The worst part is there is no hope going forward

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
What head coach is going to affect culture change with the omnipresent owner and son?

In Dallas, you are rewarded when mediocre, you are rewarded when you show even a half season of playing competence. In Dallas, the guys that are given contracts (incorrectly) are gifted playing time despite their backup being a more effective player.

I’m not telling you McCarthy is great, but who in the hell is going to accomplish anything substantial here with the current and forever setup?

KB1122

Reaction score
I know you don't want to hear it but it is the truth. We need to invest heavily in the O line to try to get something out of the 40 million dollar man. It will come at the cost of building the defense but it is what it is and it sucks. There is no other option.

You're not supposed to help the 40 million man. He's supposed to help the other guys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coaching change? Who do you have in mind that will be allowed to change this culture?

Coaching is more symptomatic; management is causal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.
Only Quitters don't have hope....

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Look at your team and see what's holding you back? If its the quarterback and offense go get a guy that can get the most out of dak, its simple.

GINeric

Reaction score
McCarthy sucks. Deal with it. We couldn’t win even when we had Dak last season. It made no difference.

See here we go... YOU said there were other first year coaches who overcame the same issues that McCarthy had to overcome last year. I asked you WHO THEY WERE??? You were unable to back up your accusations with a list of coaches and now the the deflecting happens.

Piece of advice, if you're going to bring other coaches into the fold to support your agenda, atleast be able to provide proof. Otherwise it comes across as a baseless lie.

TWOK11

Reaction score
This is absurd

Things were far more hopeless around here going into 2014 and 2016 than they are now. The 2013-2014 offseason was miserable. 2016 after Romo got hurt felt like a funeral.

The NFL is a year to year league. This isn’t college football.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What head coach is going to affect culture change with the omnipresent owner and son?

In Dallas, you are rewarded when mediocre, you are rewarded when you show even a half season of playing competence. In Dallas, the guys that are given contracts (incorrectly) are gifted playing time despite their backup being a more effective player.

I’m not telling you McCarthy is great, but who in the hell is going to accomplish anything substantial here with the current and forever setup?

Yeah, unfortunately, he has a track record of running strong willed coaches out of town.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak certainly didn’t have a good game but was he less productive than our 90 million RB or 100 million WR and how about our All Pro slot receiver with only 1 catch. And how many drives were killed by penalties by OL which couldn’t protect with only 4 rushing most of the game.

If you see our QB as the weakest link yesterday I’d suggest opening both eyes . And no , our QB isn’t good enough to overcome these other contributing factors. Not many are.
The Jeopardy category is QBs...

Hi Alex, I'll take a QB that is capable for 40 million please.

Ozone22

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.
Yesterday while watching the game I kept wondering what the team would look like if they had the other HC. This team has morphed into Mike McCarthy. A guy that basically got the job telling a lie. This team has been one of the biggest lies in all of sports. From the start of season Jerry knew the best way to sell the lie was have them featured on Hard Knocks. Year after year we the fans fall for lie. The real question is when will this fan base have enough of the madness and being lied to? Last night after the game some showed their frustration with this organization. Do I can condone what they did? No. But do I understand their frustration? YES I DO!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Spot on. You nailed it. A coaching change is the only possible way to turn this around. You said you don’t know how to fix it, but you provided the only solution.

Another powerless coach will not change the culture. Remember who hires said coach.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You have to pay dak, nothing says he has a right to play. Bring in someone that will compete with him.
Yeah I was thinking the same. Dak has a no trade clause, but if he's sitting on the bench his agent will not like that from a marketing perspective. Could help that no trade clause go away real fast.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Eh, I don’t want to argue about it. I’ve seen Dak with a great Oline. It’s still nothing special that can win us a championship.

He’ll never have a perfect team and he’s paid to carry the team not the other way.

Improving all of these other things mean nothing if we go behind in a game and our QB goes into a shell all the time.

Can’t play awful teams every week.

Since 2000, 14 QBs that were objectively worse than Dak Prescott have made it to the Super Bowl. That’s not including Eli Manning and Matt Ryan, who only on their absolute best days from their best seasons would be regarded as better.

It’s complete nonsense that you can’t win the NFC and make the SB with Dak Prescott. Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme, Nick Foles and Kerry Collins all did that for gods sake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Jeopardy category is QBs...

Hi Alex, I'll take a QB that is capable for 40 million please.
The fact is we should have passed on Dak for 40 million.

And passed on Elliott for 90 million And we wouldn’t have needed Cooper for a 100 million.

Our dysfunctional ownership over pays and over hyped their talent because it sells hope , jerseys and puts butts in the stands and viewers on TV.

Then scramble in damage control fashion looking for scapegoats when it falls flat on its face. Our lack of discipline and country club culture all stems from the top and the one constant throughout this era regardless the talent or coaching,