CFZ There's Only Two Players on the Roster Capable of Filling Cooper's Shoes in 2022

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pass2Run, Jul 4, 2022.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    Gallup has put up those kinds of numbers for years. If he can stay healthy I see little issue. Tolbert is a bonus.

Pass2Run likes this.
  2. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,775 Messages
    13,361 Likes Received
    51 yards a game?

J.Tolbert
    N.Brown
    J.Washington
    B.Smith
    S.Fehoko
    D.Drummond

Of the players I just listed, S. Fehoko is my least favorite. But I believe all of those guys can come close to 51 yards a game.

Pass2Run likes this.
  3. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    3,389 Likes Received
    Keep drinking that Arlington Jonesboys Kool Aid.

Raiders WRs corps go down the toilet when Copper is traded away, and Cowboys WRs Corps go up with a playoff berth. Now you expect that it will not happen to Jerry Dumbo GM Jones who traded Cooper away in a kiss your sister trade, and Schultz is going to suddenly become Jason Witten/Billy Joe Dupree and Jay Novacek in their primes?

Keep drinking that Kool Aid.

4. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

5,542 Messages
    5,003 Likes Received
    I keep seeing people say "Pollard isn't this" or "He cant handle that"...Pollard was a 50% slot WR in college, he is great in space in the passing game....Find me a more explosive player with the ball in his hands on our offense right now?...I'm not saying take carries away from Zeke...Im saying take touches away form our 3rd and 4th WR and give them to Pollard and lets see what happens....Touches that you want...Lamb, Gallup, shultz, zeke, you cant seriously tell me that Pollard should not be in that group.

ottawacowpoke and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  5. Pass2Run

Pass2Run Well-Known Member

2,928 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    This is stupid.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  6. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

10,173 Messages
    10,619 Likes Received
    He’s a world class Eeyore. Always has been. Everything sucks, everyone’s incompetent, we’re doomed, blah blah blah…

Pass2Run likes this.
  7. Pass2Run

2,928 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Everythiiing suuuuucks...

I like to discuss facts and different aspects of the game. If I'm a homer, so what? But I'm not being a homer here. I'm merely saying there's only two players who are even capable of producing what Cooper produced in 21.

It does get tiring when anytime you try to discuss something, people reply with the same phrases about the owner or the QB or Koolaid or something. It's like, why even reply?

ESisback and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  8. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    3,389 Likes Received
    Hey Kool Aid OH YEAH!

Pass2Run likes this.
  9. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

10,173 Messages
    10,619 Likes Received
    You spend a lot of time crying

Pass2Run likes this.
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,459 Messages
    3,685 Likes Received
    Everyone is trying to replace Coops 2021 stats but to me it was an organizational decision to keep Coops numbers down to make it easier for the fans to accept moving on from him. The stats that more represent Coop are his 2020 numbers.

Pass2Run likes this.
  11. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,443 Messages
    11,989 Likes Received
    You might be the weirdest fan I ever met.

12. Pass2Run

2,928 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    I don't think it was as much that as it is allowing a younger player to progress to his potential while letting go of another who is approaching his downside.

It makes more sense to stick with your guy who's under 25 rather than helplessly tying yourself to an aging player who costs you more money.

CowboyFanInLexKy likes this.
  13. youngjerryjones

youngjerryjones Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    that's what i'm thinking... cobb had cooper like numbers in our offense when relative to last year...can def see tolbert putting up 700 yards and 3-5 tds with james washington picking up slack

14. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,239 Messages
    21,841 Likes Received
    No one can stop Cooper Rush.

Pass2Run likes this.
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,459 Messages
    3,685 Likes Received
    People always think YOUNGER YOUNGER YOUNGER but that ain’t always better. We need some seasoned vets from other teams to come here and be impactful on the field and in the locker room. The reason we lost to the 49ers last year is because we didn’t have any veteran leadership. In this day you’ll never win a super bowl with a roster of players under 25 years old. What you will do is put your salary cap in good position so that you can save money to……….

Pass2Run likes this.
  16. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    24,188 Messages
    20,692 Likes Received
    Why would we say Fehoko has the potential? A lot of people seem to like or want to like Fehoko, but I'm not sure why. I'm not saying he doesn't have something to offer (how would we know at this point?), but I don't see anything for now that suggests he is capable of 865 yards in the NFL. He was behind 6 other players on the depth chart last year. Of course some of those players are gone now, but when Gallup gets back he's likely to be no more than 5th or 6th on the depth chart, and he's probably not even a lock to make the team at all.

Pass2Run likes this.
  17. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Benched

4,231 Messages
    3,017 Likes Received
    How many years since Cowboys won a SB?

How much more of Jones’s b.s. are you going to keep eating?

18. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,443 Messages
    11,989 Likes Received
    True but how do you hate our top players and look to start practice squad guys? You literally put out hate posts on Lamb and Parsons, and love Anae and Simi

19. Pass2Run

2,928 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    As someone else said, that's like 51 yards a game. I'm not saying he'll even make the team. But if he does, I can see him having 835 yards. He has the physical tools to do it. However, I think it's more likely that Tolbert would put up numbers like that.

20. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

5,542 Messages
    5,003 Likes Received
    No one knows if this is the case BUT..if it is it is the dumbest thing ever as that would turn your 1st round pick (what they gave for him) into a 5th...horrible business if thats the case.