These playoffs have shown the Cowboys are not close to contenders

Rayman70

Reaction score
we deserved exactly what we got in rd 1. We had 0 chance if we had played today. We are a dumb team. Last week was terrible coaching and prep. A true team loss.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I agree.

Buffalo or KC would have dropped 70 on us. Especially with our offense puttering out all day

Alweezy

Reaction score
Let's be honest...

No matter what the Cowboys do this offseason, if you can't have a QB that can ball like Buffalo just did. Or like KC just did in 13 seconds, it really makes you reevaluate worrying about organizational decision making and everything else that comes along with being a contender.

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen just showed what elite QB play can do, and when you got a guy that can literally take the ball and win you the game. You have to have that as a fundamental piece of the blueprint.

We wasting time right now with Dak. Let's just call it what it is.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I dont buy it.

The cowboys could have beat any team in the league with the players they have, so they are contenders.

The cowboys not stepping up when they needed to might be because they are losers as a team, but they were contenders.

The management put together a really good team.

Delusional. We can’t run, we can’t stop the run, between our OC and QB we can’t pass much either. Our stats come against beating bad teams and we lost to most playoff teams we played. They are not close to the final 4 and other good teams. And with the cap problems things are getting worse.

Blake

Reaction score
Dallas is just fundamentally different than any other team in the league. Real football culture no longer exists there.

The team is in essence just a caricature of the owner.

Silly

Reaction score
Dallas turned around the program this year with a major improvement on the defensive side of the ball. In Mike's 3rd season, they need to concentrate on building a playoff caliber team. I am not sure the front office can bring in the players.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The remaining teams and compare them to Dallas.
-Better QBs except for Jimmy G
-Better recievers: Kupp, Diggs, Hill, Kelce, Deebo, Kittle, Chase >>>>>>>>>>>> CD Lamb, Amari
-Better RB: Mixon, Akers, Deebo, Singletary >>>>>>>> Zeke
-Better coaching: McDermott, McVay, Shanny, Taylor, Reid >>>>> Fat Mike
There is absolutely nothing that the Cowboys have over any of the remaining teams: Bills, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Bengals.
Nothing
I'll take Jimmy G over the Ten Toe Sloth. At least JG throws the ball down field, whereas the Sloth will squeeze the air out of it and render is unusable. If it wasn't for the Sloth the Cowboy run game would have been in good shape against the 9ers, but the 9er DC knew if they loaded the box and took away that part of the offense there was no way the Sloth could elevate his game to beat them and they were right.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry has not invested in a high draft pick QB since the wasted pick on a known drug addict Quincy Carter. He is delusional. What do you expect at QB, when you are not drafting an elite talent? Tony Romo a free agent was a fluke.

But he can build a dominating OL and draft playmakers on offense. The Chiefs have two burners, gamebreakers. The cowboys have none. The Chiefs and Bills have players who put the team on their back. The Cowboys offense was pathetic last week. Kellen Moore has been a terrible offensive coordinator. The league has learned how to beat him and he is too unsophisticated to learn counter-moves. Like a lot of people and things in Dallas, way over-rated.

The All-World Bills' Gabriel Davis, 4 TD's today (Amari, $20 million for what?) was selected in the fourth round in the 2020 NFL Draft.

zeke21

Reaction score
All today confirmed is that anyone still talking about Dak as even half competent needs to seriously look at themselves.

No way you put that loss on Allen.. and Mahomes just earnt every dollar of his pay check. 13 seconds and found a way to get to OT. (yes OT rules suck, would have loved to watch another 15 minutes of these guys slugging away).

Is there anyone, seriously, that thinks Dak could have done similar?! We couldn't even execute a SINGLE play in 14 seconds.. Mahomes drives 50 yards down the field.

We are beyond stuffed. Oh and why all the Jimmy G hate? I've never got it.. the guy has got to a SB, now is in another Conference Game.. and you still throw shade? Dak is better why?!! Dak has one friggen playoff win.. ONE!!

Burrows is the real deal.. and Herbert is too. When they get a team around Herbert watch out. And Stafford just showed he has the talent.. he was just anchored at a very average outfit.

Stafford is the example I use of why you go and get Carr. I think Carr could have an outstanding 3 year stint here.. And yes it is another Dak rant.. but this team will never have success until he is on the bench. Never.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
As great as I felt about Dallas this season, right now, I see that Dallas needs a lot of work: offense, defense, special teams, coaching, front office.... all of it needs to step up and improve.

How? I have no idea. I'm not sure Dallas (especially the FO) is capable

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Definitely not close. You either need an elite QB or a great coaching staff (or even both). The Cowboys have neither and the way the Jerry and Stephen operate, they will never bring in a great coach and let him do his job.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Delusional. We can’t run, we can’t stop the run, between our OC and QB we can’t pass much either. Our stats come against beating bad teams and we lost to most playoff teams we played. They are not close to the final 4 and other good teams. And with the cap problems things are getting worse.

That sounds horrible. We have a good punter

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
All today confirmed is that anyone still talking about Dak as even half competent needs to seriously look at themselves.

No way you put that loss on Allen.. and Mahomes just earnt every dollar of his pay check. 13 seconds and found a way to get to OT. (yes OT rules suck, would have loved to watch another 15 minutes of these guys slugging away).

Is there anyone, seriously, that thinks Dak could have done similar?! We couldn't even execute a SINGLE play in 14 seconds.. Mahomes drives 50 yards down the field.

We are beyond stuffed. Oh and why all the Jimmy G hate? I've never got it.. the guy has got to a SB, now is in another Conference Game.. and you still throw shade? Dak is better why?!! Dak has one friggen playoff win.. ONE!!

Burrows is the real deal.. and Herbert is too. When they get a team around Herbert watch out. And Stafford just showed he has the talent.. he was just anchored at a very average outfit.

Stafford is the example I use of why you go and get Carr. I think Carr could have an outstanding 3 year stint here.. And yes it is another Dak rant.. but this team will never have success until he is on the bench. Never.

Agree! You can’t watch the AFC game tonight and think we have anything close to these guys

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The cowboys could have beat any team in the league.

The playoffs are not some magical bracket. No team was destroying everyone in the league this year. They are two games later than the regular season, and it is win or you are done. If they played the 49ers again there is a good chance they win

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The remaining teams and compare them to Dallas.
-Better QBs except for Jimmy G
-Better recievers: Kupp, Diggs, Hill, Kelce, Deebo, Kittle, Chase >>>>>>>>>>>> CD Lamb, Amari
-Better RB: Mixon, Akers, Deebo, Singletary >>>>>>>> Zeke
-Better coaching: McDermott, McVay, Shanny, Taylor, Reid >>>>> Fat Mike
There is absolutely nothing that the Cowboys have over any of the remaining teams: Bills, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Bengals.
Nothing
yeah it is a big jump from cowboys to some of these other teams. esp KC and Buffalo.
I wonder if jerry watches the playoffs, and does he see it??
He always thinks just get in the playoffs, and then by some miracle you win it all lol.

If cowboys had gone to GB , I am pretty sure they would have lost big, they could not have handled the cold like SF did.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Probably because Stafford is better than Dak and also on a far superior team.
Like I said Dallas not close to elite.
No aspect of our team can you compare with the remaining teams

I wanted to say ST, but then I remembered Greg.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The cowboys could have beat any team in the league.

The playoffs are not some magical bracket. No team was destroying everyone in the league this year. They are two games later than the regular season, and it is win or you are done. If they played the 49ers again there is a good chance they win

No team plays everyone in the league. I know you were exaggerating, but the point remains. The better teams generally move on, and the lesser teams generally don't. That doesn't have to be magical to be true.