'There's a New Beast of the East'

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It's only week 5. I'm sure the Giants would lay claim to that title as well.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I was one of the few who thought they would be good this year. Yes, I'm surprised they're 4-1, but not that surprised.

What held them back last year was Gibbs' stubbornness to play his old-school type of football instead of adjusting his team to the current schemes in this league, b/c frankly, that's all he knew.

Zorn has done a much better job in exploiting matchups.

Like I said-it pains me to type this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's early Oct.

I'll admit the Redskirts are playing well.

But it's a long way to January.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're playing well and feeling confident. Good for them. They've gotten all three NFC East road games out of the way and came out of it at 4-1. Now they've got their cupcakes coming up and should very well be 7-1 at the end of it.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys need to get their mojo back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I give Washington Credit right now they are playing the best in the NFC East but there is a long way to go before all is said and done. Going into the season I expected the East to be the best in the NFL and thus far it is showing itself to be just that but I'm not ready to crown Washington the king of the hill just yet.

dguinta1

Reaction score
stasheroo;2312442 said:
They're playing well and feeling confident. Good for them. They've gotten all three NFC East road games out of the way and came out of it at 4-1. Now they've got their cupcakes coming up and should very well be 7-1 at the end of it.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys need to get their mojo back.

:hammer:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2312420 said:
they did beat us,..... :rolleyes:

Yes, but peaking early is a recipe for disaster in this league. We SWEPT the Giants last year in the regular season, only to see them hand us a loss in the playoffs, and go on to win the Super Bowl.

We peaked way too early last year, only to collapse in December and January. I would rather peak in December.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Still early in the season, but going 4-1 during the hardest stretch of the schedule, and playing pretty well during that stretch puts us in a very good spot.

With the division games at home now, and all the road games very winnable now, I feel pretty good about this team's chances

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2312420 said:
they did beat us,..... :rolleyes:

And if we had beaten them people would complain about HOW we beat them. Some folks are just never happy, myself included at times.

It's too early in the season to anoint the Deadskins or anybody else. All I know is when we put pressure on and sacked Campbell, he could do nothing like any other QB. If the Cowboys ever get around to playing 4 quarters of consistent, hard-nosed football, they will walk all over Washington and everybody else. We have yet to see it, though.

hermitkid

Reaction score
Listening to what the players had to say after the game you don't really got the feeling that they were buying into the hype. They're all talking about taking it one game a time and not getting ahead of themselves.

That said, a certain level of exuberance following the game is certainly understandable.

Nobody gave Washington a chance going into the season and with 3 out of the first 5 games on the road against division rivals it looked like Washington was going to be in the hole early.