Twitter: There may not be kickoffs in the future

John813

Reaction score
Concussions have gone up because the NFL is one, paying a lot more attention to it and two, continues to redefine what gets recorded officially as a concussion.

Nah you just rung your bell. Rub some dirt in it and keep playing.

ghst187

Reaction score
This all stems from the wussification of men in the U.S. These are grown men getting paid millions and know the risks of football when they sign up. If I had the physical tools to be lucky enough to be one of 1000 ppl in the world to play I would sign up, to set my family up for life financially, even if I died at 50.

I wouldn’t say that, I think the athletes have gotten so big, strong, and fast that now you can have 300 pound men running 4.6 40s slamming into each other...and I think now there is also an awakening as far as realizing truly the injuries, esp brain injuries, and their long term effects.
However if we start taking th contact out of the game, it becomes less appealing to fans, loses money, so double edged sword for the league...or they take their chance and get sued into their oblivion by former players with CTE.

conner01

Reaction score
What pct of concussions happen on kickoffs seems to me would be the issue
Seems like most I see are receivers bouncing their head backwards on the ground
Those may just be more obvious but I’d be interested in the numbers
I’m all for making the game safer but it should be fact based

gmoney112

Reaction score
You can't argue every other rule change in preventing concussions and then stomp your feet on this.

Punts are next.

Or, you can just accept the fact that the potential for true generational wealth has a price. Life ain't fair.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
might as well just let each team have the ball at the twenty-five hard line and start it from there with the way the kickers mostly kick the ball now its pretty much been taken away as far as scoring is concerned

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that, I think the athletes have gotten so big, strong, and fast that now you can have 300 pound men running 4.6 40s slamming into each other...and I think now there is also an awakening as far as realizing truly the injuries, esp brain injuries, and their long term effects.
However if we start taking th contact out of the game, it becomes less appealing to fans, loses money, so double edged sword for the league...or they take their chance and get sued into their oblivion by former players with CTE.
Taking contact out of football is like taking the bat away from the player in baseball. It doesn't even make sense. I'm gonna go make a sandwich with no bread now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you want to completely eliminate all concussions in football the only solution is to ban the sport. You can have 50 anti concussion rules..it wont change a thing!! In fact,I may argue it will cause more injuries..ie to knees.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’m fine with no kickoffs . Aren’t like about 75% already downed in the end zone ?
No the smart coaches aka belichek started a trend that if you have good special teams you will stop the opponents from reaching the 25 if you kick it inside the 5 yard line with lots of hang time. There were actually more kickoffs not touched back with the rule change.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I vote they keep them...its part f the game and with little FOOT being used on the FOOTball we need them.. you cant rule football out of football..the new Helmet hitting rule is insane..now what you cant use the facemask, form tackling involves full facemask smashed up against the chest..now that a personal foul possibly targeting..at some point this will e flag football, thankyou Roger Goodall...AND ill be gone as a fan when football stops looking like football and some backyard scrimmage with flag rules or two hand touch....

Rayman70

Reaction score
I vote they keep them...its part f the game and with little FOOT being used on the FOOTball we need them.. you cant rule football out of football..the new Helmet hitting rule is insane..now what you cant use the facemask, form tackling involves full facemask smashed up against the chest..now that a personal foul possibly targeting..at some point this will e flag football, thankyou Roger Goodall...AND ill be gone as a fan when football stops looking like football and some backyard scrimmage with flag rules or two hand touch....
its not football in its purest form any longer under this new rule.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Take away the hard helmets and go back to leather helmets. That would solve every head injury problem the game has
lol...my daddy played when they had like 1 bar on the helmet...some still had no bars..but your right actually. He did break his nose though..which is prolly why they went to the face masks.