The Vikings Defense & What To Lookout For In The Cowboys Wk 8 Matchup (Long Version So Watch IT!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Not much analysis, and only footage from 2 games the Browns and Panthers game.

Creeper

Reaction score
A couple of thoughts on this video. First, the video makes the Vikings seem like a defensive powerhouse. But they can give up points. And Dallas has a really good offense. I think the combination of the Cowboys receivers and RBs is going to give the Vikings problems. Also, Dak is not Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold, who has clearly fallen apart since he faced Dallas. He was so bad last week against the Giants, his HC benched him at the beginning of the 4th quarter down only 12 points.

I am more worried about the Vikings offense. They make chunks plays more than anyone in the league. Dallas gives up a lot of chunk plays. I can see the Vikings putting up 30 points against Dallas by running and throwing.

I wanted the Cowboys to sign Tomlinson in the offseason. Now we get to see him push Biadasz or Connor Williams into the QB. Let's hope these tow offensive linemen have gotten better with some time off.

The Cowboys will have to play better than they played against NE to win. Playing in Minny is difficult and the Vikings are a good team anyway. The Cowboys cannot commit 10 penalties and turn it over twice and win this game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A couple of thoughts on this video. First, the video makes the Vikings seem like a defensive powerhouse. But they can give up points. And Dallas has a really good offense. I think the combination of the Cowboys receivers and RBs is going to give the Vikings problems. Also, Dak is not Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold, who has clearly fallen apart since he faced Dallas. He was so bad last week against the Giants, his HC benched him at the beginning of the 4th quarter down only 12 points.

I am more worried about the Vikings offense. They make chunks plays more than anyone in the league. Dallas gives up a lot of chunk plays. I can see the Vikings putting up 30 points against Dallas by running and throwing.

I wanted the Cowboys to sign Tomlinson in the offseason. Now we get to see him push Biadasz or Connor Williams into the QB. Let's hope these tow offensive linemen have gotten better with some time off.

The Cowboys will have to play better than they played against NE to win. Playing in Minny is difficult and the Vikings are a good team anyway. The Cowboys cannot commit 10 penalties and turn it over twice and win this game.
This isn’t Belichick and his referees. We don’t have to play better. We just have to play the same. We’re not gonna get those stupid calls

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys playing sloppy football . Even playing the way we have been and putting up 40 points. We win this game by 10. Vikings average 30 points a game. And they playing the best football. I don’t know why everybody so Worried

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Uh.. yea...
The Vikings are giving up the 4th most rushing yards per carry at 4.8.
The main issue is they are still a Zimmer cover 2 team mostly.
They have actually been good versus the pass.--tho they've faced very few real aerial attacks.

The Vikings started 1-3 but recovered to .500 with wins over Carolina and Detroit. The Carolina win coming in OT.

I know this game will mean a lot to Zimmer and with Dak's status up in air I'd avoid betting on this game.

But Minny is not a real good team. They are the very definition of middle of the road. Cook has only played 4 games and of those 2 were good and 2 were duds. Minny actually lost 3 of those 4 games.

The constructive criticism I'd offer with these breakdowns are myriad but I'd start with an over-reliance on 1 or 2 games.
Baker Mayfield was playing injured. Minny had no real concern about Baker going deep because he couldn't throw it like that.
Why waste 15 minutes detailing a defense versus a wounded QB???
Why not spend at least 5 minutes covering the basic rankings of the defense you are breaking down??
How have they fared versus franchise QBs?

If Connor Rush is at QB I expect the Minny defense to perform just as described in the video.