things i saw tonight

STSINAZ

Reaction score
things i saw tonight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont think Bill Parcells has as much impact on his players as he used to...before dallas...reason i say this is because the media has kind of chipped away at his mystique...meaning now more than ever is everything that is done by any coach critiqued and talked about on every channel you can think of...especially everything that bill parcells does whereas in the past alot of the things he did to motivate players went unnoticed in the media...alot of them worked...now players are very aware of it...the players have also changed...things arent working like they used to...players arent as scared now...they dont play as hard and pay attention like they would have in the past playing for him...most of these kids dont respect authority as it is (at least not as much as they used to )so he is pretty much starting behind the eight ball...

With that being said I know it's only game of the preseason with a bunch of new players, a new defense and a new quarterback. BUT........

Bledsoe looked old and tired IMO...

Why would BP even start a rookie at RT???? it obviously didnt work...i saw C. Okeafor WORK PETTITI ON ONE PLAY WITH SHEAR STRENGTH AND PETTITI OUTWEIGHS HIM BY 50 POUNDS. WE NEED A RT AND QUICK!

BECAUSE TUCKER YOU SUCK...I WOULD CUT HIM TONIGHT!

PETERMAN...you arent ready to start so LA cant move to RT...too many penalties

Rivera was getting off the ball and quick but on the 2nd play of the game him and LA didnt block the guys who got in there on JJ...and they could have...they just quit!

Barnes...missed the block on the first play...he whiffed!

That's what I am talking about...these guys just arent concentrating...its very unlike a Bill Parcells team...I dont know that he has it anymore..his mystique is gone...I have been seeing this for a while...the first year we got lucky because almost every game we played someone who had major injuries at key positions...more than usual...we were able to win those games with overachievers...now it's a joke...i hope this is not a precursor for the season...BP looked sick to his stomach....

Tyson Thompson...how can this guy not make the team...if he goes on the PS he will be picked up no doubt....he could be good someday

Henry...good tackling
TNew you are back...good play out there
Roy - what was that spin for ? was that a new dance...that should have been a sack!

Al S - why are you starting still? get burnett in there

Dat played well

What about my boy bradie! i think he is in the perfect position and he was the cause of that fumble...go back and look...he popped it out right before roy hit that guy...i slow mowed it down...bradie was all over the field...he hits like a mack truck...

Ware - Ware where you? didnt see that speed to omuch...davis manhandled you...oh well no passrush again...lol...we are too small up front!

Glover and ellis playing in the 3-4...no way that's going to work...we need spears, fergy and canty IMO....to make this work...

FS - Davis was lost out there...giving up that TD for sure...we need to go and get someone there.....and at RT ASAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ROMO - looked good out there...Henson up and down...he had that running game to help him...Romo didnt....I hope that Bledsoe doesnt look like that during the year...if so it will be a long one! one more time for the BP retreads!

I'm out...flo when will you stop berry! what a joke that was....lol

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Just wanted to make a couple of counter points:

Pettiti actually looked decent aside from the sack play IMHO. Being a rook and changing sides and playing against a good sack man, he wasnt bad at all.

BJames was indeed all over the place!

I hate to blame that td on Davis, we had really good pressure on Warner and smacked him just as he threw, Fitz made a fantastic play on the ball. Davis actually was in good position on the route and if Warner hadn't been hit causing the ball to go behind fitz, i think Davis had a pick.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
we made warner look like he was back in st. louis and it would have been worse if he had had boldin!

Z-Man

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
ROMO - looked good out there...Henson up and down...he had that running game to help him...Romo didnt....I hope that Bledsoe doesnt look like that during the year...if so it will be a long one! one more time for the BP retreads!

I thought Barber did ok for Romo. And Romo actually had better protection than Henson was getting. So in all you have to call it even.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
my questions for you guys is what do you think about the mystique thing? it used to work but the media has talked about every little thing parcells does to motivate players...players are different now....this is a different era..they make more money...I dont think they are scared anymore...not as much as they used to be...

bags

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
my questions for you guys is what do you think about the mystique thing? it used to work but the media has talked about every little thing parcells does to motivate players...players are different now....this is a different era..they make more money...I dont think they are scared anymore...not as much as they used to be...

I think julius was pretty scared by bill last season. After he raised his hand to come out for a play and bill called him out on it julius did seem like he had something to prove to bill. It could just be that jj didnt want to be called soft though. Roy seems to respect him as a coach aswell.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I think you guys are way too quick to jump to conclusions. I would slow it down a little bit...did you expect us to come out and win 41-0. New system, lots of new faces, come on, give it some time. But if you guys want to give up at this point already, be my guest. Go don your Patriots jerseys, you fair weather nancy boys

bags

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I think you guys are way too quick to jump to conclusions. I would slow it down a little bit...did you expect us to come out and win 41-0. New system, lots of new faces, come on, give it some time. But if you guys want to give up at this point already, be my guest. Go don your Patriots jerseys, you fair weather nancy boys

owned

morasp

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

I think they are. Look at Hunter, We trade him to the Jets and he gets cut almost immediately? Doesn't Parcells still have connections with the Jets? I think that was one of those you won't play in this league again routines. I remember brown sugar talking about it last year with the CBs. I think that is one of the ways he tries to get them to play harder, by intimidation.