Thirty Seasons Under the Joneses

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'd forgotten about that because this is the first time I've ever heard of that happening. This is nothing like what witnesses to actual conversations have said happened. I guess the witnesses were all lying that the 500 coaches comment came after the 93 SB win, when Booger was drunk and wanting some love, and Switzer was never mentioned. And I guess Wannstedt was lying about Johnson having to be talked into coming to the war room after Booger asked him to look at him before every pick to give the illusion it was him?

If Johnson completely reversed himself, I think I would have heard this before today. Of course he had the have Booger's approval for the money part of it. The actual personnel? No

It's real easy to check, just find a video of that pregame round table and you'll hear everything I said. BTW what I was talking about was Jones drinking the night before Super Bowl XXVIII and Jones did say that many coaches could have gotten that talented team to the Super Bowl and one of the coaches he mentioned was Switzer. As far as your babble about the war room and having to look at Jones I've never heard that before.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So why did Johnson finally admit on TV seen all around the world in front of millions of people that he didn't have all the power those outside of the Cowboys think he had?
I never heard about that and unless I see the clip I can't really comment on it. I know what I heard all these years and I know what kind of a GM Jerry's been since Jimmy left. If Jerry had anything to do with those championships ( other than what Jimmy told him to do) he would have proven it by now. Jimmy leaves and he starts drafting poorly for the next 10 years. Big coincidence. The Joey Galloway trade...trying to convince us that Quincy Carter was a franchise Qb. It goes on and on.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I never heard about that and unless I see the clip I can't really comment on it. I know what I heard all these years and I know what kind of a GM Jerry's been since Jimmy left. If Jerry had anything to do with those championships ( other than what Jimmy told him to do) he would have proven it by now. Jimmy leaves and he starts drafting poorly for the next 10 years. Big coincidence. The Joey Galloway trade...trying to convince us that Quincy Carter was a franchise Qb. It goes on and on.

I have one question and a logical explanation for you. First I used to have that round table . I DVR'd it and then put it on a DVD but over time it got scratched and it doesn't play anymore. My question is if it wasn't true why would Johnson admit it on world wide TV. His ego is just as big as Jerry's so that's something he wouldn't say if he didn't mean it. The explanation is actually very simple. When Johnson was here there was no salary cap but after Super Bowl XXVIII The cap started. The Cowboys were so far in cap he11 that the other owners almost voted to give the Cowboys a 2 year grace period on the cap but it failed and was short by 3 votes, the other teams in the then NFC East.. During Johnson's time the Cowboys were paying their backups starters pay and most of the backups were and ended up being starters on other teams. Jones did his best to keep the team together for a couple more years but sadly he couldn't and Super Bowl XXX was the end of that team. Since then the Cowboys were is a constant state of cap he11 and couldn't pay to get many of their best players and could only afford to sign mid level players to replace them. The backups were all mid level again because that was all the cap room could afford. Every couple of years Jerry would sign someone good but had to renegotiate contracts that put more dead money a couple years down the road the the cap he11 was just a vicious circle until just this past off season.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
If the Dez catch was allowed to stand as it should have, I believe the Cowboys win the SB, which changes the perspective.