Twitter: This "bend but don't break" defensive scheme clearly isn't working

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys lack of take-aways has been a problem for years. They seems to be near the bottom of the league in INT almost every season. I think they had one season about 3 years ago when they actually were getting turnovers and the defense was near the top of the league. There is no doubt the style of defense is to play defensively and not allow the big plays. So teams like the Jets use 14 plays to score a TD. But that drive by the Jets was meh. The 92 yard TD was a fluke. It happens once in a long while. It was a good play call in the right situation and executed perfectly. But the drive that really pissed me off was the Jets' TD drive right before the half. Those are the drives this team seems to struggle stopping. Allowing the Jets to score like that changed the game. It was a horrible effort by the Cowboys and their coaching staff that plays soooooo loose in the 2 minute drill.

This defense must get more aggressive. But its not that simple either. When they do blitz its usually a LB who runs right into a blocker. They need to get more creative with their blitzes to ensure someone gets home. The need to blitz up the middle more to flush the QBs into the tackles of Lawrence and Quinn.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Takeaways:
Dallas 5
San Francisco 12 (5 games)
New England 16

Redline360

Reaction score
What do you mean the never turn to locate and flail your arms technique not working...

Shocking

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
After 3 weeks and 3 wins, I stressed my longtime concern for the success of the BBDB mentality. Most in this forum said, "Overreaction! The team is 3-0, and their PPG is low, so you're just looking for reasons to complain."

3 weeks later, 3 losses later? :facepalm:

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Just as soon as this thread was posted, Richard had already fixed the defense's problems. Just like he did the last two weeks. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
hi-res-1787a9569685821bf1b43a947d9e7a8d_crop_north.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
It's currently called "The Bend & Breaking" strategy/philosophy right now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's less about bend-don't-break and more about being simplistic and predictable. The Cowboys defense confuses no one.

So they take their time, then take their shots. It's only a matter of time.