The worst part is there is no hope going forward

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What scares me now after waking up to him a little more is that people keep saying “well if we add some Oline” etc. Having a guy that needs top Oline, RBs, WRs etc all around is a resource drain because it has to be perfect. We had no injuries this year in the playoffs except Gallup. We need to have leadership that isn’t soft

They have no choice with Dak. That contract is signed and sealed. All they can do is wait it out.

We got 3 more seasons of this.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What scares me now after waking up to him a little more is that people keep saying “well if we add some Oline” etc. Having a guy that needs top Oline, RBs, WRs etc all around is a resource drain because it has to be perfect. We had no injuries this year in the playoffs except Gallup. We need to have leadership that isn’t soft

I dont think its just Dak I think its our full group of leaders...and at this point we need to reset all of them...we watched the last group continue to never deliver while we said "We are almost there"...we are stuck in JJ spin cycle and fear those same words are comming .."We will add some pieces to this strong core"..no this core is not strong together...its time to reset for once and not repeat the last 25+ years..get new blood here like start with cutting anyone who coached or played with JG. Of course when I say cut find outs for..We will wake up soon and Philly will have flown by us after rebuilding twice while we use this core. Same thing happened with our "Almost there" Romo core.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.
The problem is the ownership and country club mentality. No coach will overcome that. Jerry wouldn’t allow a strong coach. In my opinion I think we pray Moore goes. Cut Zeke. Draft his replacement in Rd 4. Draft OL, DT and LB. mortgage the future for a couple free agents and go all in next year. They have to. Salary cap
hell awaits and several key guys like Lawrence, Smith, Martin and Cooper are in the last stages. Go all in. All the way.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.
Until we have change at the top
The future is not very bright indeed

lk8701

Reaction score
Joe Lacob fired Mark Jackson after 3 seasons despite The Warriors improved record each season and 2 straight playoff appearances. Why? Because he isn't complacent and he saw an opportunity to upgrade. Steve Kerr will go down as one of the top 5 coaches in NBA history. Complacency is Jerry Jones biggest downfall. He did it with JG and now MM.

https://www.statscrew.com/basketball/stats/c-jacksma01

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Feel free to turn in your fan card. No one will miss you here.

Werent you the guy that said the Cowboys would be doomed to mediocrity for the next 10 years? First season out we went 12-5 and made the playoffs.

FYI...........mediocrity is 8-8 or 8-9 and missing the playoffs.

Its like anyone listens to your drivel anyway. At least you know Zeke sucks. Some of the quacks on here still think he is a great RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Feel free to turn in your fan card. No one will miss you here.

Werent you the guy that said the Cowboys would be doomed to mediocrity for the next 10 years? First season out we went 12-5 and made the playoffs.

FYI...........mediocrity is 8-8 or 8-9 and missing the playoffs.

Its like anyone listens to your drivel anyway. At least you know Zeke sucks. Some of the quacks on here still think he is a great RB.

If people want a real opinion send them my way. If they want a fake Pom Pom in hand opinion I’ll send them your way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If people want a real opinion send them my way. If they want a fake Pom Pom in hand opinion I’ll send them your way.

Why would anyone care about your opinion? LOL

Werent you the guy just a week ago that said we would win a playoff game Mr Pom pom? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s always hope but I think the end result of this season is going to cause a lot more fans to lose hope.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why would anyone care about your opinion? LOL

Werent you the guy just a week ago that said we would win a playoff game Mr Pom pom? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

Probably because I was right about what our QB was for years. While delusionals like you said he was elite.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Probably because I was right about what our QB was for years. While delusionals like you said he was elite.

Is that why you thought we would win a playoff game because Dak sucks like you claim?

Dak elite? I have Dak as top 7. I dont consider top 7 to be Elite.

Nice call on the Cowboys winning a playoff game there Mr Pom Pom. :muttley:

stiletto

Reaction score
There’s always hope but I think the end result of this season is going to cause a lot more fans to lose hope.

I agree. A lot I know are kind of numb. Not mad just numb and tired of it. Like if they couldn't get over the hump with an improved (seemingly) defense then it's never going to happen. I kind of feel the same.

jnday

Reaction score
What ignorant is you think there's no hope for this team. Talk about clueless and ignorant...lol
Exactly what should the fanbase have hope for if major changes are not made? There is not any combination of players and coaches in Dallas that gives hope for ever fielding a Super Bowl team. I would say that denying the problems with coaching, players and the GM is pure ignorance. As it stands, this team has nowhere to go but down. What you saw in the 49ers game is as good as it gets with these coaches and players. If you watched carefully and didn’t become overly impressed with Dallas beating weak NFCE teams, you could easily see that Dallas can not win against the good teams in the league. The one and only hope for this team is a massive overhaul of coaches and players. Even then, the problem with the GM will still exist and there is a good chance that the team will still have problems that can not be overcome .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. A lot I know are kind of numb. Not mad just numb and tired of it. Like if they couldn't get over the hump with an improved (seemingly) defense then it's never going to happen. I kind of feel the same.

Had we won on Sunday and Dak played a great game and even if we went on to lose to Tampa fans would feel a lot better than they do now. That would have at least given us some hope for next season. Sunday’s loss showed we’re not even close.

stiletto

Reaction score
Had we won on Sunday and Dak played a great game and even if we went on to lose to Tampa fans would feel a lot better than they do now. That would have at least given us some hope for next season. Sunday’s loss showed we’re not even close.

Yep, completely wasted season and half the team will be different next year almost. Not sure how any fan can be too optimistic.