Twitter: They said trading a 1st round pick was too much

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading 2 first round picks wouldn't have been too much, but thats not the point. We now have to give him a huge contract or it was a waste. Where is Amari's offer? We know Dak has one on the table.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
When Dak threw it, I thought there was no chance Cooper would catch it.

Turned out to be a great throw and an even greater catch

So my question is were you at the game and could see where Cooper was in relation to the QB when the ball was thrown? Cause I was not and on the TV you really couldn't see, in any replay that I saw, if it was a calculated risk or just a toss in hopes of a catch.

My3Sons

Reaction score
He is the best route runner in the NFL. I have to admit, I didnt like the trade. He has helped the cowboys win a bunch of regular season games in a short time. If we don't win a SB and he leaves after this year, there is a reasonable argument against the trade. He is obviously worth the 1st if he finishes the prime of his career in Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cooper is like Brett Maher. Make the crazy catch and drop the simple one.

Seriously unbelievable that you can make those catches and drop some of the ones he does.

I love me some Cooper however so don't get the wrong idea here!

blueblood70

Reaction score

I didnt think the pick was bad but trying to keep him is harder now, and thats why the pick was criticized if we cant resign Amari it was an expensive rental..

he maybe too expensive to keep and thats sad if we lose him bit we cant expect to be able to give this dude Julio or Thomas money..we have Dak to pay..

Gallup is looking up o that a bonus..

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't understand how a guy can make a catch like this but have a ball hit him square in his hands and have it bounce off and get intercepted (Green Bay). I still think that play was the main play that cost us that game.

Because that was Cooper going and getting that ball in stride. Nothing else to think about. The one in the GB game had him reach back for it while he was thinking about possibly scoring. So his thought process was on more than just catching the ball.

The catch against the Eagles cracked me up. He just flat our embarrassed that DB. That DB gave him something like a 10 yard cushion and I initially thought Dak over threw him from the angle I had. He just ran right past that DB and got it.

Shane612

Reaction score
I don't understand how a guy can make a catch like this but have a ball hit him square in his hands and have it bounce off and get intercepted (Green Bay). I still think that play was the main play that cost us that game.
It happens to the best receivers. It just matter of how often.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I was going to say something similar
Almost every missed catch that I have seen, except for a few, have been thrown behind and the one in question was also behind. The talking heads said he should have slowed down as he was crossing the field to catch it. I'm not an idiot but please explain to me how he is supposed to get clear of a defender if he slows down?

GMO415

Reaction score
Something's burning and it ain't coming from the kitchen!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If we give up a first rounder for a player we only have two years, I would not consider it a good deal. But that's just me.
Exactly because we will be in the same boat next year. The only way it would be good is if we win the SB this year.