Thirty Seasons Under the Joneses

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the 3 Superbowl (Jimmy's team) its been nothing (24 years) but wanna be dreams by a Car salesman named Jerry.
And depending on what he does with the contract situations it could be another 10 years of misery. We await our GM decisions.
Hold a small basket as this GM has shown failure is his largest Talent!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I absolutely forgot it was the 30th anniversary. How could I forget. Now what are his stats after Jimmy Johnson? We should do this again in 7 more years with the 30th anniversary of that 1995 team.
Repositioning the ol' goalposts to a much more advantageous location maneuver,,, eh?
o_O:rolleyes:o_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s a story of two different tales. The time with Jimmy with the team he built and the time since Jimmy left with the teams Jerry has built.

Without the teams Jimmy built the story with Jerry alone would be dismal in comparison. I’m not sure Jerry’s ownership survives in Dallas without the amazing success he had early with Jimmy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry should have been fired as GM after the 3 straight 5-11 seasons with Campo. That was our lowest point since Jerry took over in 1989.

And he he needed another proven HC to resurrect the talent putting the Cowboys back on a more solid course.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry with his brilliance in revolutionizing revenue streams could have been recognized as one of the greatest owners in NFL history. And he was of course inducted into the HOF for these contributions.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough for the wildcatter oilman who had seeked a celebrity status in the sport since his playing days at Arkansas when he first attempted to buy the Chargers in the Late 60’s.

It’s been his passion to be a Football Guy and everything from “ socks to jocks” as the face of the Cowboys which has been his downfall and what most will remember him for.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I absolutely forgot it was the 30th anniversary. How could I forget. Now what are his stats after Jimmy Johnson? We should do this again in 7 more years with the 30th anniversary of that 1995 team.
Jerry won a Superbowl after Jimmy was gone.......

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a 32 year span the average NFL team will:

Win 8 division titles

Go to the playoffs 12 of those seasons

Play in 4 conference championship games

Win 2 conference championships

Play in 2 Super Bowls

Win 1 Super Bowl

Since Jerry Jones has purchased the team the Cowboys have:

Won their division 11 times.

Gone to the playoffs 15 times

Played in four conference championships

Won three NFC championships

Played in three Super Bowls

Won 3 championships.

They still have two more seasons to complete the 32 years averages.

I am not a big Jerry Jones fan. However, in all fairness, it cannot he said that his tenure as owner was unsuccessful. On the contrary, the Cowboys have been one of the more successful franchises during that period.

With that said, fans typically have the attitude expressed by a Janet Jackson song.....

“What have you done for me lately?”

These next two seasons close a window, not for the Cowboys, but, I suspect, for Jerry himself. This is why I believe these next two seasons are very special to him. I don’t know how this specifically translates to contracts and acquiring more talent but don’t rule out some very imaginative opportunities.

The obvious caveat is that over half of that success, and the much bigger success, came in first 10 years, and the remainder in the last 20. You can’t keep hanging your hat on success from the 1990’s.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a 32 year span the average NFL team will:

Win 8 division titles

Go to the playoffs 12 of those seasons

Play in 4 conference championship games

Win 2 conference championships

Play in 2 Super Bowls

Win 1 Super Bowl

Since Jerry Jones has purchased the team the Cowboys have:

Won their division 11 times.

Gone to the playoffs 15 times

Played in four conference championships

Won three NFC championships

Played in three Super Bowls

Won 3 championships.

They still have two more seasons to complete the 32 years averages.

I am not a big Jerry Jones fan. However, in all fairness, it cannot he said that his tenure as owner was unsuccessful. On the contrary, the Cowboys have been one of the more successful franchises during that period.

With that said, fans typically have the attitude expressed by a Janet Jackson song.....

“What have you done for me lately?”

These next two seasons close a window, not for the Cowboys, but, I suspect, for Jerry himself. This is why I believe these next two seasons are very special to him. I don’t know how this specifically translates to contracts and acquiring more talent but don’t rule out some very imaginative opportunities.

Well, why don't you just throw out the timeline and pretend the "success" didn't happen prior to 1996? Oh wait, you did. Fact is that since the team Jimmy built fell apart. he's had very little success.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the 3 Superbowl (Jimmy's team) its been nothing (24 years) but wanna be dreams by a Car salesman named Jerry.
And depending on what he does with the contract situations it could be another 10 years of misery. We await our GM decisions.
Hold a small basket as this GM has shown failure is his largest Talent!

Let be fair here dude, Jerry was not a car salesman. He sold insurance and oil. :laugh:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The obvious caveat is that over half of that success, and the much bigger success, came in first 10 years, and the remainder in the last 20. You can’t keep hanging your hat on success from the 1990’s.
Why not? Henry Ford damn sure spurred his success square in the slats,riding it beyond immortality,,,o_O