Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This 13-year-old invented a teeth-cleaning candy, and it's selling like crazy
Elena Sheppard
Wellness Editor
Yahoo Lifestyle
November 15, 2018

31376ff1499f5891e1b1ebb401c36c0a

Alina Morse and her Zolli candy. (Photo: Zolli Candy)

Alina Morse is a 13-year-old middle-schooler who lives in Michigan. She is also a successful inventor with a candy company that is breaking ground. Zolli Candy, which Alina launched when she was only 9, sells teeth-cleaning candy in the form of Zollipops, Zolli Drops and Zaffi Taffy. Alina now sells her Zolli candy at 7,500 stores in the U.S. as well as on Amazon and at Walmart, Kroger and Whole Foods stores. The company is expected to sell $6 million in products this year. Alina spoke with Yahoo Lifestyle about Zolli Candy, what she wants to be when she grows up and how she balances a successful business while also tackling eighth grade.

I read that you got the idea for Zollipops when you were only 7 years old. How did you decide to actually try and make your idea happen?

I love candy and was tired of hearing “no.” I also love helping people, and when I discovered that tooth decay was the No. 1 chronic condition with children and it was a preventable, it inspired me even more to make Zolli Candy happen.

What was your first attempt at making a lollipop? What did it taste like, and how did you come up with the recipe?

I learned about the magic teeth-cleaning ingredients after asking my dentist and hygienist, “What would be good to put into lollipops to make them healthy?”

Like any kid my age, I turned to YouTube too. After watching several videos and buying ingredients online, I tried making hard candy at home in the kitchen. Wow, what a mess! Sorry, Mom.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/13-...aning-candy-selling-like-crazy-233401575.html

e98307fbe14a454c3d41829c6fe62724

nobody

Reaction score
Good for her! That's awesome....until they find out in a few years that it causes 6 forms of cancer or something. lol

That's really impressive that she did that so young.