Twitter: This "bend but don't break" defensive scheme clearly isn't working

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Not only is this defense incapable of getting turnovers, they seem to be incapable of forcing 3 and outs or punts which would give the Cowboys offense better field position. This is clearly not a playoff defense. They can't get turnovers and can't force punts before opposing offenses get into the redzone or field goal range.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders, the defense ranks 23rd in drive success rate. The offense ranks 4th.

Proof

Reaction score
I just don’t get it. Largely the same defense with the addition of Quinn who is doing his job and then some. It’s nuts. I was optimistic about the offense, but I was confident in the defense

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I knew our average starting field position had to be bad.

But this just takes the cake man.

Hard to expect an offense to score a ton of points when they constant have to drive the ball 80 yards.

The offense doesn't escape blame in the 3 game losing streak for their slow starts and costly mistakes. But, the defense isn't raising up to help them out, we've seen where other teams have had games where their offense has struggled or started off slow and yet their defense is able to help them out by forcing 3 and outs, punts helps field position or getting turnovers for their offense This is what playoffs defenses do and what ours has seen the inability to be able to do.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It also doesn’t help that they keep the opposing teams offense on the field for 10+ minutes longer than our offense has time on the field. If we wanna win, we need to get the ball in our offenses hands. We can’t score if we never have the ball. Those 10 minutes of stalling drives could be two+ TD’s or fieldgoals for us to drive up the score.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I came here to tout the fact that the Dallas D hasn't given up many points but then I started reading the posts. In addition, the D only has 5 turnovers on the season. Somebody better flip a switch on that side of the ball.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just don’t get it. Largely the same defense with the addition of Quinn who is doing his job and then some. It’s nuts. I was optimistic about the offense, but I was confident in the defense
Rewatch the Rams game.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Not only is this defense incapable of getting turnovers, they seem to be incapable of forcing 3 and outs or punts which would give the Cowboys offense better field position. This is clearly not a playoff defense. They can't get turnovers and can't force punts before opposing offenses get into the redzone or field goal range.

Yikes.

Redline360

Reaction score
People will say this defence doesn't allow many points, but man, seems like unless the other team had a holding penalty or drop, our defence can't do anything to stop anyone.

It's also nice we played three god awful teams and a saints team with no brees. Bridgewater has been carried by the saints D.