Things you have eaten before but never again

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTsjVkA1qgd9QfZLLUEGkRbATpvv_gY8tDF6Q&usqp=CAU Dove was a little to gamy for my taste.

If someone has a better way to prep it let me know. I soaked it in salt for 12 hours and then used seasoning and still was too much for me. what's your story?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Frog legs
Alligator
Eggplant
Squash(like butternut on occasion if drowned in brown sugar like yams)
Cauliflower
Octopus
Cucumber/zucchini

I am sure that more rabbit food was omitted :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Biggest one for me is seafood and fish. I'll eat tuna on occasion if it's smothered in mayo, but if I smell seafood, I can't eat.

As for veggies, there are a lot of them, but the worst by far is Brussels sprouts. My mother tried for about 3 hours to make me eat them when I was a kid, but every time they touched my tongue, it kicked in my gag reflex. I'm getting a little queasy just remembering it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Biggest one for me is seafood and fish. I'll eat tuna on occasion if it's smothered in mayo, but if I smell seafood, I can't eat.

As for veggies, there are a lot of them, but the worst by far is Brussels sprouts. My mother tried for about 3 hours to make me eat them when I was a kid, but every time they touched my tongue, it kicked in my gag reflex. I'm getting a little queasy just remembering it.
Oops, I messed up. I shouldn't count Brussels sprouts because I never actually swallowed any. lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTsjVkA1qgd9QfZLLUEGkRbATpvv_gY8tDF6Q&usqp=CAU Dove was a little to gamy for my taste.

If someone has a better way to prep it let me know. I soaked it in salt for 12 hours and then used seasoning and still was too much for me. what's your story?
Get some cream cheese, fresh jalapeño and bacon. Wrap the dove breasts in some of the cheese and 1/4 slice of jalapeño with the bacon. Grill over coals and enjoy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Frog legs
Alligator
Eggplant
Squash(like butternut on occasion if drowned in brown sugar like yams)
Cauliflower
Octopus
Cucumber/zucchini

I am sure that more rabbit food was omitted :grin:
All that stuff is good except for the Eggplant.

InTheZone

Reaction score
wasabi peas

thought I'd pick up a snack that I had never had before. Got in the car, threw a few in my mouth and immediately opened the door to spit them out. Just so happened to have someone walking between my car when I was trying to rush the door open. I'll never try them again.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Lake trout. I don't target them but for a time right after ice out they can be in the same areas the salmon are. Usually just release them but one took some damage and wasn't going to make it so I brought it home. Never make that mistake again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
wasabi peas

thought I'd pick up a snack that I had never had before. Got in the car, threw a few in my mouth and immediately opened the door to spit them out. Just so happened to have someone walking between my car when I was trying to rush the door open. I'll never try them again.
I tried Wasabi peanuts once...Disgusting. I like spicy food, so I figured I'd like them, but I can't even describe the taste of those things....Maybe pickled shrimp, gone bad?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lake trout. I don't target them but for a time right after ice out they can be in the same areas the salmon are. Usually just release them but one took some damage and wasn't going to make it so I brought it home. Never make that mistake again.

Is what you call lake trout the same as arctic char?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait......lake trout in the same places as salmon? I thought salmon were river fish?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Get some cream cheese, fresh jalapeño and bacon. Wrap the dove breasts in some of the cheese and 1/4 slice of jalapeño with the bacon. Grill over coals and enjoy.
That's the way I do mine also, minus the cream cheese. Gobble 'em up, they're good eating like that.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Octopus
Menudo
Calf fries
Spinach
Had to google calf fries...yiggity...bull testicles, fried in batter lol. The dish looks like popcorn shrimp...could probably ruin someone's day :omg:
calf-fries-yum.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score

Try heavy flour battering and deep fry.