"The Walking Dead" graphic novel is dead

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not read the comics but 193 issues is not a bad run.

Nope.

Kirkman said at one point he had enough material for 300 issues.

But he probably got bored with it.

I think the writing was on the wall when Rick was killed in the graphic novel. Supposedly his death was the last one within its pages.

I can't find the quote but Kirkman said at that this story was Rick's story and that ended up being true.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

Kirkman said at one point he had enough material for 300 issues.

But he probably got bored with it.

I think the writing was on the wall when Rick was killed in the graphic novel. Supposedly his death was the last one within its pages.

I can't find the quote but Kirkman said at that this story was Rick's story and that ended up being true.

While that is unexpected news, I expect interest in the TV show to continue to decline to where it will likely end within the next two years as well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While that is unexpected news, I expect interest in the TV show to continue to decline to where it will likely end within the next two years as well.

You're probably right.

The post-Whisperers arc is the one that finished out the graphic novel and features more political shenanigans rather than zombie mayhem and I'm not sure how that will translate to the TV show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're probably right.

The post-Whisperers arc is the one that finished out the graphic novel and features more political shenanigans rather than zombie mayhem and I'm not sure how that will translate to the TV show.

I see fans leaving the show in droves while clueless writers and producers think there's room for vast expansion. I think the writing is on the wall, and the clock is ticking.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see fans leaving the show in droves while clueless writers and producers think there's room for vast expansion. I think the writing is on the wall, and the clock is ticking.

Supposedly there's a third "Walking Dead" show on the horizon that takes place in China.

Don't know about the wisdom of that.

I think the whole zombie thing deserves to be buried at this point... But a show that focused on the beginning of the event would interest me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly there's a third "Walking Dead" show on the horizon that takes place in China.

I think the whole zombie thing deserves to be buried at this point... But a show that focused on the beginning of the event would interest me.

Very well said. That’s where I think they can succeed as well. Stop spinning your wheels running around the woods and start giving some actual answers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

That would be kinda cool, especially of they did it in an anthology series type fashion. They could do a series where they did something like a 3-4 episode blocks focusing on the initial outbreak in assorted locations and/or circumstances. Situations like what happened in the beginning at the White House, CDC or inner city New York, or a big military base like Ft Hood, or aboard an international flight, during a big sporting or concert event. The announcers say some crazy fan is out on the field, turns out it's a zombie and ends up biting a player....lol They could explore how different parts of the world reacted during the initial outbreak like Russia or North Korea, maybe some small village in the Amazon or Africa.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be kinda cool, especially of they did it in an anthology series type fashion. They could do a series where they did something like a 3-4 episode blocks focusing on the initial outbreak in assorted locations and/or circumstances. Situations like what happened in the beginning at the White House, CDC or inner city New York, or a big military base like Ft Hood, or aboard an international flight, during a big sporting or concert event. The announcers say some crazy fan is out on the field, turns out it's a zombie and ends up biting a player....lol They could explore how different parts of the world reacted during the initial outbreak like Russia or North Korea, maybe some small village in the Amazon or Africa.

Oooooo!

That would be a big win!