Video: TheHerd: Will Dak be able to defeat Wilson and Seahawks?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Like most NFL playoff games, it comes down to the quarterback battle in the end.

Last two games against Seattle, Dak has 1 TD and 4 picks. He has to be far better this time.
Can't keep dwelling on past games. Dak has improved significally since then. He beat the best and has come a long way. Every qb in the league has bad games. There shouldn't have to be a quarterback battle in the end. The battle should be the entire game to win this matchup.

What does come down to the end is our defense. I have a feeling both our O & D will be clicking. Our Boys know whats on the line and trust me when I say this, so does GARRETT. Dallas will improve to 8-1 at home & end up playing the Saints in their house. Count on it!

erod

Reaction score
It’s easy to take the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson combo here and run, but that feels like a trap. This Dallas defense is too good to ignore, and I think our Boys just might be somewhat special this year. That's not even mentioning their 7-1 at home. ;)

I want to agree, but I watched Indy just pulverize this defense, then Tampa moved the ball very well against it, then the Giants last week (which was meaningless, I know.)

The defense hasn't been dominant lately. It needs to flip the switch again.

erod

Reaction score
Can't keep dwelling on the past. Dak has improved significally since then. He beat the best and has come a long way. Every qb in the league has bad games. There shouldn't be a qb battle at the end. The battle should be the entire game to win this matchup. What does come down to the end is our defense. I have a feeling both our O & D will be clicking. Our Boys know whats on the line and trust me when I say this, so does GARRETT.

Well, it's probably going to be Dak versus Wilson in the end of a tight, low-scoring game in the end.

Best quarterback Saturday wins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dallas running the ball is a given but I do think success or failure in post season will come down to Dak stepping up and playing good ball. I think this is why Dallas put an emphasis on passing the ball this past game to work on this part of the offense. While Dak had some mistakes for the most part he played damn good ball and he will have to step up in post season

dfense

Reaction score
I would stake my life and that of my family that Dak cannot beat the Seahawks.

Now, can the Cowboys beat the Seahawks? Sure, that's certainly possible if the team plays it's best game. But if Prescott goes out there solo and plays offense and defense by himself against the Seahawks, 1 against 11 both ways, then no way he wins. I'm certain of it.
Its ju
I would stake my life and that of my family that Dak cannot beat the Seahawks.

Now, can the Cowboys beat the Seahawks? Sure, that's certainly possible if the team plays it's best game. But if Prescott goes out there solo and plays offense and defense by himself against the Seahawks, 1 against 11 both ways, then no way he wins. I'm certain of it.
Well, I hope then for your families sake, Dak gets hurt and Cooper saves the day.
;)

lukin2006

Reaction score
I can not take anything this clown says seriously. On a show earlier in the year he said Dak was only a slightly better version of Tebow...show where Tebow passed for over 400 yards and 380 in 4 game span to close out the season.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If Dak plays like he did Sunday we’ll win the Super Bowl.

I doubt we see that Dak again though and we get the news normal Dak.

Dallas should win this game. We are the better team and we’re at home.

Wilson is good but he shouldn’t be able to single handedly beat this team and that is what he will have to do.
Seattle has 2 dam good receivers, a very good RB and a good run blocking O line. Their O is not just Wilson. We are going to beat Seattle’s team!! I’m confident( have almost never said this)our coaches are going to have good game plans on Offense and Defense. The Giants game should give our Offensive coaches the confidence to unleash Dak. Let him throw the ball early and often, then steam roll them with Zek later in the game. If we go conservative, run, run, pass, I don’t like our chances!

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Fortunately, I have confidence that Dak will play very well. He plays big in big moments. Always has..

He needs to complete the throws that he has missed this season. Wide open WR's and does not connect. Yes, he has had time in the pocket on some of these throws. He's just missing , leaving points on the field. He also needs to not hold onto the ball so long in the pocket. He does that, that will make Dallas more dangerous in the playoffs. It does really ride on how he performs. I know he needs help, every QB does. But, he changes a couple of things. And, they'd be really tough to beat.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Like most NFL playoff games, it comes down to the quarterback battle in the end.

Last two games against Seattle, Dak has 1 TD and 4 picks. He has to be far better this time.

I don't necessarily think it ever comes down to "the QB battle." Dak sucking would certainly make it difficult, but there's a lot of other parts to the game.

erod

Reaction score
I don't necessarily think it ever comes down to "the QB battle." Dak sucking would certainly make it difficult, but there's a lot of other parts to the game.

Only if you have a truly dominant defense, which this is not. Dallas has a good defense, far better than we've had in a long time. But it's not dominant.

The playoffs are about quarterbacks, first and foremost.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With most of the sports shows picking Seattle this was a nice change.

All other things equal, they have Wilson and we have Dak? Wilson is one of the best in my opinion. As clutch as it gets. I don't see us beating the Seahawks in a playoff game. But it has more to do with the Oline, coaching, and then yah, Dak isn't Wilson at this point.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Only if you have a truly dominant defense, which this is not. Dallas has a good defense, far better than we've had in a long time. But it's not dominant.

The playoffs are about quarterbacks, first and foremost.

Playoffs are still football...and that is always about the team. QBs are important, but not close to everything. Great QBs with lesser teams lose in the playoffs. Average QBs with good teams win in the playoffs.
If anything, playoff football is more about the defense.

J-man

Reaction score
Big D needs to "out tough" the hawks. They always seem to punk us. We need to come swinging, hit them and the mouth and let them know it's gonna be a fight.

kskboys

Reaction score
Playoffs are still football...and that is always about the team. QBs are important, but not close to everything. Great QBs with lesser teams lose in the playoffs. Average QBs with good teams win in the playoffs.
If anything, playoff football is more about the defense.
NE wins the super bowl last year w/ any D at all.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I can not take anything this clown says seriously. On a show earlier in the year he said Dak was only a slightly better version of Tebow...show where Tebow passed for over 400 yards and 380 in 4 game span to close out the season.
he also compared Dak to Russel Wilson back in june or july.....then during the season said
stop comparing Dak to Wilson.
HE WAS THE ONE COMPARING THEM.
now he says russel is a truck and Dak is a trailor.
I cant keep up with this clown...he is all-over the road.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I want to agree, but I watched Indy just pulverize this defense, then Tampa moved the ball very well against it, then the Giants last week (which was meaningless, I know.)

The defense hasn't been dominant lately. It needs to flip the switch again.

Defense definitely has geared down since the Eagles game but they need to bring an intensity and physicalness like they did against the Saints or the seahawks will run all over us.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fortunately, I have confidence that Dak will play very well. He plays big in big moments. Always has..

I disagree unless losing to seattle last year in a must win game wasn't big enough. One of Daks many no touchdown games.

lukin2006

Reaction score
he also compared Dak to Russel Wilson back in june or july.....then during the season said
stop comparing Dak to Wilson.
HE WAS THE ONE COMPARING THEM.
now he says russel is a truck and Dak is a trailor.
I cant keep up with this clown...he is all-over the road.

Exactly. I am one who is not Dak biggest fan, but he is clutch and seems to have that it factor. So I am curious as to how he would do with a better QB coach and OC.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Run the ball, play action pass, stop the run, and be sound on special teams. They’ll be fine if they can do that.