There's a silver lining to either SF/PHI game outcome

_sturt_

Reaction score
And maybe I just don't read enough, but it feels like it's flown over many heads that...

Sure a PHI loss at least makes it theoretically plausible that we win the division, assuming we take care of business next Sunday and assuming that Seattle performs as well against them as they did against us....

But a SF loss might be just as if not more beneficial because it would give them 4 losses, and puts us in control of home field advantage over them come playoff time.

Hey. We deserve to watch a game that we don't have to stress about who wins or loses, right? I think so.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And maybe I just don't read enough, but it feels like it's flown over many heads that...

Sure a PHI loss at least makes it theoretically plausible that we win the division, assuming we take care of business next Sunday and assuming that Seattle performs as well against them as they did against us....

But a SF loss might be just as if not more beneficial because it would give them 4 losses, and puts us in control of home field advantage over them come playoff time.

Hey. We deserve to watch a game that we don't have to stress about who wins or loses, right? I think so.
Doesn't work that way. If we don't win the division and San Fran does, then the 49ers have home-field advantage. We don't even get home-field advantage over the lowly winner of the NFC South.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In no way shape or form, does a WC team have an advantage over a division winner :facepalm:

Now, it might be an easier road to go through Philly than SF on the road but it’s too early to prognosticate.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. If we don't win the division and San Fran does, then the 49ers have home-field advantage. We don't even get home-field advantage over the lowly winner of the NFC South.
OH. Damn. You're right. I missed that. I thought that only applied for the first round games. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

(Mods, feel free to delete... bad take on my part.)

Mark

Reaction score
The SF-PHI game is going to be hard to watch. I'll feel dirty pulling for either one.

But, when push comes to shove, DAL is still mathematically competing for the division, with a realistic chance of winning-out and putting the pressure on thus-nearly-flawless (and incredibly lucky) PHI not to collapse. And we know that anything can happen...as SF demonstrated with its own mid-season skid.

SF going into MetLife Landfill on Sunday & sending the Eagles faithful home with their heads down, going without the meat, and cursing the bread? Yeah, that would be nice.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
The SF-PHI game is going to be hard to watch. I'll feel dirty pulling for either one.

But, when push comes to shove, DAL is still mathematically competing for the division, with a realistic chance of winning-out and putting the pressure on thus-nearly-flawless (and incredibly lucky) PHI not to collapse. And we know that anything can happen...as SF demonstrated with its own mid-season skid.

SF going into MetLife Landfill on Sunday & sending the Eagles faithful home with their heads down, going without the meat, and cursing the bread? Yeah, that would be nice.
Only Philly doesn’t play in MetLife.

plasticman

Reaction score
The silver lining to me is they beat the living "____" out of each other.

A few Eagles with "DNP"' all week long peppered with a generous amount of "questionables" and topped with an "out" or two would be a nice outcome to their game this weekend. I wouldn't even mind if the Eagles returned the gesture and sent some 49ers to
"the Tent".

diamonddelts

Reaction score
OH. Damn. You're right. I missed that. I thought that only applied for the first round games. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

(Mods, feel free to delete... bad take on my part.)
Math works.

Mannix

Reaction score
There is gonna be a LOT of Cowboy fans on here wishing they had rooted for Philly against SF come playoff time after we dispose of the NFC South winner, because we will end up playing @ SF versus @ Philly. The ONLY silver lining in playing @ SF could be a better chance at getting a new HC due to an earlier playoff exit. But if you want a more realistic shot at a Super Bowl appearance, hold your nose and cheer for Philly today. Smarter people than me have thought this one out and agree…trust me on this one!!!

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Step 1 : Find a topic that may interest some folks.

Step 2 : Do some basic research about the topic.

Step 3 : Start a thread.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Some of these threads man. Ayieee.
When your team hasn’t had recent playoff success, your fans forget how seeding actually works. I remember hearing how confused Rams fans were in 1999 when they made their run. Cowboys fans have become the same…

cristglo

Reaction score
I want to win the division. We’ve played awesome at home so I want San Francisco to beat Philly and I want them both to beat each other up so bad that they’ll be hobbling out at the end of the game lol.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am gonna get flamed for this but I hope Philadelphia beats San Francisco. I hate the 49ers more than any team in the NFL, I have never gotten over Montana to Clark in 83. I think one of the most underrated storylines is how Washington screwed both Philadelphia and Dallas by trading Chase to the 49ers for a bag of beans.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The silver lining to me is they beat the living "____" out of each other.

A few Eagles with "DNP"' all week long peppered with a generous amount of "questionables" and topped with an "out" or two would be a nice outcome to their game this weekend. I wouldn't even mind if the Eagles returned the gesture and sent some 49ers to
"the Tent".
I was thinking how I wouldn't shed a tear if both teams lost half their starters for the rest of the season.

Go ahead, call me a terrible person.

CWR

Reaction score

Would make sense but the league and seedings are different

tomokawan

Reaction score
It is raining here. This will slow down SF speed. Feel like rain is an advantage to the Eagles.