The Young Wonder Boy Offensive Genius

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IceBowler, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

11,120 Messages
    6,536 Likes Received
    The young offensive "guru" was schooled and his team scored 3 points, yes the Hoodie shut them down in a dominant fashion, the Hoodie is a defensive minded coach and did what he does, no big surprise.

The offensive "guru" also had two weeks to prepare and did not do jack squat in this game on offense, yes he was outcoached.

The Patriots scored 13 points in a defensive struggle but scored the games only TD.

Wade had a great game plan but it was simply not enough.

No shocker here at all!

2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

16,092 Messages
    10,327 Likes Received
    TWO WEEKS of prep! Doesn’t matter against who.

McVay is a dud. Wade is his usual collapse at the apex of big games. Goff looked horrid. Blame is placed squarely at the loser’s feet!

3 points! Well done Rams.

3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

28,823 Messages
    22,138 Likes Received
    I’ll take that lame young wonder boy as HC any day of the week.

4. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

18,461 Messages
    12,032 Likes Received
    Yeah. He "outsmarted" himself. It was somewhat predictable.

It was also predictable that at some point Goff would piss the game off of the Patriots got pressure on him.

As a side note Brady looked pretty pedestrian last night.

5. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,107 Messages
    1,526 Likes Received
    The truth is that McVay did a really good job overall and got schooled by the best that's ever been.

He got better results than Garrett ever did in the playoffs, by miles.

Chocolate Lab and links18 like this.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

25,541 Messages
    4,420 Likes Received
    Football is a funny game. McVay can indeed get better and still end up achieving less than he did this season. There are so many variables that there is no guarantee he ever coaches in the Superbowl again.

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

14,674 Messages
    27,958 Likes Received
    Are you really gonna try to contradict the opinion of someone who didn't even have to watch the game to form his? :laugh:

BoysForLife likes this.
  8. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

11,120 Messages
    6,536 Likes Received
    Comparatively to what we got...YES!

9. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

14,674 Messages
    27,958 Likes Received
    He usually does, when he's under a decent amount of pressure.

10. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    9,413 Likes Received
    Well you missed a really bad game
    The game was bad, the commercials were bad, the half time show was bad, they even messed up the post game interviews
    A young QB vs a defensive genius
    The box score didn’t real tell how bad it was

kskboys likes this.
  11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

11,291 Messages
    13,112 Likes Received
    Huh? Wade was masterful. Held the might Pats to a mere 13 pts. I'm not a Wade fan at all, but he was great.

12. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

6,675 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Cooks catches the 2 Td passes....Goff is the next nick foles

kskboys likes this.
  13. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

7,901 Messages
    8,245 Likes Received
    I think it's hilarious that McVay mentioned not visiting the white house after a Super Bowl win.
    Uh...Ooops.

14. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,042 Messages
    6,690 Likes Received
    McVey will learn from his face off with the zen master of defense. But sometimes a coach can only call the plays. Its up to the players to execute. Goff gave the Rams no chance.

15. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

8,429 Messages
    13,042 Likes Received
    McVay was outcoached, but Goff also missed plenty of chances. Goff was late on throws and reads, inaccurate, didn't see open receivers, poor anticipation, poor pocket presence and took bad sacks. The game was very winnable if Goff didn't completely freeze up, the game was too big for him.

kskboys likes this.
  16. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

13,833 Messages
    11,296 Likes Received
    Yeah, he was schooled by the GOAT. It's not like he went up against a scrub...

A lot of you are reaching to make McVay seem overrated - he took a 4 win team to a Super Bowl 2 years into his HC career. He's great, we have carrot top.

kskboys and cowboyblue22 like this.
  17. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

11,120 Messages
    6,536 Likes Received
    You can redirect "a lot of you" talk because I think McVay has done a fine job overall but I am not overrating him either.

He was schooled in the game that matters most and is not there yet, the proof is in the pudding.

Nothing to argue, his offense was dominated, 3 points, he has to suck it up buttercup type thing.

You will notice I liked the Sarge post above saying I will take McVay regardless, let us not make stuff up!

Yes, we have carrot top no argument there either.

18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

10,230 Messages
    7,609 Likes Received
    Wade has proven throughout his career to be a very good defensive coordinator. Unfortunately for him the same can't be said about him as a head coach.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    kskboys likes this.
  19. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

13,833 Messages
    11,296 Likes Received
    Yes, but again, what is the point here? I don't understand what we are supposed to be taking from this? Sean McVay got his team to the Super Bowl, a young offense got outsmarted by a guy who has been outsmarting the league for decades....

The issue I take here is, this thread is supposed to be laughing at McVay or something. Why? And let's not pretend McVay and Phillips didn't come up with a good gameplan for the defensive side of the ball, they did shut down Brady for most of the game.

The Pats D was somewhat underrated this year and they progressively got better, same way with the Rams too. I believe PFF has Gilmore ranked as the best corner and McCourty is in the top 10. So, that D was no slouch.

If this tells us anything, it would be how valuable the back end of defenses are and why we should do our best to keep someone like Byron Jones around and try our best to get a guy like Earl Thomas in here.

20. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

11,120 Messages
    6,536 Likes Received
    Well, my points stands, McVay is a good young coach but was not good enough in the big game, yet!

Just like you are saying, some are underrating the guy, some were also overrating the same guy, so a corrective is at play on both sides of the equation.

There are those that polarize but not everyone in this thread.

Garrett sucks and yes McVay is much better and given the option I would take McVay all day.

Yes, defense still wins championships and an attacking pass rush and solid back end play will win a title for you.

Yet, you still have to score more points than your opponent.

Yes on ET.