CFZ This 2022 team has some of early 90's team fire

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
For those that were around during the early 90’s and the 3 Super Bowls wins you know about the fire from the leaders on the team. I’m talking about players like Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman and Charles Haley.

Michael led by being outspoken. Fired up on the sidelines. Urging others to get in the game. Say what you will about his off the field activities, but when he spoke up to his teammates, they listened.

Troy led by refusing to accept mediocrity. If you screwed up he would let you know. Just ask big Nate.

Charles led by well, being Charles. Once after a loss, he punched a hole through the locker room wall he was so upset. After a an early winning record he once said, “We’re just 2 losses away from disaster”.

This 2022 team has some of that fire. Micah Parsons the Lion. He doesn’t care about any kind of Hot Boyz crap. He just wants to crap on other teams by dominating them. Teams now fear him. As they should.

No matter what you wanna say about Dak, he’s got the fire as a leader as well. He leads by example which is just another style of leadership. He’s constantly striving to better his game. The players love him and will break down walls for him which was shown after he went down with that horrific injury. And how he came back from that was a true inspiration for everyone on that team.

What we don’t have that those early 90’s team did have is a Michael Irving type of leader.

Can Cee Dee Lamb be that type of leader? Trevon Diggs? Tyler Smith? Can Micah Parsons evolve into that type of leader? I don’t know but I hope that someone can fill that one void on this team and be that fiery leader that will help propel this team to greatness.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those that were around during the early 90’s and the 3 Super Bowls wins you know about the fire from the leaders on the team. I’m talking about players like Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman and Charles Haley.

Michael led by being outspoken. Fired up on the sidelines. Urging others to get in the game. Say what you will about his off the field activities, but when he spoke up to his teammates, they listened.

Troy led by refusing to accept mediocrity. If you screwed up he would let you know. Just ask big Nate.

Charles led by well, being Charles. Once after a loss, he punched a hole through the locker room wall he was so upset. After a an early winning record he once said, “We’re just 2 losses away from disaster”.

This 2022 team has some of that fire. Micah Parsons the Lion. He doesn’t care about any kind of Hot Boyz crap. He just wants to crap on other teams by dominating them. Teams now fear him. As they should.

No matter what you wanna say about Dak, he’s got the fire as a leader as well. He leads by example which is just another style of leadership. He’s constantly striving to better his game. The players love him and will break down walls for him which was shown after he went down with that horrific injury. And how he came back from that was a true inspiration for everyone on that team.

What we don’t have that those early 90’s team did have is a Michael Irving type of leader.

Can Cee Dee Lamb be that type of leader? Trevon Diggs? Tyler Smith? Can Micah Parsons evolve into that type of leader? I don’t know but I hope that someone can fill that one void on this team and be that fiery leader that will help propel this team to greatness.

Love your spirit but Dak couldn't lead us to Mcdonald's for a couple of double cheeseburgers.......:(

plasticman

Reaction score
Darn shame they don't have the players on offense too.

Troy, Michael, Emmitt..........

Dak, CeeDee, Zeke....? (Of course, keeping in mind that Dak is on the injury list right now)

Now the defense.......they look legit. I gotta say, you are half right. But the offense? I'm not even going to discuss the offensive line. I won't even go there

Dak doesn't have Aikman's arm. CeeDee doesn't have Michael's passion. Zeke doesn't have Emmitt's heart.

CeeDee has to win games for us. He has to be the one to light the fire. Zeke has to run when we really need him to. Dak has to be accurate and get the ball into tight spots. I have seen Aikman hit Michael between the 8's while being surrounded by three DB's.

Again, the defense looks legit and can even be better than the 90's team but it's no deal when you look at offense.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Where was the fire week 1 when Dak was starting? This fire only showed up when someone else was leading the team on the field. I thought it was refreshing not seeing the camera constantly panning over to Dak and his 'deer in the headlights' look he always has on his face.

You're getting to the point of obsession. Surely there's other things to talk about other than Dak. There are 53 other dudes to talk about.

Why are you calling him out? @Rockport is the one who spoke of Dak's fire as a leader. Where was this leadership week one when the entire team looked as though they didn't have a care in the world? The fire only showed up after the team got trashed in the media and a different QB got to lead them the following week.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Where was the fire week 1 when Dak was starting? This fire only showed up when someone else was leading the team on the field. I thought it was refreshing not seeing the camera constantly panning over to Dak and his 'deer in the headlights' look he always has on his face.

Evidently 40 mil a year does not buy you fire or passion. Dak is no leader, man's barely a functional bus driver

the playmaker

Reaction score
Darn shame they don't have the players on offense too.

Troy, Michael, Emmitt..........

Dak, CeeDee, Zeke....? (Of course, keeping in mind that Dak is on the injury list right now)

Now the defense.......they look legit. I gotta say, you are half right. But the offense? I'm not even going to discuss the offensive line. I won't even go there

Dak doesn't have Aikman's arm. CeeDee doesn't have Michael's passion. Zeke doesn't have Emmitt's heart.

CeeDee has to win games for us. He has to be the one to light the fire. Zeke has to run when we really need him to. Dak has to be accurate and get the ball into tight spots. I have seen Aikman hit Michael between the 8's while being surrounded by three DB's.

Again, the defense looks legit and can even be better than the 90's team but it's no deal when you look at offense.
the "hot shoulder"....the great Emmitt lead us to an amazing win against Gnuts!!!
2022 team doesn't have

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Trying to compare Dak, Zeke, and Lamb to that of Troy, Emmitt, and Irvin is like trying to compare a sumo wrestler to a track star. The group of players today are motivated to get fat and happy by money whereas the players of the past are motivated by Championships....at least that is the case in Dallas.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: UNREAL

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evidently 40 mil a year does not buy you fire or passion. Dak is no leader, man's barely a functional bus driver
Deer in the Headlights a Leader??
Really now???:muttley:

I highly doubt with the exception of Zeke and Schultz that any other player takes seriously this fraud of a QB anymore!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would say it’s sad how every time the team does well, someone breaks out the 90’s comparisons, but I guess when your team hasn’t done jack in the Playoffs in 30 years, you have no other frame of reference.

HungryLion

Reaction score
On a serious note. I do think this team shows significantly more “fire” and emotion than they did under the Garret regime.

However, I don’t see much legitimacy behind any 90’s team comparisons.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
We had Zeke, Parsons, Dak, and Cooper last year. Where was the fire and the 90's feel?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Jimmy ruled that team with an iron fist. Astma fields come to mind. Norv was an offensive genius.

Jerry's country club has no such fields. Coach's don't decide who plays or are allowed to discipline players.

It's not just the players or the talent level. In the 90's it was Jimmy's team, since he left and Jerry took over his style just doesn't work. The 96 super bowl was the last remnant Jimmy's dynasty.

Zordon

Reaction score

thats-bait-mad-max.gif