Last of US is definitely worth your time. I like all the games you mentioned, and can say I remember more about L of Us in general than most video game stories. God of War took elements from that game in terms of the father-son relationship story that was told over the course of the game. You can run through it pretty quick tbh if you got a binge day.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Nowadays with my time limited, I really only play Madden.

I have been picking up Assassins Creed for a few years but have never really finished them, so I'm a Madden only guy for now. As well as the Star Wars Battlefront series.

Sometimes I'll pick up a FPS, but I don't play intensely.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I've played games since I was a kid. Now I have 2 kids, married and work close to 60 hours a week. I still find time to play a game. I tell my wife it's my alone time. I dont want to think about the real world. So please leave me alone.

I really do need an xbox one x though I already have the 4k TV so I'm missing out.